Why does the US trade so much with China?

Why does the US trade so much with China?

Attached: MW-HI924_us_chi_20190506112401_NS.jpg (640x647, 153.18K)

the western world should just stop importing from china and start producing in the west

there'll be an economic shock at first, prices would rise, but ultimately so would wages, and it would also completely starve China's economy

China's export per year is $2.8T+.

Attached: 263661.png (1000x743, 55.84K)

i dont bloody think thats carbon neutral

Good luck convincing Mr Goldbergstein to raise labor costs by 500%.

Only possible with heavy automation which doesn't fix labor problems

because china is a good trade partner for (((america)))

because american CEOs exported all of their production overseas to cheap chinese sweatshop labor

Minimum wage in the US is $7.50 per hour. Average factory wage in China is $5.20. There isn't really that much of a difference anymore. Similar reason why Mexicans have stopped migrating here too.

>average factory worker in Mexico makes $5 per hour
>if they migrated to the US they'd make $7.50 per hour
>But costs of living are only 1/3rd in Mexico what they are in the US
>They effectively make $15 per hour adjusted for costs in Mexico; meaning double what they would have in the US

We'd likely see a 20% cost increase at most, but that would partly be offset by shipping cost and import tariff reductions. I'd rather pay more and have our industries back here desu.

3.360T in 2021

How much factory workers make in the US?

Boycott China in 2020 was a boomer meme and no one took it seriously, China's trade surplus hit all time high with all time high exports

Attached: fvp0ihzemkb81.jpg (828x764, 55.18K)

This would be ideal. My dream is to see China crumble like the Soviet Union or better yet, Yugoslavia.

Too bad 2022 was a fucking RECORD trade surplus for China. Thanks Brandon!

Attached: govijf2o2gk61.png (630x620, 28.82K)

Depends on the local area and the job and the company. Anywhere from 35k to 120k is a reasonable guess.

Gigacringe redditor map always have to show united k-pop korea in this type of fantasy

Attached: IMG_20210909_202820.jpg (496x503, 95.75K)

The boomers in the US are boycotting China successfully. They've stopped buying from China.

Attached: american_boycotting_china.webm (550x550, 3M)

How come Macau isn't free? Are you a commie?

Cope. A united Korea under the ROK is a good thing

I remember when things used to be this way. Consumer electronics were 500% more expensive, but now that think of it as an adult, that's not even a bad thing.

Only due to the pandemic (convenient isn't it).

Also, their exports increased but their dual circulation strategy failed. Consumption isn't increasing, which spells trouble for their ailing economy.

Their economy crashed 94% already.

Attached: china_already_collapsed_bro_they_just_don't_know_about_it_yet.png (1070x860, 504.6K)

lol
just a little bit of shock