A Nightmare on Elm Street

I've watched the first and second ones. It's okay so far, but I've heard that a lot of the other movies are shit. So which movies of the franchise does Any Forums recommend?

Attached: 925full-freddy-krueger.jpg (925x1000, 59.36K)

3 and 4 are also good

The third one is the best, second is nearly the worst, then the rest are all terrible (but still fun)

New Nightmare is the best after the first one

Freddy is a flaming homo

1>3>New Nightmare>4>2>FvJ>5>6>>>Remake

>Freddy is a flaming homo

Attached: image.png (400x493, 243.47K)

2 is the best and I'm tired of pretending it's not

unironically based. watch picrel if you haven't already.

Attached: screamqueen.jpg (679x1000, 130.77K)

They’re all worth watching except part 6 and the remake. It’s by far the most competent and creative slasher franchise overall

I think we all learned something about you today, user

3 is kino. It's get a bit sillier but still retains coherence and feels like an actual movie. A little goofier, but still a solid movie in it's own right, really entertaining. People will try to tell you New Nightmare (which is when Wes Craven returned to direct an entry in the series) is great but I think it's really overrated and kinda boring.

Elm Streets 4, 5 and 6 get increasingly goofy, but are really entertaining. I wouldn't call any of them "good" movies unlike Part 3 which was goofy but still good, but if you're in the mood for whacky silly slashers they wont bore you.

Freddy vs Jason is absolute kino, must watch. The remake was dog shit.

Also Elm Street 2 is often regarded as the worst entry in the series. If you're already suffered through that it's all uphill from here, no matter which sequel you jump into (except for maybe the remake).

3 is bad, even the cameras they used are bad the movie looks like shit and it's poorly written. The only good thing in the movie is Patricia Arquette and the soundtrack.

Attached: d681adb20da2d85834ccd29c2ef44f93.jpg (720x719, 46.95K)

lots of conficting opinions itt. ymmv on each film, but overall the worst offenders seem to be part 5 and the remake

awesome thanks

3 is worth it for the creative kills, some really gruesome stuff in there. Particularly the marionette scene, still makes me shudder.

1>3>New Nightmare>4>2>Freddy Vs Jason>5>6

samefag

>fvj that low
Faggot.

Just a discerning individual, fucking your mom

retarded also, makes sense.

You still understand that it was even more gay than the actually gay Freddy 2

"Fucking remake! Stop trying to make my quip-ass meme villain scary for a change!"

Attached: 1625481781331.jpg (1920x1080, 107.15K)

Has anyone watched that 6 hour retrospective on Shudder? Is it worth a look?

>I know you are but what am I logic
Okay faggot.

If you mean the same long ass feature on the blu-ray collection, then yes

I didn't hate the remake and thought JEH did just fine but Englund is too iconic, it will never work. Quentin is cool tho.

Attached: qsdbd.jpg (651x799, 122.93K)

The first two are good horror movies the rest become more schlocky but are a good watch if you want some dumb horror fun to watch. I say watch them all you will find ones you like ones you are meh on but none are horrible.

Pretty nice trips for a latent homosexual

2 is shit and didn't scare me but made me feel uneasy with all the gay overtones and closet faggot shit. It makes the remake look like a goddamn masterpiece.

>freddy makeup is cgi and looks like shit
>simple convincing effects in the og are recreated ps2 tier cgi
>copies so many scenes from the original why even bother
>rooney mara and her boyfriend are charisma vacuums
>they spend half of the movie on a ponit of intrigue of freddy being innocent the entire time...but then it turns out he wasn't...making that entire plot thread completely fucking pointless
Low IQ subhuman monkey, only retards like the remake.

the faggot shit is the draw, brother

It was all worth it for the pool party massacre tbqh

3rd is best,

Attached: PrimeTime.gif (857x439, 1.66M)

Kincaid wasn't no jive ass turkey

I said "tried", homo. Like Scream, the whole thing is unscary quipshit that was already tired by the second movie. Millennials like this shit because it made them poop their diapers when mommy and daddy rented it at Blockbuster.

>I said "tried", homo
Trying doesn't excuse it from being a boring, shit, SHIT movie retard. You're the one who threw a temper tantrum at someone listing the remake as the worst movie of the series, which it definitively is.

confirm Freddy vs Jason as absolute slash masterpiece
fucking incredible.

is free on tubi right now

Attached: klll.png (1239x565, 1.4M)

freddy vs jason is the highest budget most polished best looking movie of both franchises.

freddy vs jasons final fight was incredible

Attached: Eating-Out.jpg (650x491, 94.61K)