Antagonist only seen once during an establishing flashback, never again

>antagonist only seen once during an establishing flashback, never again
>none of the characters encounter him throughout the entire story
>the one deleted scene where he was supposed to appear during a climactic moment was scrapped at the last minute

How did they pull it off?

Attached: the-lord-of-the-rings-sauron.jpg (768x432, 62.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NLhypaRifcE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

guess THE EYE was enough

Why does every story need a conventional villain?

And Saruman and the black haired guy (I've been told I look like him so now I like him)

Mystery is more intimidating

If you've seen the deleted scene you'd know why. The final fight in front of the black gate was with Saurons angelic form but it looks so fucking gay Jesus Christ. They already filmed the fight scene, we're so embarrassed by how Sauron turned out they CG'd a troll in its place.

>we need to go on this quest to prevent Sauron from obtaining the ring and achieving physical form again
>actually hes somehow physical again even without the ring

Nice digits
You got a link?

hownew.ru

Not him so don’t know if he has other versions of the scene but check out 8:45 on from youtube.com/watch?v=AVpFYDDM36I

>How did they pull it off?
They didn't, he was a clear weak point of the movies. The only time you felt his imposing presence on the story or characters is during the prologue.
Jackson, in his infinite wisdom, deciding to turn him into a literal fucking eye like a lighthouse beacon made him a complete meme

He has even less presence in the books you retarded nigger.

the real enemy was the friends they made along the way

kek

I think it was Aussie actor Bruce Spence playing him. It was just weird.

>Amazonshills complaining again

The entire point of the movie is that if the baddies get the ring, Sauron comes back.
They're expressly trying to avoid that.
If Sauron appears in physical form, they've lost.

He plays the mouth of sauron no?

>WW2
>protagonists never meet Hitler
wtf?

Jackson was right in that an Aragorn vs Sauron fight would be dumb and only detract from Frodo and the ring. The battle at the black gate was meant to be a suicidal distraction, not some epic 1v1 showdown.

He already had a physical form the whole time. He just had the majority of his magic powers stored in the ring.

No,.in the books you can feel his presence throughout pretty much the entire story. It's like a darkness that has seeped and is still seeping into every corner of middle earth
I'm the movies he's reduced to just communicating to Frodo/Aragorn via middle earth tick tock and hovering above Barad-dur doing practically nothing else, even though the eye likely represented a different entity to Sauron (like the mouth) because Jackson doesn't know how to do subtlety

I have a feeling that post-LOTR Jackson would have included it

>achieving physical form again
LotR was never about that. It's established that Sauran has a body during the story.

That actually is really interesting, I knew that they replaced Sauron with the troll but didn't know about the whole "angelic form" thing or any of that. I'm glad they went with what they did.

Judging by the Hobbit movies, and the Lovely Bones, yeah.
LotR was well made, but there was a lot of ad-hoc figure-it-out-as-we-go sort of process to it, and I feel it's up to sheer luck that so much of it worked as well as it did.

I saw a post on here one time that remarked something alone the lines of
>The Jackson films being as good as they are is God rewarding Tolkien for being so devout

He shows up in angelic form for a second before turning into the armor which aragorn fights, the angelic form is really just a cameo and would've gone over most moviegoers heads who weren't aware of sauron's entire backstory, which outside of the fight being terrible could've also been a reason for it being cut.

>antagonist is a mostly disembodied spiritual being
>not really shown
gee, I wonder why

>h-how can I be evil when you can't see me, goy??
jews are still sweating bullets over LOTR
don't worry, you get to tarnish it further soon

Attached: 343.jpg (596x628, 43.55K)

it feels good to listen to a director that knows what he is talking about. he seems to really care about these movies, and there's more heart and soul in this fat kiwi than anything amazon could produce.

Hmmm no, actually it was pretty based.

Jackson is a hack who took the eye analogy literally
The eye never referred to a physical eye

Sauron can be done right. they did a good job in the Hobbit, he appears at 3:40
youtu.be/NLhypaRifcE

So Sauron's final form was Sephiroth?

Oh please, I'm re-reading the books now and I'm halfway through TTT. There hasn't been a single sentence that explicitly states that Sauron is doing anything. It's just mostly the fellowship making comments like "Sauron doesnt know where the ring is and that makes him worry, he assumes its with Aragorn, or that they'll try to make for Minas Tirith" or whatever.

Sauron not being a generic heavy somehow constantly chasing them like this is REvil 3 is exactly what makes him so imposing. Everything they encounter are people/entities trying to curry favor with a malevolent power in a fasutian fashion to reinforce his analogy to Lucifer or Baby Lucifer if you want to be pedantic and start "AKSHUALLY"ing about Morgoth.

I can't see it

The way I understood it, the fight was against OG Sauron like he looks in the prologue. He only appeared angelic form as an introduction to appear friendly toward Aragorn and his allies.
To me the most interesting part in all of this is is the implication that for the longest time, probably around a decade while they were in writing, pre-production, production etc. this was the planned ending battle scene for Aragorn, and only in post-production did they realize that it was a bad fucking idea.