Whats this about

Whats this about

Attached: p451029_b_h9_aa.jpg (1440x1080, 325.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0mRijpbVtVA
youtube.com/watch?v=0xvOYzUblZs
youtube.com/watch?v=INiLyUnYONE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

About 20.1797 u.

Jews and the rebirth of Adam Kadmon

In short - accepting to love yourself despite your flaws.

Attached: anonn.jpg (924x571, 80.96K)

Vaginas

nothing tops Rebuild 4

EVERYTHING IN NGL ANSWERED:
>What are the angels?
The primogenitor of Adam, one of the seeds of life set out into space by the First Ancestral Race (FAR)
>What are the FAR?
Ancient ayys who have since ascended to a higher plain of existence. They sent out moon-sized "egg" ships with a primogenitor organism inside of it to cultivate life on other worlds. The rule was 2 eggs couldn't exist on the same world as it their genetic material combining would fuck up all of reality.
>What's Adam?
The original/intended primogenitor organism for Earth. It had the "Fruit of Life" which meant supreme physical size/power but low intellect. Landed billions of years ago and started to grow life resembling angels.
>What was 1st impact?
Due to some sort of malfunction, Lilith's egg accidentally crashing into the earth. It created the moon from the debris. Happened long before the dinosaurs. Lilith's egg-shipped was so damaged that its control AI/mechanism (the lance of longinus) was destroyed. To prevent 2 seeds from co-existing on the earth, the control lance of longinus on adam's ship put it and its children (angels) into suspended animation to solve the problem. Thus Lilith's offspring inherited the earth by a fluke.

>What was SEELE?
a secret illuminati that has been controlling the earth for millennia, their goal was to elevate humanity into its highest possible form. The cult began sometime in ancient times when humans discovered Lilith buried underground (SEELE took her mask as their symbol). However Lilith’s control manual (dead sea scrolls) Were destroyed, so they had no idea what it was beyond a superior lifeform. NERV is their proxy agency.

Kids in giant robots fight giant monsters for a sussy organisation. Every single character has at least one mental problem.

being ok with who you are

sexy teens and incredible biblical imagery

I KNOW
I KNOW I'VE LET YOU DOWN

It’s about christianity but they deny it because it would be offensive in japan

I watched it recently, its literally just a robot fighting shounen. Nothing special

>What was 2nd Impact
After finding the dead sea scrolls (in truth an alien operation manual for how the egg-ships worked, made easy to read for other races by the FAR) they decided this was the best way to achieve their goal. They were able to track down Adam's resting place in Antarctica and sent a ignorant research team about discovering new alien life when SEELE/inner circle members like Gendo/Yui knew what it already was. Gendo/Yui set up the expedition then left.
When Adam woke up he was made that Someone in the expedition (implied to be the guy that Kwarou’s body is from) sacrificed themselves by plunging into Adam with the lance of longinus, putting it back into suspended and stopping the process halfway. However, it fucked up the earth greatly and also had the result of waking up the angels, who would take years to rise as they’re big dumb slow monsters

>What is the purposed 3rd Impact/Human Instrumentality Project?
Depends on the faction. The Angels wanted to meet Adam (who they thought was under Tokyo when it was actually Lilith, Angels are stupid) and begin his process of wiping out all human life so they could inherit the Earth. Gendo wanted to use it to fuse with Yui inside Unit 01 for eternity (who knows what happened to the rest of the world). SEELE wanted to use it to have all human souls “power” the mass-produced evas, each of which would be controlled by one of their members (Mass produced Evas = same number of SEELE members) that would transform them into god-like beings and the pinnacle of human existence.

