INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE

What went wrong?

Attached: Resurgence.png (1130x1600, 2.9M)

Ethnic grab-bag casting, blatant China pandering.

The (very few) people who wanted a sequel wanted Will Smith back.

CGI aliens. Shitty call back references. Jews
>you’d all be dead if it wasn’t for my David!

Liam hemsworth didn’t put his tongue down my throat

I’d watch a third movie if they brought back will smith by explaining he faked his death for a secret mission. I kinda wanted to see what the alien alliance was all about. I got teased with an interstellar conflict in Resurgence and now I’ll probably never get to see shit.

At least there was not racemixing relationship, the pretty native white people were togeter.

Attached: 1637652065757.jpg (540x559, 71.27K)

I can't remember, was Will Smith in this one?

How about the faggot crazy long hair scientist and his boyfriend with him in the hospital when he wakes up from a comma?

Everything possible

Pretty much everything, even the action was dull and the scale got so big it was dumb.

Roland Emmerich was always a hack

> Nigger
> Poo
> Jew
> Weaker Helmsworth

>The evil guys returned but bigger

Flawed from the start.

The insane nam vet should have come back

The general audience has become jaded and reddit, fun action schlock isn't acceptable to them any more. If this came out 2 years after the original instead of 20 people wouldn't have given it such a hard time.

Is always a red flag when they put one of the Hemsworth in it.

It's weird thinking now how many blockbusters (including this one) have an incredibly lame "kill the boss and all the minions instantly die" mechanic

But the original movie actually didn't do that at all, destroying the mothership just disabled the shields on the spaceships - and then it was shown that somehow 1990s jet fighters could actually defeat interstellar starfighters 1v1 if the pussies didn't have force fields to hide behind

Attached: chair force.jpg (1280x720, 62.79K)

Is that a-train?

seeing how this turned out are we glad stargate 2 and 3 never happened?

it had no heart, it was JUST massive-scale spectacle
And I like spectacle as much as the next man as long as he really likes it, but you need to have heart as well, people don't look back at Independence Day and say "I really liked that explosion" or "remember the time there was a really big thing", it's the characters and things they said.

>an incredibly lame "kill the boss and all the minions instantly die" mechanic

Attached: Lord-of-the-Rings-Eye-of-Sauron-Mordor-1.jpg (740x370, 29.69K)

To start, the name

somehow... mother queen returned

One of the major side plots was a nerdy white man sexually harassing a Chinese pilot until she agreed to go on a date with him.

No, he chose Suicide Squad over this.

The idea of just blasting an alien that unknowingly wants to help to bits is kino. Everything else was just trash.

> brought data back to life
> small battle damage made mothership just get up and leave
> made far too late after the first film

I liked the implications that the first wave of aliens fucked up hard by invading earth and losing and humanity was rapidly on its way to become the Imperium of Man now from all the wreckage they left behind

Attached: Rhea_Base_01.png (1000x414, 650.34K)

This bugged me as well. I think they do it to avoid possible plot holes and the Tolkien problem where you have to face the ethics of mercilessly killing every last one of them.

Thing is that everyone agreed that Heart of Darkness with aliens sounded kino when they first started talking about the plot and it makes no sense that the aliens who invaded the first time had individuality. It's like the intentionally made a bad movie.

Attached: German censorship.jpg (885x993, 99.21K)

The alien fighters looked neat but yea, they were trash. Very slow firing plasma shooters that needed to be extremely close to work and no missiles of any sort. Those jets would have been able to take them out for hundreds of miles away safely without the shields.

Lotr was kino

There was a short story like that where gravity manipulation is very simple tech that humans just somehow missed, so the galactic conquerors invade modern Earth with the equivalent of black powder rifles.