Why don't American cartoons show people smoking anymore?

Why don't American cartoons show people smoking anymore?

Attached: 1635587503941.png (1594x869, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Loud house is gonna have the sexy sister vape in the next season

Same reason American cartoons don't show guns anymore.

smoking's bad, mmkay
guns are good

but censorship is the worst of all. the whole point of fiction is show all the things.

Arcane

Is French

Cartoons for adults have people smoking. Cartoons for kids do not have smoking. Most western cartoons are for kids because they got locked in that stigma for a century. That didn't happen in japan so there are plenty of anime for all ages.

There's also more stigma for smokers in America because they want to reduce how many people die from them. There's fewer smokers in America than in most other developed countries. This is less of a thing in Japan. Even in live action shows smoking in America is seen as this thing people say they used to do but finally quit, or they wish they could quit.

Why would you expect to see more people smoking in cartoons when there aren't even many people smoking in public in America to begin with?

>Cartoons for adults have people smoking.
Name 10 from the last 5 years.
Hard mode: Cigarettes/cigars only, no weed or vaping.

>the whole point of fiction is show all the things.
Sorry user, that's too problematic.

user I can't even name 10 cartoons for adults form the last 5 years. I don't think America even has had 10 cartoons for adults from the last 5 years. The reason you see so little smoking in cartoons is because so few cartoons are for adults. That's the entire point.

How about instead you, you idiot, you name one adult american cartoon that doesn't have a character smoking somewhere.

People don't smoke as much as they used to.

>you name one adult american cartoon that doesn't have a character smoking somewhere.
Lazor Wulf

There are more smokers than there are gay people, yet one of these is far more prevalent in American cartoons than the other.

Smoking hasn't really been considered "cool" in the west for close to a decade, and people show what they think is cool in their art. I don't think there's any issue with censorship here; it's just a natural function of culture shift.

>Cartoons for Adults

Cartoons for Adults are for "Adults" in name only. Most still market for a 13-18 male Audience

I know you're some weirdo with a fetish for women smoking, but unfortunately for you the American view of smokers is pic related. So that's all you'll see in cartoons. After decades of anti-smoking propaganda, and because of the people who keep smoking anyway being ugly, yellow toothed, wrinkly pock skinned, and smelly, it's rare in the US to see smoking associated with a pretty face.

You've seen plenty of people smoking in cartoons but they didn't make you horny so they didn't stand out to you.

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (637x480, 65.09K)

>and people show what they think is cool in their art.
Uhh, but cartoons are FULL of shit that's not cool at all, the hell are you talking about?

And? What's your point?

If a creator thinks something as being not cool then they're probably doing it so they can make a point of telling everyone how that thing is not cool at all which they think is a cool thing for a cartoon to do

Otherwise things are usually pretty cool on some level to the target audience, provided it's not a shit toon

Have Japanese kid's shows had smoking in 20 years? I thought they stopped doing that in the 2000s.

>Otherwise things are usually pretty cool on some level to the target audience
I don't think cartoons have been "cool" to the target audience in almost a decade user.
Unless the target audience is gay white people in their 20s.

Smoking is seen as an ugly and gross thing. So it's always portrayed as ugly and gross and undesirable. You won't see a hot girl smoking as a character trait that often.

Not in America

Stop watching cartoons you hate retard, there's always been at least some cool shit on screen for damn near everyone.

go back

cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/index.htm
>In 2020, nearly 13 of every 100 U.S. adults aged 18 years or older (12.5%) currently* smoked cigarettes. This means an estimated 30.8 million adults in the United States currently smoke cigarettes.
>About 14 of every 100 adult men (14.1%)
>About 11 of every 100 adult women (11.0%)

Name 10 cool cartoons made in the last decade.