What do you think of the last good season of The Simpsons?

What do you think of the last good season of The Simpsons?

Attached: 51VCGFMCucL._AC_SY445_.jpg (317x445, 34.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Swartzwelder
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Season 8 is the general consensus i think

Was just going to post this.
9 has some good moments, its hard to even say that of any season after

For me Ned's wife's death is the cutoff point

What happened between 8 and 9? Did they fire the writers?

I think a lot of the staff left to start making Futurama, plus Phil Hartman died so all of a sudden they couldnt do Troy Mclure and Lionel Hutz stuff anymore

yes, everybody left, writers like Conan O'Brien left and Matt Groening was long gone

>I have proofs
*TOP SECRET
>I have proofs
*TOP SECRET
one with a box,the other with a paper folder

childhood is thinking 8 was the last decent season
adulthood is realising it was 12 all along

I mean Conan was long gone by that point I think. I always felt futurama took some of the good writers but have never confirmed.

Show runner probably changed around then at least

I think best seasons are 1-4 (5 was a notorious beggining of decline, but had a bunch of good episodes though, like the halloween especial, etc.)
Then there comes a general huge gap (I say general because there are good episodes here and there) in 5 or 6 to whatever was the season where the quality improved (started being made on computrer, formerly hand-drawn).
So I said 1-4 are best but after that my favorite seasons are unironically 17 and 18. I can pinpoint them exactly. They are a gold mine of great episodes.

>5 was a notorious beggining of decline
Could you BE more wrong?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Swartzwelder

The quality of The Simpsions is directly proportional to the number of episodes he wrote. This is not to say it's his sole responsibility, but that his involvement in the show is a good barometer for that original "lighning in a bottle" writers room drifting away.

That's not season 14...

>17 and 18 over 5
Were you dropped as a baby

s

aul goodman

Season 10 is a rollercoaster of shit and still funny.

somewhere around 11

Not him, but the only sign of decline I've noticed in S5 is the barbershop quartet episode. Wasn't terrible, but not all that funny. t.guy who is watching the entire series for the first time.

>Goodbye my Coney Isle!

>getting filtered by the B Sharps

1 is trash, 2 is the only acceptable starting point

based

2 is also the best season

This nigga just throwing out random numbers

PUT IT IN H

Attached: simpsons put it in h.jpg (480x360, 25.39K)

>we need a name that's funny at first, but gets less funny each time you hear it
I unironically think this could be a winning formula for a band

Faggots really keep making "the season where the simpsons went bad" earlier and earlier soon people will say only the first five minutes of the first episodes are when the simpsons was good.

Season 7 is garbage, there's a weird change in tone. Apparently the writers thought that the show was going to get cancelled so they started to write a lot of odd episodes.

I don't like "Mother Simpson", it isn't a good episode. It's such a dumb premise, Homers mom being on the run from the law after she sabotaged Mr Burns' biological warfare laboratory. This is a proto-zombie Simpsons plot and I don't buy it at all. And then we have that scene where Homer gets upset because she never sent him any mail. So they go to the post office where they have tons of mail from Mona that never got delivered. Sigh... they needed to fill in the holes in this dumb story, I guess.

The fact is that Homers mom was dead up until season 7. We all understood this and accepted it. That's why she wasn't shown or mentioned, she had simply passed away. Just like Marges dad. Nothing unusual about this, and certainly not something that they needed to make an entire fucking episode about.

Yes, the ending scene is emotional, but that's mostly because of the music.