Dixie -southern usa and friends

are these threads seriously dying? its mid day
edition

Attached: 1565485134015.jpg (500x405, 41.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MxIz9djtw80
youtu.be/B4alkyGaYow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHERE THE FUCK IS EVERYBODY

Leave dixie to me

didn't feel like making a thread

I have been to a few southern states. Here are my thoughts.

>The food
you guys know how to make good food. I put on a few kilos but god damn it was worth it. Every bite was a blessing from god. I loved it. To this day I dream about those soul ribs.

>the people
In general everyone was very polite. However they werent so helpful. It wasnt prejudice, it was more like you were expected to take care of yourself and solve your own problems. other than that they were dressed appropriately and noone smelled or had bad breath.

> language
I did have a hard time understanding the accents. It was a bit of a shock to me how "thick" it could be, especially from black people (no racism intended)

> music
excellent, a bit honky tonky sometimes, but overall very soulfoul and moving. the south has an obvious talent for this

> culture
although there were lots of things to see and learn about, this one shocked me the most. I had a lot of biases going in, but the south really is a melting pot of ideas and innovation. it was far, far from the hillbilly meme, surprisingly sophisticated, if a bit old fashioned and conservative

Attached: 1643380261485s.jpg (125x92, 2.08K)

Thanks, I haven't been to Norway

Attached: 1499649627178.png (532x611, 334.27K)

I think the big disagreement I have with the south is the politics on economics and government. Dont get me wrong, I'm not a communist, but I do believe people need an active state.

L'Etat c'est moi

Attached: 1514449549036.png (3040x2960, 112.58K)

the southern concept of confederacy descends from the founding fathers original wish to have the alliance of states act as a check and balance against the federal government, by specifically stating in the US constitution that any power not specifically attributed to the federal gov would be powers that the states would determine for themselves instead
so in essence this is a division of power over regions, who then in turn keep eachother in check, and also have their own laws according to their values and culture
this changed when the civil war consolidated all power in washington DC
any active state on a long enough timeline will slowly gain tyrannical traits

Tyranny is fine if I like the tyrant.

Attached: 1e32faad-9f6a-482a-97be-897024b667da.jpg (600x600, 32.43K)

the fuck your hinga dinga durgen ass want

An active state

>be yank
>go down south
>jacksons in the valley in front of u
>turn around
>hes behind you
>turn around again
>hes in front again
youtu.be/MxIz9djtw80

Attached: 1515869044389.png (451x450, 356.99K)

just striking up a conversation sir

I'm sorry I just liked that meme

youtu.be/B4alkyGaYow

dont worry, hes diagnosed aspergers

Is this the Varangian guard I've heard so much about

I forgot to tell, I had a dream that I was with the family on holidays somewhere in the mountains, I got drunk and somehow managed to enter a commercial line plane as the pilot, flew the thing into some monument in between mountains, I was the only one who survived, run out the plane, spotted a brown bear, scared it away, people found me, I was about to go to jail for causing the crash and piloting the plane without licence, woke up.
Still shaken up from the vision of going to jail

aaaaaa I want to generate rig using the rigify horse rig and I don't know why it doesn't work

made a proper /dixie/ as I didn't see one
NEEDED to complain about how I think my job is killing me and I have no energy for the gym or studying after work

maybe your job is trying to tell you something.
Maybe it's a metaphor about how killing other people isn't nice