ITT tropes

>its gonna be a clipshow episode
>its actually not reused clips and the characters are retelling the stories incorrectly with entirely new jokes and animation

Attached: file.png (670x332, 319.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ClipShow/WesternAnimation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any examples of this?

Only one I can think of is clerks the animated series.

Ed Edd n Eddy.

South Park did it

Attached: 0917824.png (1000x562, 332.18K)

Check the second folder tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ClipShow/WesternAnimation

PowerPuffGurls and EdEddEddy.

>bodyswap episode
>voices don't change

Attached: e058d75b32a3a6bba983ca95a2c8e63f.jpg (1000x563, 71.87K)

>bodyswap episode
>voices DO change
i wish i could give examples but the only one i remember rn is illegal horse

Attached: big purple fatass.png (185x179, 53.06K)

Clipshows seem like a good way to give fan service, but not dedicate whole episodes to just one thing at a time.

thats what it should be, but usually, esp in older cartoons with less budget, its just an excuse to have the character reminisce about stuff that happened and show clips from older episodes

>It's a battle of the sexes episode
The boys start acting uncharacteristically misogynistic, challenge the girls to something, get their asses handed to them and get humiliated.

I want these episodes to die in a fire. But I must ask, why does it never go the other way around? I've never seen one of these where the guys comes out on top.

Attached: 86636_030.jpg (320x240, 83.5K)

nerd character: all we gotta do is analyze the singularity with the math and shitfuck the flux capacitors into newton's fourth law of gravity so we can put our tits into super pi drive
everyone else: uhhh, in english, einstein!
nerd: ugh fine, we gotta do the thing!

even worse version of this trope
-jock: what?
nerd: its like when you uhhh ball the football and play the basketball
jock: oooooh now i get it

Attached: file.png (1600x1200, 1.54M)

>why does it never go the other way around?
ill answer your question, as long as you answer me this- how long have you lived under that rock? is it comfortable?

no one will ever do 'actually the boys win' never ever unless its to subvert the trope, and even then itll get old after one time, because the trope itself only exists as a "subversion" of the kinda sexism that wasnt even around anymore when it started being used

Your explanation is a hundred times funnier than that joke will ever be

Codename Kids Next Door

>How long have you lived under that rock? is it comfortable?
Yeah it's fine. A bit small but rent is cheap, it has AC and I get surprisingly good wi-fi.

It just irritates the crap out of me whenever I see it on. I'm not even some sexist that hates seeing women beat men. I'm fine with it when it's done right. But 90% of the time it just feels like they let some batshit feminist turn all the guy characters into strawmen to fuel their own egos.

This is one of the rare instances where TV Tropes is useful

Attached: 0F683C19-6F3A-4F1D-92AC-A379A48DFE44.jpg (3000x2092, 1.45M)

it happens, there was an era where every show needed a sexism plot, even if it made no sense
remember the episode of Hank of the Hill, where Hank refused to hire a woman? even tho he literally has female coworkers, but that episode in partciular wants to pretend he doesn't and that he's some raging miso-genie?

Attached: file.png (720x540, 503.34K)

>when it's done right
thing is, its never gonna be done right in a "boys vs girls" episode because those episodes are trash and inherently exist just to stir up shit
when its gonna be done right, you wont even notice, because itll be an organic fight scene or competition episode, not a "guuuuys we gotta make sure you know this is BOYS vs GIRLS. this has nothing to do with the individual characters power levels, this is representative of one ENTIRE GENDER vs another"

In hindsight I'm surprised it took 7 seasons until Donna debuted (going off the wiki.) I assumed she was around a lot sooner. I never paid attention to any of the other women at Strickland most of the time.

Attached: lucky's wedding suit.png (627x392, 346.47K)

Victorious had that happen.

Attached: Cell Block.png (1524x881, 2.31M)