>What actually happened with 3rd Impact at the end?
Rei (a clone of Lilith/Yui, more on that later) ended up defying Gendo’s orders and initiating her own version, which is all human souls combining into 1 to eliminate insecurities and negative emotions. People who still want to truly experience bonds while also being separate beings capable of feeling rejected could break out of it if they wanted (As seen with Shinji and Asuka)

the aesthetic is pre-apocalypse with insectoid mechs - well, insectoid and referencing various religious symbols and deities. then christianity gets slapped onto the narrative without care for coherence. then the apocalypse happens and the protagonist doesn't help stop it. the showrunner tries to go tarkovsky on the viewerbase but ends up being so obtuse - because, again, he just apes random narratives without attempting to understand them (hint: the fucking title of the show) - that no one gets it. so he makes a masterful movie depicting the last couple episodes (great action!) and then regurgitates it since the show became a cash cow in the process.

>What is Rei
A clone of Yui with the soul of Lilith implanted into it. A creation of Gendo to both achieve his ends and cope with losing Yui. There were 3 clones as they kept dying. The 1st was strangled to death by Gendo’s lover Dr. Naoko Akagi after it insulted her (the spiteful side of Yui becoming bitchy at seeing Gendo with another woman) and its soul was put into Unit 00 ( why when Unit 00 went berserk it went after Dr. Akagi’s daughter Ritsuko). Rei-2 is the version we see throughout the series, it gets killed by Armisael. Rei-3 is a new clone made after that. Each version of Rei has the “Lilith” inside her take over more

>What was Kawrou?
A physical clone of a researcher from the 2nd Impact expedition who fused with Adam while trying to stop it (name unknown). The soul of Adam was inserted into him by SEELE as a way to potentially combat Rei/Lilith if Gendo went rogue. After Gendo stops cooperating with SEELE they send Kawrou to initiate 3rd Impact, hoping that Kawrou would be tricked and not realize it’s Adam’s body underneath NERV but Lilith. When Kawrou realizes this he realizes hes been played and lets Shinji kill him. After his death SEELE no longer has any options but to attack NERV directly to do what they wanted

>What’s the deal with Shinji’s mom?
Yui was the driving antagonist of the series and probably a sociopathic manipulator who loved Shinji but nobody else. Her goal was to apparently initiate Rei’s version of 3rd Impact, while also keeping herself inside Unit 01 as a reminder to the physical universe that mankind ever existed. She fully manipulated Gendo throughout all of it and set up Shinji as a sacrificial lamb. She intentionally initiated her “Accident” that had her combine with Unit 01 for the purpose of achieving her goals. At the end of the series she floats through the void of space inside Unit 01 for all eternity. As for her origins, all that is known is that she was a daughter of a SEELE member.

>Christianity
Retard

>What’s the deal with Asuka’s mom?
She was a researcher at NERV who tried to repeat the “accident” that Yui had just gone through. Hers also went wrong, except rather than disappearing fully into Unit 02 only her matronly side did and she went insane. She eventually hung herself with a doll she played with, but her loving side still existed in Unit 02 (which Asuka discovers in EoE).

>What happened to Kaji?
Killed by either SEELE or NERV goons for being a triple agent. It’s not relevant who and it’s not a named character

>Why did Aoba see little naked Rei’s instead of a loved one like everyone else during Instrumentality?
This is the default version of what you say if you really weren’t connected to anyone truly. He lived an empty life and kept others at a distance.

>What was the deal with the SEELE leader? Why was he a robot?
He was an ancient being kept alive through advanced cybernetics, when he got tang’d it revealed his non-organic parts

>What was that thing in Gendo’s hand?
The devolved physical form of Adam that Kaji was able to steal from SEELE. He implanted it into himself to combine himself with Rei and initiate his version of 3rd Impact.

>What did Gendo say to Ritsuko Akagi before shooting her
“I needed you”, same thing the ghost of Ritsuko writes on the laptop of maya before tanging her.

>What happened to Gendo at the end?
For abusing Shinji and being a cunt, Yui/Rei/Lilith “condemned him to mu” (nothingness). He is the only person who doesn’t turn into tang/get elevated into the soul merger.

It's about being willing to form connections with other people despite it causing pain too

For me, it's about masturbating on unconscious girls.

