What are your opinions on the Big Two of cape films?

What are your opinions on the Big Two of cape films?

Attached: 09AA8728-FDA1-46CB-8843-C97EEEE87411.jpg (500x575, 67.66K)

for me, it's Sky High

Attached: sky.jpg (1200x675, 143.03K)

Both Snyder and the Gunn/Watts/Waiti crowd are embarrassed to be making superheroes. It just manifest through their works in different ways.

Watts? How
He wouldn’t make Bowl head Mysterio if it was the case

Snyderkino, GOTGs, Aquaman top tier

And yet, I can tell you Star Lord's persoality after watching his movie.

After watching MoS, I honestly can't tell you anything about who Clark is as a person.

Surprisingly good world Sky High has. It's a setting similar to MiracleMan in the strange eugenics stuff, but without any real ubermensch. Even the main hero, who combined his parent's powers, is yet to be a God-tier hero.
Very low power level world's are fun.

marvel is for kids and DC is for angst ridden teens

For all that people shit on the DCEU, 2 of its movies (Shazam and Aquaman) are far more soulful than pretty much any MCU movie with a few exceptions. I do wish they could make an actually good Superman movie though

Extremely comfy film

Not anymore, now DC is for deranged manchildren like myself and its fucking awesome

Attached: Peacemaker 3.jpg (840x1160, 778.56K)

Marvel is consistently okay to pretty great, but most of them feel pretty similar. You rarely ever forget that it's an MCU move stylistically.

DC tends to be much more all over the place. They aren't as consistently decent as MCU and a lot of them are pretty big stinkers. That said, they seem to give more creative freedom to the directors, so they tonally tend to feel pretty different from each other which I've begun to appreciate more and more, particularly when a winner comes along.

I cant stand the DC films, and find the Marvel ones so cookie cutter and boring that I cant bring myself to care enough to hate them.

I only ever saw the Raimi Spidey trilogy, and 3 was so bad I swore off superhero movies.

Marvel being consistent is a thing of the past

Only 2 that are recent at all that I didn't see were captain marvel and eternals. Shang Chi was great and no way home was pretty fun

Maybe it's just me being contrarian, but I find myself satisfied with DC more. I feel they sacrifice cohesion and consistency by giving directors more power and that makes the movies more memorable for me. I think Marvel would really benefit from a "Black Label" type of film series where they let the directors and writers have a bit more fun with the characters. I'm pretty sick of MCU humor at this point to the point where seeing Charlie Cox Daredevil (one of my favorite onscreen superheroes) in No Way Home kind of made me dread what they have planned for him.

Retards will look at this beautiful scene and say it's shit.

Attached: First Flight Man of Steel.webm (1920x800, 2.91M)

John Cena??

Retards will look at the terrible movie that this scene exists within and say it's good

Yup

You just a hater.

Attached: 1509984504108.webm (876x366, 2.75M)

Normies make it impossible for either brand to function normally. Retarded executives looking at what “the market” is into really just means they google the latest youtube rant videos and the top posts on twitter.

This. But don’t forget reeves. I refuse to see a Batman movie until he’s in trunks and the film treats him as seriously as Nolan’s first two movies.

He barely wore the bowl and everything is ironic, like all of the MCU. Wink-nod-“we all know it’s dumb teehee”-wink-nod

Isn't The Suicide Squad part of the DCEU?
If yes, that's the best supes universe movie so far

Marvel make better movies consistently. DC have higher highs but they're like needles in haystacks and 15-20 years old

marvel is going to shit right now due to
ideology

last good marvel movie was made by sony

I feel like Sky High is in a comfier,modern suburban corner of the Incredibles world.

I also like to assume the amazon Tick series takes place in the same world as Mystery Men.

Attached: super.jpg (1685x2001, 2.36M)

No I'm pretty sure it's due to the cookie cutter approach they have to making movies
Which I guess is arguably an ideology but probably not the one you mean

They really don’t man, I’m so sick of people actually thinking this.

