HBO Max’s “The Boondocks” Reboot is no longer in the works

>The Boondocks star Cedric Yarbrough has confirmed that the reboot is no longer happening. During an interview with 1-on-1 w/Deuces, the actor explained how Sony Pictures Television has "pulled the plug" on the revival attempt. A lot of fans had been looking forward to The Boondocks tackling Huey and Riley's story in the current world. However, it's not meant to be. Clearly Yarbrough is sad to see the show go and has some hopes that it can be rebooted some day in the future. But, for now, things aren't looking so hot for a return to Woodcrest. Read what he had to say about the show down below.

>"I hate to say this, but… The show is, right now, not coming back," Yarbrough explained. "I don't know if this is breaking news, but we've been wanting to do the show. And Sony… they decided they're going to pull the plug. So, I don't know. Hopefully, maybe one day we'll be able to revisit. If we don't then that's what that is. But, I wish the show was coming back."

>"They've surrounded us with an amazing cast. Regina King, so brilliant. The late, great John Witherspoon was fantastic," he said. "Gary [Anthony Williams] is killing it. [Aaron] McGruder and Carl Jones are giving us the permission to go there. They're like 'Yes! Improvise. We'll do the script but you know f*** around. Do you. Let's see what you got.' That gave that show the heartbeat. It wasn't just a written show with Black minds. It's also a written show with Black arts as well."

>Series creator Aaron McGruder tried to get a live-action Uncle Ruckus movie crowdfunded before the reboot was announced. However, that never materialized and fans were wondering what would become of the franchise. During recent announcements for HBO Max, the company touted THe Boondocks as a big animated project to look forward to. Clearly, the fanbase is still trying to see some sort of revival happen.

comicbook.com/anime/news/boondocks-reboot-cancelled-sony-pictures-pulled-the-plug-star-reveals/

Attached: 1644023455499.jpg (960x1440, 223.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/B1zIr40BzTZ/?utm_medium=copy_link
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Of course it was canceled. Making it palatable to oikophiles was already a tall order in the 2000s, now it's just impossible.

If any reply to this thread says something along the lines of "this generation too sensitive for the boondocks" i'm going to commit a crime

Boondocks only gets praised here because people willfully misinterpret the series to push their own agendas. Its for the best it got cancelled

Go back to twitter and stay there.

Nah, Uncle Ruckus was making fun of self loathers, but Any Forums can't grasp that and pretend he's right.

Shame, I was looking forward to reboot Jazmine
instagram.com/p/B1zIr40BzTZ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Attached: 1637073053817.jpg (1080x1080, 98.9K)

>the scripts were too old because Trump got kicked out and Ruckus could no longer be a topical MIGA tard
>Granddad's son wasn't cast as his voice replacement
>Regina King's son killed himself so she's out I assume
>the animation was gonna be weird
>it just wouldn't have compared to the first 3 seasons in humor or season 4 in action
No... No I think this is for the best.

What a god damn waste

Attached: 1637100008664.gif (984x1120, 339.14K)

>pretend

Truly, they were a the Stone that the Builder refused. Also I thought Busey and Yarbrough didn't see eye to eye.

>i'm going to commit a crime

Tell me you're black without telling me you're black?

>black people bad
go back

Attached: 8ea.jpg (640x1251, 93.51K)

Nice comeback.

I just wanted to see white shadow get a real conclusion :(

>go back

Attached: 1644032461561.jpg (144x151, 14.36K)

He didn't say they're bad, some people think crimes are cool. Maybe he's a BLM fan.

>leftards always agree with each other and never offend each other
kek

This generation too sensitive for the boondocks.

It's fucking true, though. The Boondocks was already controversial back then.