>What’s the chamber of Guf they talk about?
The alternate dimension created by the FAR where all potential souls exist. Every person to live/ever has lived/ever will live has their soul come from there. The FAR reincarnated themselves into the chamber to be reborn as lesser organism, having experienced all life had to offer as superior lifeforms. Rei-3 opens it at the end of EoE to combine all human souls that have since died into the soul merger (why people like Kaji and Misato are inside the soul merger).

>What was with Shinji’s crazy mindfuck in EoE?
Him inside Instrumentality, he eventually snaps at his vision of Asuka and loses himself in depression for a bit before coming to the same realization at the end of 25/26 and resulting in him breaking out of the soul merger

>What was the deal with the ending of EoE?
After Shinji breaks out of Instrumentality he’s alone on Earth for a very long time (Eva pilots age slowly and he had a sea of LCL to live off of). Eventually Asuka breaks out too and he’s so crazy from his experiences and isolation he thinks he’s hallucinating. He tries to strangle Asuka to see if he’s really still inside instrumentality, as inside instrumentality nobody reacts unexpectedly to you no matter what you do. Inside of just laying there like a dead fish like the first time he strangled Asuka she reacts in an unexpected manner, and Shinji realizes she’s real and breaks down and cries. Asuka remembers Shinji fapping to him and says it was gross.

>What was the deal with episodes 25/26 of the anime?
It’s basically Shinji inside instrumentality coming to the conclusion that bonds are worth it even if you experience hardships (see the ultimate message answer below). He is congratulated by the “perfect” reality inside Instrumentality for reaching this epiphany.

Couldn't give less of a fuck, I still watch Serial Experiments Lain as a show about a girl using computers. Japs shouldn't be allowed to write complex storylines.

see and

>Which ending really happened? EoE or episodes 25/26?
Generally, it’s accepted EoE is what happened in the real world while episodes 25/26 were inside the various characters heads while they were in Instrumentality. Why Anno did the original ending is still a matter of debate, from his depression to hating the fans to running out of animation money/time to just not caring about the giant robot action anymore.

>What is the ultimate message of Eva?
Human interactions were worth it, even if you experience pain along the way. That’s it.

>What was with the Christian imagery?
Looked cool

>UMMM ACKSUALLY ITS ABOUT BALLALALALAH
stfu weeb

It's about Judaism, dumbass.

Coming of age but it's weird because the whole story is built with Christianity as the center of the story. Japan religion is Shinto.

Attached: Screenshot_20210608_013619.png (827x567, 527.78K)

The characters

it's not even about Judaism it's about ayyys
there's no theological foundation to anything that occurs within Evangelion, watch the Rebuilds

>rebuilds
Pleb

Look up Kabbalah and Adam Kadmon you absolute fucking dimwit.

>dude just read the ps2 games manual!
I love NGE and enjoy the lore, but that shit still annoys me

user I...

Attached: Screenshot_20210615_225730.png (950x712, 1.06M)

Pilots = emotionally volatile 14-year-olds, everyone from 10yo to older can relate to them
Evas = manifestations of the rage within the 14yos
Adults = people trying to wrangle the 14yos into adulthood
Seele = people trying to control and repress the 14yos

Attached: shinjimug.jpg (335x378, 17.26K)

The show was finally released on blur ray again and its the Netflix dub....fuck me right?

The friends we made along the way.

A kid is given pussy on a platter and the chance to fly cool robots, but get this, he's gay and depressed.

haha good one

I've watched it twice in Japanese with subs and three times with the Netflix dub.
Normally I prefer subs, but dubs are superior for Evangelion because there is often more than one thing going on in the sonic background. It's important to catch all the words being spoken, even when they're being spoken at the same time. Subs just don't cut it, it's impossible to read them fast enough.
And the Netflix dub is the best.
Just sayin

>watch the Rebuilds
They're shit though

having a hot redheaded waifu

If you shell out some extra cash, you can buy the collectors edition and get the old dub too

>having a hot redheaded waifu

Attached: Screenshot_20210608_040336.png (952x710, 695.88K)

where the fuck is any of this revealed

In user's fever dreams

Humanity's last hope is a boy who doesn't like humanity at all

Gay shit

yes

Attached: 1619480808190.jpg (560x577, 49.04K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0mRijpbVtVA

This is beyond retarded, if it's the canon lore. I was more than satisfied with the psychological, cerebral plot.

