How in the world are 18 year old episodes still so funny?

How in the world are 18 year old episodes still so funny?

Attached: MV5BOGE2YWUzMDItNTg2Ny00NTUzLTlmZGYtNWMyNzVjMjQ3MThkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1471, 108.31K)

>Something that was funny once is funny
What argument are you trying to make?

The World of Warcraft episode is still amazing. Most of SP has aged like fine wine. No idea how.

Comedy ages horribly for the most part.

Not really.

Lol no it doesn't you fucking zoom zoomer. Comedy done right is literally ageless. Look at chaplin.

So, so wrong.

Rick and morty made audience pussies

Not really. Comedy that touches on the human condition is timeless.

Thanks user, now I'm laughing imagining some retard laughing his ass off at Charlie Chaplin misplacing his hat

They used current events as framing devices for universal jokes, rather than being the joke

The first four seasons were the best, before Matt & Trey took themselves too seriously with their "witty" political commentary & Oscar-baiting.

Now there’s only one more person I can’t trust, MYSELF.

Because they didn't deliberately date the series by making every episode a desperate scrabble to pathetically latch on to whatever current events bandwagon the world stopped giving a shit about a week ago.
That's not to say current events weren't brought up, but it wasn't remotely the focus.

Was thinking about this the other day and the uncle fucker song in the movie

Lmao this actually made me laugh too

Because everything is cyclical and none of our modern problems are actually new.
The "Millenials Against Canada" reveal was the most kino moment South Park has had in years and it highlights this exactly.
Its all the same shit, different day.

Seasons 1-3 = Good, but still finding its identity and is caught between two eras

Seasons 4-10 = Golden age, nearly every episode is great

Seasons 11-14 = Still consistently good, but cracks showing

Seasons 15-19 = Noticeable decline

Seasons 20-Present = Collapse

Correct.

3 stooges

no, only topical comedy, quality comedy with people relating to other people is timeless

Attached: 1525407902562.jpg (1440x1080, 209.62K)

i disagree
4-8: the golden age
9-10: good but the cracks were showing
11-12: significant decline
24-paramount movies: ok to decent (at least compared to what came before)

>11-12
11-23*