I'm sorry to hear that, Arthur...

>I'm sorry to hear that, Arthur. I'm going to help rehabilitate you as well as work to increase government funding towards aiding mental illness. You can start by exercising regularly and getting a meaningful job. And stop blaming society for your faults.
Would this have changed things?

Attached: murray.jpg (862x861, 52K)

>exercise

I would have shot him right then

no, we live in a society with instant gratification media

he did have a job though

i don't blame society for my faults, i blame society for its own faults

I just watched this movie bros. it was pretty mediocre.

the state of hollywood, anything that even seems like it portrays real issues is the GOAT

Let everyone in a SOCIETY get "meaningful" jobs and see how the garbage bags pile up and how empty the shelves become.

user, you wouldn't get it.

This movie was so fucking dishonest.
absolutely everyone in the city is an asshole for basically no reason.
>hey look! a guy spinning a sign dressed as a clown LETS ROB HIM!
>DON'T SPEAK TO MY ME OR MY HUSBANDS NIGLET EVER AGAIN CLOWN
>arthur if you don't give back the painted wooden sign I'm going to have to take the two dollars out of your pay
>guy gets arthur fired for seemingly no raisen
>guys on the subway want to beat up arthur for no raisen
It was the illusion of story and characters.

Arthur Fleck was a fucking cartoon character. hardly a gripping portrayal of mental illness.
>NO PLEASE DON'T BEAT ME UP AHHH
>BLAM BLAM BLAM
>*dances*
H-He's JUST LIKE ME

Have you ever been to a major city? They fucking suck.

being a garbage man is a meaningful job. being a grocery store drone sucks shit though but most basic city maintenance jobs can be seen as meaningful and useful to society and other people.

that is unironically the reality of low income people in nyc and LA, the movie did a better job of portraying the american experience for low income earners and it made the media elite nervous

The dude was really unlucky, but all of this is really a possibility.

>absolutely everyone in the city is an asshole for basically no reason
just like real life then

nobody robs a fucking sign spinner. The sign likely cost less than 5 dollars. The guy getting arthur fired really needed one more scene.

the movie had no clear villain, no clear protagonist motivation
>whoa I like want to be a comedian or wait I want to meet my dad for....some reason
>also I somehow have no memory of my backstory of childhood abuse that was stolen from L.A.Confidential

>raisen

Food delivery people get jumped all the time for orders that are a couple of dollars, leave your ivory tower and check into reality.

Would bringing back state-funded community mental health centers solve the homeless crisis? Some people are truly beyond saving but still need a place to live, but I wonder how many would choose to be homeless anyway.

the media elite funded the movie you retard.
>all happens in a week
most of it makes no sense. why would you be mad about the price of a wooden sign? Why would a store that's closing give a shit anyway? Why did the guy from true detective s1 want him fired?
I live in a city. 99% of the assholish behavior occurs in cars and to wagies working a register.

None of these even addresses the core issues the movie has. Poor characters, poor story, poor pacing. It's a fucking chore to watch.

>someone likely alone at night
is not
>a fucking clown wagie spinning a sign in a crowded city during the day
and the food delivery driver OBVIOUSLY has something of (albeit minor) value on them. would you really believe a clown would have money on him?

Why would you derive "meaning" from serving a SOCIETY if the sun is going to explode and destroy it all eventually anyway?

>crowded cities are a zero-trust hellhole full of spiteful, mean-spirited people
sounds about right

could be they just fucked with him because hes a funny looking weirdo, people do be like that.