Was he right? It's been 3 years already, and still gets people angry

Was he right? It's been 3 years already, and still gets people angry

Attached: KUW4fm1lsfayb8AQfjv9CDiZsGemnrjVBF5eMzfykX0-1024x525.jpg (1024x525, 88.56K)

literally who?

Generally, yeah. Spider-Man No Way Home is a lot more fun as a Disneyland "meet the characters you remember" experience than it is as a movie. I think Iron Man 1, GotG movies, and MAYBE Cap 2 (haven't seen it since 2016) are the only ones that manage some real movie magic with their narratives.

has-been cokehead academy darling

MCU is just the new transformers

>Boomer seething because he can’t grasp a concept he can’t understand

It’s the same dumb logic that Ebert used to justify his notion that video games weren’t art.

art is for tax evasion
so video games are for profit, not art

Yes. Unequivocally.

Seethe more.

He isn’t a darling though he didn’t get one til Departed despite raging bull deserving it long before.

Explain how it’s dumb logic and what exactly he misunderstood.

Ebert was right; And I say this as someone who used to seethe hard about his stance. Videogames are not art and thats a good thing.

vidya isn’t art and it will never be art

Attached: 058C71A2-D898-436D-AB25-D143F1375491.jpg (298x433, 25.8K)

Ebert's argument was actually completely coherent, most people just didn't accept the premise.

Into the Spider-Verse and Joker are the only superhero films in the last 2 decades to be “Art”

Says the man who keeps making the same crime movie over and over.

It’s funny how the fan backlash did more damage to the rep of MCU than his actual comments. A bunch of nerds were feeling good about being in the popular boat and then suddenly a heavy weight filmmaker calls their clout into question, which makes them all cry like babies and insist that the brief pathos moments in their summer blockbusters are just as artistic as an art house drama. They should’ve just held their heads high and ignored it, but deep down they were terrified that maybe they were just normies watching slop and not real intellectuals. They wound up proving him right.

film is not art

Can't believe Snyder had the best response to this and it was basically "Hope you're not talking about me".

Movies aren't art, that is Martin's only mistake here. Art is a farce, and anyone that uses the term "art" to denote something as superior is a fool.
A reaction is a reaction. Trying to categorize reactions based on how "emotional" and "psychological" they are in conveying "experiences" is silly.

art means not for profit and can be used for
tax evasion

hence NFTs are the ultimate form of art

The MCU's unending success proves what I've always known; people want fun, colorful, imaginative, lightheared adventure movies, not depressing, brooding and endlessly cringe-inducing "adult" crap. We get enough adult crap IRL when going to work.

The japanese figured this out DECADES AGO and yet here we are in the west making another gritty Batman movie. The fool generation can't die off soon enough.

Attached: Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-voll-2-1.jpg (980x549, 155.09K)

the weird thing is that Iñarritu said the same shit years ago and everyone applauded him for it even though he was much more insufferable about it

joker, saw, rambo, transformers, disney princesses

people want to buy emotions not art
and there are only a set select of those emotions which are viable

we don't get romance movies strangely

that would be comfy and all if zooms didnt insist on injecting leftard politics into that , just another brand of "muh reality"

Japan makes a clear divide between media that's based on emotion and media that's based on logic. I'm more of a logic guy myself, with a bit of emotion sprinkled in where it hits the hardest.