Who is your favorite MCU villain?

Who is your favorite MCU villain?
I think for me it's Mysterio.

Attached: mysterio-spider-man-far-from-home-1-1200x675.jpg (1200x675, 105.07K)

I'm just mad that most of these actors didn't get a proper "villain arc" in their movies.

Mads for example.

For me it's Vulture though, followed by Zemo, Hela and Mysterio..

Attached: jbxgf6d7p4q81.jpg (2205x2774, 588.51K)

Ranking them all...

> Kingpin (including netflix appearances)
> Thanos
> Wenwu
> Ego
> Loki
> Zemo (only in civil war)
> Killmonger (only in terms of performance, ignoring the politics/motives)
gap
> Ultron
> Stane
> Aldrich Killian (extremely underrated)
> Belonski (human form)
> YellowJacket (god tier suit, underused the actor)
> Vulture (I wasn't wowed by him like others were)
> Hela (the perfect suit & the actress deserved far better than what we got)
> Red Skull
> Kaecilius
> Ghost
> Whiplash
> Ronan
Large Gap
> Malekith

Fuck, I neglected Netflix's MCU shows.

I change my list to

>Kingpin
>Vulture
>Zemo
>Killmonger
>Hela
>Mysterio

>Man gains mind control powers
>Proceeds to do exactly what anyone who gains the power to control others would do
I can't even be mad at the guy. Where he fucked up was when he became obsessed with "the one that got away" instead of just moving on. Jessica's great and all but she isn't worth that level of drama.

Attached: fa02e581-cea3-44b8-9ce1-10c60a34f121.jpg (1180x842, 125.33K)

The Winter Soldier was a pretty cool villain.
Solid fights, plenty of menace.

Vulture was Keaton's best cape role (including Birdman).
A bit of Bruce, a touch of Beetlejuice, he was great.

What makes Killgrave work for me, personally, is that he had these powers since he was a kid. Of COURSE he would be an entitled manchild, he never had a chance to be anything else. He has never had to consider the wants and whims of others because its all about him, all the time. There was never any incentive for him to develop empathy or think about consequences, he is a superpowered adult with the emotional maturity of a child because he never had to grow up.

Whereas a person who was normal until they were in their 20s and then got given Killgrave's powerset would likely react very differently unless they were already a supreme asshole, since they have had decades of time working with other people as equals as opposed to tools. They'll still go on a power trip, but it would be a very different kind of power trip.

More Bruce Almighty, less super rapey?

>Mysterio
>Villain
Mysterio was a hero murdered in cold blood by that web swinging menace!

What makes Killgrave work is that he's both genuinely scary and fun to watch because of his abilities, coupled with David Tennant's performance and he's the second best villain out of the Netflix shows, possibly even the MCU as a whole

Pretty much. It would be acts of petty revenge, but they would still be afraid of consequences and typically not want to be TOO life ruining in what they do because until very recently this was still they could never imagine getting away with. This might change over time, depending on the person, but they will go from zero to 'I am god, now bow to me!' overnight.

A functioning adult given mind control powers likely starts with petty revenge and exploitation, but can equally up up as either an entitled superbaby or a "finally, time to make the rest of the world act the way I KNOW will be better for everyone!" well-meaning tyrant.

Agreed. Tennant was a slam dunk for the role. The rest of the show had serious flaws (poor and repetitive pacing, Jessica basically has no characterization beyond 'is a detective stereotype', the Nuke storyline adds nothing, etc) but any time Tennant was onscreen you knew you were in for a good time.

Does Netflix still count? Because I liked Typhoid Mary.

Attached: 1644861090490.jpg (640x360, 20.21K)

Most of the villains in the Netflix shows were pretty good, Notwithstanding Defenders and Iron Fist
>Kingpin
>Killgrave
>Cottonmouth
>Bushmaster
>Bullseye

Attached: images.jpg (739x415, 35.89K)

>tfw Typhoid Mary was supposed to be one of the main villains of Daredevil season 4
>Instead we'll probaby just get season three again but worse with Born Again

Say what you will about MCU Spiderman but its villains are consistently great
Pretty much the same as my favorites except for me I'd include Wenwu and Killmonger.

With the way their shows have been going, I'm not excited about anything anymore. They could announce a Blade, Punisher, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Venom and Moon Knight team-up show and my only thought would be "how are they going to fuck this up?"

What's underrated about killian? He was a non-character

>Proceeds to do exactly what anyone who gains the power to control others would do
I hope the FBI agent assigned to you sees this, man.

>I'm just mad that most of these actors didn't get a proper "villain arc" in their movies.
Klaue's death in Black Panther was the wrong move. You could have kept him coming back and Serkis was a fuckin' treat.

He popped up in What If again

I would say MCU Spider-Man is great, (a bit too attached to Tony but that's the entire MCU), the supporting cast is different but fun, and the villains are spectacular.

He could always be brought back as superhuman Klaw by some comic book means or another. He was really underpowered as a human with a gun-arm.

I've actually been liking the D+ shows way more than the movies in Phase 4 (literally the only ones I've liked so far are No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness). They at least feel varied and have more character work than the films.