Almost none besides cap 1 & 2, strange and iron man 1 are rewatchable. Maybe Thor 1 too but ymmv

Their last big movie before NWH had a white guy as the viewpoint character. Shelve your persecution complex. As a Kirby fan, Eternals was just disappointing either way

They destroyed 10 years of films just to have a YASSS girl moment and sideline all the straight white dudes by death or retirement.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have Thor fuck a dude soon.

The big visuals and epic stuff doesn't really matter when it's a bland, boring movie that is painful to watch. Meanwhile the childish wacky movie is funny and fun to watch.

nah switching male heroes to female
and woke shit is not cookie cutter

they started with heroes who were misogynist womanizers and one sold weapons of mass destruction

it is not a complex or conspiracy if they
brag about it on twitter

>The big visuals and epic stuff doesn't really matter when it's a bland, boring movie that is painful to watch
Agreed, that's why Avengers is dogshit

I disagree and I'm not gonna say otherwise to placate other Any Forums mouthbreathers. Whether or not whoever would rewatch is preference, but I just didn't enjoy any of the DCEU movies except Shazam and Aquaman compared to 99% of the MCU movies. Not saying they were amazing but they were a good time

Individually marvel hasn't made a single Great movie. They are cool and fun but they are honestly too damn similar (sans Iron Man 1, which honestly is among the better marvel movies). As an cinematic universe it is fantastic, you honestly get to care for most of the characters. Best marvel related movie is still Raimi's Spiderman, though.
DC on the other hand has an awful record with the DCEU, but have the best movies on their own right

>I don't like Ant-Man, that means NO ONE likes Ant-Man!!!!

Attached: angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 78.99K)

I like Man of Steel but BvS was complete garbage and I haven't seen Justice League or Wonder Woman.

I too think Infinity Gauntlet is a complete shitshow of a movie that of fucking boring and awful from start to finish. Thank you user for letting the brainless marvelfags know whats what

Attached: 1457556963224.jpg (416x416, 22.32K)

The films would still be boring and shit even if they didn't do that though. It'd just be white guys quipping at each other in bland set piece fights instead of women

>Individually marvel hasn't made a single Great movie
Meh Winter Soldier and GOTG are up there. They don't try to do the same thing with making dark movies as award bait like Logan, which is the only time people call cape movies great.

By what metric is Marvel going to shit other than you thinking the movies are bad?

It’s horrendous but I’ll give you rewatchable, largely because other than falcon it’s self contained.

Quite literally no one liked Antman

No they are not, quit trying to be a contrarian fag. you know those two movies are meh at the best of times. And a toy commercial at the most.

I disagree. Letting cap with mjolnir Thor and iron man beat the ever loving piss out of thanos or having the one and only Dick Ryder come in rather than carol would have been immensely better.

Most critics, general audiences, fans of the characters liked both a lot. The only people who didn't are the ones hanging onto Snyder's shrivelled ballsack

source that marvel movies were good?

Being rewatchable and liking something are different things. Honestly the MCU is a sport of rewatching it all or none of it.
I'd have added GotG2 to that list though

Logan is awful. It’s unironically even worse than MCU shit. It’s babbies first R rated movie.

I cannot figure out how it is fucking possible to like Ant Man in the first place. Not just the movie, but the character, the idea, the core concept. Literally every single last damn aspect of it seen from any corner. There is nothing to like, or even be casually amused at. It's a stupid idea from stupid people about a stupid character that cannot in any way function as a superhero.

>contrarian calling someone else a contrarian
Both of them were great and heavily character-focused.
>oh no but the humour, why isn't *every cape movie* like Snyder's?

Oh my apologies, didn't realise I was talking to an actual retard who likes these bland as fuck fight scenes

Yet you’re defending exactly that?

But I'm not. I've literally been saying that's what is making these movies bad.