Why can’t western capeshit give us comfy self-insert power fantasies?

This series is about a multiversal level threat reincarnating on earth, getting everyone to fall in love with him, and having cool battles.
Is there any western comic that gives the reader anything like this? Why does it seem like every western comic character is either underpowered or has to represent/protect “the weak”?

Attached: 144361E4-BF59-4B08-8E52-5375533F63DB.jpg (1103x1541, 1.58M)

Because realistically, the self-insert person would go insane.

E.G. Superboy Prime.

Attached: Boy.jpg (1280x720, 138.22K)

Because that's fucking cringe dude

To you sure, but these stories are massive with manga/anime fans. I want to know why there aren’t any being made in the west.

That'd require heroes being happy and that's not allowed. They have to brood or lose loved ones for cheap drama or be sticks in the mud.

Because isekai shit's cringe and redundant. Most capeshit already is self-insert, but not to the banal extent of being
>they're from the real world and everyone loves them apart from the bad guy
With the exception of Gwenpool, which can no longer sustain an ongoing because its a boring gimmick
Also

>Because isekai shit's cringe and redundant.
This may in fact shock you but not all fantasy series are isekai.

OP's just a run of the mill fantasy series.

Isekais are yet another way for chinks to be like white people. It's cheaper than plastic surgery

Oh, i mistook it for all the light novel adaptations. The answer in that case is conflict. Bitches love Peter Parker, but him having things to contend with have made him a compelling character in a memorable franchise for 60 years. If you dumb that down for otaku to project themselves on, all they get is fictional waifus, which many corners of JP entertainment are about. Western shit isn't about that

Just write a Gary Stu fanfic, worm.

I’m not trying to make an Any Forums thread, I’m just curious why this popular type of story has no equal in western comics.b

That doesn't make it a thread about Western comics. Rules are clear.

Because power fantasies are for insecure manchildren who can't put the effort in making their own lives worth living so they grow lazy and project themselves onto fairy tales.

He's explicitly asking about why a trend exists in western comics. Calm your titties.

>Oh, i mistook it for all the light novel adaptations.
It IS a light novel adaptation.

Because at some point the US became obsessed with having all of it's works be taken "seriously" as "real art" and according to them art is angst so you can't have a straightforward power fantasy anymore, you have to slap onto it some bullshit drama, doesn't matter which one you pick so long as it's drama, even if it is in direct conflict with the rest of the plot, doesn't matter if it's just comfy adventures, because that will make you be taken "seriously".

>"No!!! Conflict in story bad!!! Why can't MC snap fingers and become God?!!!"

That anime was fucking shit, OP. Go read something for real men like Berserk.

So why do Asians want to be white?

No, he's asking why its in Any Forums but not Any Forums.
Of course....
>doesn't matter if it's just comfy adventures, because that will make you be taken "seriously".
Unironic midwit. Marketing blurbs aside, having soap opera shit instead of an anime loli harem has always been better and more memorable and was there as a thrust for serialised stories. No one's going to remember anything in the OP pic aside from the anime girls in 5 years. They'll move to equivalent harem shows, or the idol industry or to drama, instead of just engaging in light serial drama from a young age

Skellyman is going onto his fourth season of fucking everybody's shit up while nobody outisde of Any Forums will remember your favorite run of Spider-Man because nobody reads comics anymore.

I dunno, ask an actual asian.

Attached: OverlordIV.jpg (1279x1813, 696.86K)

Before this thread gets pruned, I want to remind everyone the MC in the show is named Anus Voldemort.

>his favorite anime are shitty LN adaptations
Your mother and I are disappointed in you, son.

Frigid Take: Overlord is bad actually and only enjoyed by edgelords.

Spider-Man just had a billion dollar movie, is world famous, and a perennial seller in monthlies, trades and reprints and launched or boosted the careers of many creators. No one's going to buy Overlord guy's next manga because they care about waifus, not story or creators

Has anime gotten so bad that its fans cite fucking Overlord as one of the greats? You couldn't find a better recent anime?

Post your 3x3 then if you're so superior.

>Spider-Man just had a billion dollar movie
Yes, a billion dollar movie, not a billion dollar comic, Marvel and DC exist solely because of their cinematic branches and the occasional video games hits like the recent Spider Man game, meanwhile Overlord is going into it's fourth season a decade after it started on its own merits, definitely not sometimes people "forgot" so easily, did they?

>literally just Dark Souls 3 shoehorned into a generic Ubisoft-style open world
>Any Forums will defend this

Attached: 0Jz6uJLxOK7JOMMfcfHFBi1D.jpg (1024x1024, 245.93K)

>after it started on its own merits,
Explain what these merits are.

Because apparently the rest of the world has some level of standards. Or maybe there really isn't as much money in pandering to the lowest common denominator as you'd think (we are talking about a demo with a large amount of neets). Japan is really fucking outdated when it comes to cultural and social progress, not to mention technological adoption. Wouldn't be surprised if they just kept trucking with this business plan because it "worked" decades ago and trying new ideas is dishonorable, insulting to the boss or something equally stupid.

>Overlord is going into it's fourth season a decade after it started on its own merits
It's a harem show. Sweaty otaku pedos have no standards for this shit

This. More seasons =/= Better quality. By the Overlord fag's logic, Simpsons is the best cartoon ever.