I clapped

I clapped.

Attached: 234234234.png (740x692, 451.68K)

If Del Toro wanted to truly represent institutional evil the pale man would have a huge nose

del taco stole this monster from ultraseven btw

Attached: 1630208106114.webm (1920x1080, 361.94K)

Wow....thats so like deep man ...

>my monster called the Pale Man is called pale man because he is a) pale and b) a man

This isn't a joke?

Honestly dropped him after this and honestly haven't noticed my life being any less or different. It's not like he's making anything these days besides more chairs with compromised structural integrity.

I am genuinely not trying to be a contrarian here. Wasn't Ofelia supposed to be the antagonist in this scene? The fairies tell her in no uncertain terms DON'T TOUCH THE FUCKING TABLE and what does she do? Even worse, the fairies respond by immediately sacrificing their own lives to save her from her own fuckup. How were you supposed to view this *without* contextualizing it as "Holy shit fuck you Ofelia"

I remember vividly seeing this movie when it came out and I remember thinking even then that it was one of the worst cunt moves that a "hero child" type protagonist ever made, in anything. Like Edmund from Narnia was less of an asshole than that and they still spent two books/movies redeeming him.

Attached: pl.jpg (1280x800, 66.46K)

The real reason the Pale Man was designed that way is because it looks creepy. Now that anti-white politics is popular, del Toro says it represents white people. I hate when creators try to fit their older works into the current political climate and say it was that way the entire time.

>a morbidly obese communist makes a gay surrealist metaphor about how the Francoists were le evil for not letting the communists kill everyone, rape more nuns, steal even more gold and ship it to moscow, etc.
>turns out he also hates wypipo
no fuckin way

Yes, Ofelia was a naughty girl and got her eternal reward at the end of the movie.

>Le white men are evil
Getting tired of this meme, desu.

Honestly you can't unsee it when you realize that all of Del Toro's work is him seething over how creepy wypipo are.

Attached: kroenen.jpg (1280x720, 148.36K)

Apparently she was put under a spell but movie does a shit job of showing that.
Anyway yea. It especially makes the last trial run hollow when she didn't want to HURT her brother but some fairies dying for her? Sure. Pure and innocent girl btw..

and nothing of value was lost.

Attached: 1632692300512.gif (500x444, 505.62K)

or maybe he just likes grotesque and creepy stuff? i know you are just baiting, but stop it with the myracegoodyourracebad stuff. its retarded and you look stupid. and don't talk shit about kroenen. he was fucking basdass.

Send Del Taco to Gitmo.

>i know you are just baiting, but stop it with the myracegoodyourracebad stuff.
Fuck you for saying that Del Toro's own statements can't be viewed to contextualize Del Toro's own work, your claim is now that he's blatantly lying about his own mind and I'm "baiting" by repeating his stated views.

Literally half the output of his entire career has been either "Hitler bad" or "Franco bad" and he's had multiple works that simply equate vampirism to white privilege.

he won an oscar for a movie whose premise was "racists don't want you to fuck fish" lmao

>Named del Toro
>spouts bullshit
Who writes this?

they were right about that. don't fuck fish

>director dude watched zombie and godzilla movies in the 80s but he is totally a left wing social justice warrior now, trust me bro.

>makes thread over 5 year old tweet

>says the white supremacist who only casts whites in his movie