All this elaborate lore that fills in needless details completely kills the show. The best example of why you should just watch something and take whatever you can from it, ignoring the online fan base.

Nothing in particular, anno just wanted to make a mecha series as a homage to ultraman with cool visuals but retards kept parroting the 2deep4u meme and shitflinging over waifus so he said fuck you and crashed the series with no survivors.

Attached: 1641582812712.png (598x394, 265.63K)

That's pretty much how it went. What a hack.

>shitting on your autistic fanbase
Seems pretty based to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=0xvOYzUblZs
youtube.com/watch?v=INiLyUnYONE

In supplemental material, like the fucking game manual for the play station game

Attached: 1638578197824s.jpg (125x125, 2.79K)

Nowhere because its bullshit.
Stop abusing these poor Any Forums folk with your manufactured lore.

Attached: 1620409569688.jpg (1029x1182, 211.86K)

Spoilers for 3.0+1.0
bros I can't help but love this movie, the beach scene was perfect.

Attached: bravo anno.png (1280x544, 421.78K)

>Generally, it’s accepted EoE is what happened in the real world while episodes 25/26 were inside the various characters heads while they were in Instrumentality.
Wrong, two separate AUs, two different conclusions.

I hated it, but EoE is my favorite movie. Anything following that was just unrealistic for my expectations

Why did anno place Shinji with worst girl? Was he trolling his fans

nothing and everything all at once

Apparently Mari is a stand-in for his wife. Regardless of that, it makes sense to some degree, since she's the most removed from Eva as a franchise on account of her not being in NGE. And being a completely static character kek

why does this series make Any Forums users short circuit in anger?

Because she's not Asuka or Rei.

unironically its about being lonely and horny

aliens trying to destroy humanity.....and incest.

Goth asuka is my kryptonite

Nice thumbnail

It's about how people deal, or don't deal, with loss, under the guise of a godzilla style tokusatsu show.

Isnt that supposedly the Rebuild theme? I dont think that really applies to NGE

This
basically don't be an autist and open up to people even if they hurt you. or transcend it all and be an omega. or be part of the elite and plot to end the world.
just b urself.

>not even adv
kys

>After finding the dead sea scrolls (in truth an alien operation manual for how the egg-ships worked
>Adam's resting place
Isn't NGE essentially an atheistic show? why do atheistic shows pillage the Church for all their window-dressing? it's a tacit acknowledgement of the allure of an institution that has survived some 2000 years; admit it, atheism is culturally dead and Christianity is not. It flourishes with an artistic history that rivals any in history.

>sussy
you should kill yourself... NOW!!

Attached: e02.jpg (320x320, 21.69K)

it's using occult kabbalah and gnosticism symbolism
and japs just put that stuff in games because it's exotic and cool, they have their own cultural spiritual legacy in shinto-buddhist ritual and imagery

Surface level its about teens fighting giant monsters but underneath its existentialism

Misato and Shinji belong together as they are the best couple!!! !!!!FACT!!!!

Attached: 94744186_p24_master1200.jpg (900x1200, 453.65K)

there are not enough doujins in the world
to do justice to how right you are

based take

>Isn't NGE essentially an atheistic show?
How do you figure? Obviously a lot of the religious stuff is just there because it looks cool and unique to nip audiences, but calling it atheistic seems wrong

Attached: esplaineoe.jpg (4099x1171, 645.73K)

Its really about how much Anno hates otakus (and himself for being an otaku).

>watch the reboots they made to cater to normie brainlets who got frustrated and confused thinking about the original

this is just a meme peddled by people who want to seem smart and/or are incapable of seeing any nuance in anything

Giant fighting robots and wanting to fuck your mother

Finally, fellow men of good taste on this godforsaken board

Attached: 94744186_p38.jpg (2048x2732, 1.06M)

There's a nice Misato/Shinji story on fanfiction.net but it gets kind of sad.

