Moral of the story is “maybe some jews lied”

>moral of the story is “maybe some jews lied”

Attached: EC64EB88-5979-4483-A857-AC462133AC8D.jpg (337x499, 36.02K)

No it isn't you stupid fucking idiot, get some better reading comprehension and pay attention to the themes when you open another book the next decade

>funny joke.
>audience laughs.
>curtain closes.
>Black staff comes in with a broom and works overtime sweeping up popcorn.
>100% critic review on RT.

It's more like
>the holocaust happened
>but most stories about it came from the jewish victims, who act a lot like the stereotypical jew
>the holocaust also caused so much trauma, most cannot function in a normal manner anymore
>worse still, they unwittingly pass their trauma on to their children

Maus is honestly one of the best types of fictional non-fiction I've read about the Holocaust and how one person experienced it, because it doesn't lie about the facts.
The honest depiction of Spiegelman's father as being a terrible person trying to survive a horrible event is something you rarely see.

you are right of course, but you are not giving enough attention to the non-fiction elements. Non Fiction stories have less structure and believability (truth is stranger than fiction) and witnesses in real life are the most unreliable evidence we have from a rigorous evidence based perspective.
MAUS navigates this incredibly well and with extreme nuance and perhaps even guilt that the author could not do the 'story' justice because what happened wasn't a fucking story like he wanted it to be when he started drawing. The break down where his father is crying, the embarrassment the author has over his father's antiquated and stereotyped behavior, how the father tries to give context by relaying rumors and third hand experiences based on his personal relationships and biases that we all have.
The banality of evil that no narrativization could ever properly depict or understand. MAUS moves far beyond both traditional non-fiction and comic books as a medium.

Attached: yagotlynched.jpg (430x610, 76.48K)

Good post.

Attached: ok.jpg (1160x1476, 112.24K)

>Funny joke: Black staff comes in and works overtime

Attached: 4D5B1F32-ACC1-4F40-955D-960FD1CBB19C.jpg (458x482, 56.42K)

>Father is a literal Holocaust survivor
>Hate him for having different opinions on women and blacks
If anything the book is about how liberal Jews are awful people

That's not what the book is about, dumbass

>nnnoooo you can't just hire black people
What did they mean by this?

What happened to half the posts in this thread?

Jannies don't like blatant Holocaust denying posts, I suppose.

Is that not what OP is doing though?

There's a distinct difference between
>the holocaust happened, but maybe not every story told by the victims is perfectly accurate
and
>the holocaust didn't happen at all and all jewish people lied, heil hitler

The moral of the story is that life doesn't have morals.

The moral is "Shit that holocost was kind of fucked up wasn't it? Look how it affects people"

Yeah, but we make our own to make it better.

and the theme of maus is….

>moral of the story is "hitler if he cat"

post too clever for my shitty thread

Did we ever saw cat hitler in the story?

Attached: 3C1853D0-FEBC-4A35-A5BF-C64BD1918231.jpg (2600x2600, 979.68K)

I said “some”, not “all”. I might be a retard but i am not retarded enough to deny the holocaust

Jannies are faggots, what else is new.

my fuhrer

>As the Red Army closes in on the Fuhrenbunker; Hitler prepares his suicide.

Attached: A34E6FC9-3305-42C9-88BD-325187774278.jpg (2350x1230, 214.59K)

moral of the story is that being a victim doesn't make you a good person

My biggest takeaway from the book is that A) the holocaust happened, it was horrible and tragic and B) being a holocaust victim doesn't mean you're a good person, or a bad person, people are more complicated than that and the world is deep in 50 layers of gray irony when it comes to stuff like racism and prejudice. Granted we read it in highschool, maybe I'm forgetting details of the story or didn't get the right points.

My takeaway is that Jews are human too and pull the same kind of shit anyone else does in response to trauma

I think the difference is
>On-Topic: discussing aspects of the Holocaust that were depicted in Maus
>Off-Topic: discussing aspects of the Holocaust NOT depicted in Maus

If you want the latter, then there's another board that might be a better fit for you.