How did this unemployed fat fuck afford to drink from open to close for years and years?

How did this unemployed fat fuck afford to drink from open to close for years and years?

Attached: norm.jpg (258x195, 6.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aGIp89WUwdI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He had a tab

He had jobs. He was initially an accountant but later became a house painter and then a decorator.

Sam let him drink for free when he was unemployed (well, with a promise to eventually pay off his tab), and Norm basically came with the place when Sam bought it, watch the show why don't you

Attached: 1605571142197.jpg (457x676, 54.77K)

No one would let someone keep a tab open for a month let alone 10 years

on TV they would

I've watched the entire show multiple times and I don't recall them making a verbal agreement.

When Rebecca took over the bar, his tab was $850, which he paid off by painting her apartment and office. So the slate was clean at that point and he started his career as a house painter and interior decorator.

for the first couple of seasons Norm does pay for his beers (but according to Carla never once tips) and he has a job/jobs but then Sam raises the price of the beers (to a buck seventy five) which does cause Norm some grief and he tightens his belt but soon after this Norm becomes chronically unemployed and they switch to a tab followed by some drama about Norm paying this tab (he does buy Sam a boat with some gambling winnings) and some jokes by Sam about how Norm's unpaid bar tab is his retirement fund, I guess you weren't paying attention during those parts or you just wanted some yous

Attached: 10485986_743597579034076_4999378869561445739_o.jpg (1593x2048, 848.72K)

>career as a house painter and interior decorator.
what did he do the other 28 days a month when he wasn't working?

good knowledge of show trivia, Cheers fren

Attached: 1612238330635.jpg (1240x644, 121.85K)

How expensive was Melville's upstairs? People waiting in Cheers for their table upstairs to be ready were typically well dressed.

Christ on a cock that looks top-tier comfy.

he had a tab and the owner assumed he would be good with the money

Jc, learn your history user. It wasn't that long ago when people dressed about to go the movies user.

drank

What did he eat?

People just dressed better when they went out back then, but I’ll say it’s a 4.5 zagat rating, but it’s no Michelin star. $35-40 per person by today’s standards. Really the best level. High quality without being too pretentious.

NORM!

pretzels, beer nuts, and cheese doodles

Attached: 189045.jpg (480x480, 65.05K)

No one got dressed up in formalwear just to go to the movies in the 1980s when Cheers was set. Also there are various levels of dress. Norm is wearing a tie and a jacket but neither is dressy. The type of clothes people who were waiting for Melville's were wearing nicer clothes than typical for patrons of the bar.
youtube.com/watch?v=aGIp89WUwdI
Sounds reasonable. Men wore ties but there's a difference between a three piece suit, a sports coat, and a cardigan, even if you can wear a tie with all three.

Attached: patrons.jpg (853x577, 67.15K)

it does, here's bigger file

Attached: 1623552332982.png (1600x832, 1.15M)

Maybe you should watch the show and pay attention instead of dilating and playing you Nintendo you fucking retarded nigger.

Occasionally a little sorghum

Olives and lemon wedges.

watching that clip, Cheers was a fine show and all, but it wouldn't be half as popular without that opening theme song

goat layout

dumb thing to say but whatever

nah it's true.hs

Money was worth more back then.

Sam actually pissed in a beer keg and would give it to Norm. He had been drinking Sam's piss for years, somehow I think he knew it.

that song only has value because of the show, retard.