Attached: misato-shinji.png (533x411, 384.61K)

If you want a happy fic, I found 4:
>Thirteen by Fifth Horseman
>Letters by Fifth Horseman
>Together Once More by Band of Cobras
>Misato's Second Childhood by Gunman (or the remastered edition by Hiten Mitsurugi Battosai

Attached: 94744186_p23_master1200.jpg (1200x900, 206.74K)

Two cute gay boys

Attached: 0d51b1f0589b8019bd0036b91e8c4961.jpg (1200x800, 632.23K)

death to homosexual kafir

Attached: 94744186_p19_master1200.jpg (1097x1200, 372.43K)

Thanks fren

Attached: misato-steel-reserve.jpg (1440x1080, 171.05K)

Asuka sitting on my face

>absolute shit tier lore even Philip Dick would find nonsensical slapped-together garbage

Attached: 1531637502474.jpg (700x714, 84.16K)

Personally, I like the lore. It's just the fact that it all had to be given in post-show material that makes it bull shit

anytime brother
also, nice dubs

Attached: flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg (750x1000, 95.51K)

dubs confirm your wish will come true
in about 30 years lelelel

*shitting

>even Philip Dick would find nonsensical slapped-together garbage
Don’t tell lies user, if Dick had written a few more stories he would’ve eventually written evangelion

A depressed Jap man thinks he is smarter than he really is by making a series that subverts user expectations but is too incompetent to budget the series properly and completely shits the bed by running out of money and having to make the last two episodes be a slide show.

only better

Basically Gendo trying to get his teenage son to bang a teenage clone of his mother.

EoE is peak kino. I've told my friends its my favorite movie, but have turned down all invitations to watch it with them. I've told them all I'll watch it with them if they finish the original series, but so far none have.

Attached: 1618768119688.jpg (1280x720, 38.96K)

>hey user
>what's your favorite fucking movie out of all movies
>it's this obscure weeb shit
dude for real
my favorite movie is Contact

Attached: 1yike.png (3840x2160, 368.31K)

That sucks man, my best friend likes Eva too, so I'm lucky there. EoE's one flaw is that you have to watch an the series before seeing it, but that's also something that serves to elevate it

Sounds like a based dad?

Attached: Spear_of_Longinus.webm (720x540, 2.96M)

The musical segments in NGE are pure kino

death > eoe

>obscure
lol

Drama series about masculine self-worth and forming meaningful relationships with other people. Does so via giant robots fighting aliens with a shitton of Christian and Kabbalic imagery involved, mainly because Kabbalah is cool.

EoE is roughly as obscure as Wrath of Khan.

Attached: 1597807060499.jpg (500x500, 91.23K)

>Whats this about
Stop being a neet
Stop focusing escapism and focus in real life instead
Don't fuck crazy bitches and your mom's literally clones
Put your life together, get a fucking job and get yourself a big titties mommy girlfriend

That's what Evangelion really is about in the end, to tell people to stop being such fucking creep Otakus.

Attached: 20220130_023348.jpg (1440x1145, 299.35K)

I hate this interpretation. Makes it sound like Projection: The Anime

bunch of autistic kids pilot mechas against weird aliens
there is also a sub theme of mental illness and government subterfuge

nah there is shit in end of eva that is definitely addressing that section of the audience, of course there is a lot else going on too but you can't deny some of the meta commentary.

best girl

Attached: b26.jpg (500x750, 44.44K)

kino

parenting

>I've told them all I'll watch it with them if they finish the original series, but so far none have.
I've done this with a friend actually, but we ended up arguing. I told him there is a bunch of crosses and religion imagery, but it doesn't mean anything other than looking cool, hoping he'd instead focus on everything else going on in the show. Instead he took that if the crosses meant nothing then why bother with everything else, we watched every episode together and EoE, he enjoyed parts of it but when we finished he was pissed off since all he saw in EoE was the stuff I told him that didn't matter.

Attached: cheeffag when someone likes Halo2.png (254x400, 68.27K)