Finally got around to watching birds of prey and it was fantastic. Black Mask was an amazing villain

Finally got around to watching birds of prey and it was fantastic. Black Mask was an amazing villain

Why did you hate it guys? Strong female protagonist?

Attached: 56E263C9-4B96-4A8B-A809-7905B3DFA786.jpg (1037x570, 44.47K)

>Why did you hate it guys? Strong female protagonist?
Nice strawman, faggot. Their portrayals of Black Canary and Cassandra Cane were atrocious at best.

I liked it when I watched it too and I still like the film, BUT
I'm not a DCfag at all an I literally only knew Harley Quinn and watched the movie for Harley. The more I looked up who Cassandra Cain and Black Canary actually are, the more I understand the hate for this movie.

overstuffed, sub=par action direction
it was ok. robbie always great

This movie was so obviously meant to be about Batgirl it's not even funny. Clearly when Affleck dipped out they decided to mothball a Babs movie and recycled the Birds of Prey elements into a Harley script. But now of course they're making an actual Batgirl movie so this abortion is doubly annoying.

>Why did you hate it guys? Strong female protagonist?
It's not Birds of Prey without Barbara and the out of character portrayal of Cassandra Cain.

Very out of character. I enjoyed it when detached from the characters, but at that point it's just an action movie. Similar to how one can love The Punisher (Netflix) if you detach your understanding of The Punisher.

I love the movie, it's a bunch of fun, but some of the criticisms are true.

Cassandra Cain acts NOTHING like Comics Cain, and neither does Montoya, Huntress, or Black Canary. They might as well be totally new characters. If you're fine with completely different portrayals you'll enjoy it, but if you're a comic fan then prepare to be disapointed.

Honest question: I never read much Punisher, and I generally liked the Netflix show, but people around here despise it. When I ask why, the things they say that the Punisher needs to be sound less interesting than what the Netflix version is. They always take issue with him showing emotion and being less psychopathic, but that just sounds like they want a one-note weirdo power fantasy character.
What am I missing from the comics that's so much better?

Black Mask was great, but the movie was incredibly boring and had the absolute worst Cassie Cain and Birds of Prey possible
Harley was also great, but that's just Margot Robbie being the character

It was the dollar store version of a bunch of other movies:

>"Lets do the out of order talking to the audience narrative like Deadpool.... but not actually break the 4th wall or justify talking out of order."

>"Let's make Harley a Jack Sparrow scoundrel... but no one likes her, she fucks everything up, does nothing actually heroic, and keeps screaming that she's Harley Quinn to people that don't actually hate her or respect her, they're just tired of her shit."

>"Let's have all the supporting cast of characters from the comics like the Marvel movies... but they are people Harley barely interacts with in the comics, the ones she did we'll change so much they may as well have made new characters."

>"Let's rip off the plot of Snatch...but not be smart enough to pull that off and generally every mob reference is a watered down version of every crime movie you've already seen."

>"Let's have John Wick uber violent action scenes....but make them dumb like Harley walking into a police station and all the cops wet themselves even though they are armed and she is pretty much walking up to each of them one at a time and shooting them or punching them."

>"Let's reference the DCU for those stubborn fans who still go on message boards about the genius of Zach Snyder.... but not actually connect to it and generally act embarrassed about it."

>"Let's make an inspiring women focused movie by.... having all women act like violent boring assholes."

>"Let's reference the Joker... but have nothing in common with the Joker movie that made a billion dollars or even have the Joker in it."

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but this was on the level or worse than Ben Affleck Daredevil

It's a bad movie.
Black Mask was a shit villain.
Harley Quinn took up the most screen time despite having the least to actually have an investment in the plot.
Everyone else was underdeveloped for her sake.

I liked it. It's like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, but with superheroes.

>Strong female protagonist
Meaningless feminist meme words. No one ever defines "strong" in this word salad.

The problem with BoP was simply that it was an atrociously awful 0/10 movie, and anyone who pretends to like it (such as OP the faggot) does so only to get a rise out of people. It was a worthless vanity project for Margot Robbie, nothing more, and made sure no one would make a good Birds of Prey movie in our lifetimes.

>What am I missing from the comics that's so much better?

Just the entire point. No big deal, you just have very low IQ. Not your fault.
I bet you think Judge Dredd would be better if he took his helmet off to have a cry about his mama sometimes.

>Ben Affleck Daredevil
Hey, don't compare this abortion to that, Daredevil had actual redeeming qualities alongside the bad stuff. BoP was just awful through and through.

>Accuses other of being low IQ
>wants caveman unga unga characters
I bet you don't think of Judge Dredd as a satire about fascism

I thought season 1 was fine but making the making the main antagonist some sort of alphabet agency conspiracy was kinda stupid. Season 2 pissed me off by barely giving Jigsaw any scars despite his face being turned into hamburger in season 1.

The park shooting being turned into a convoluted mess was odd. I thought it would've been a solid twist if the whole thing was a coincidence and that there was no conspiracy, even though he just happened to demolish a covert military operations involving drug smuggling.

I hated the feminist shit in it

Yeah, that would have been better. The park shooting should never have been a plot to take out Frank and his family, it makes it too personal. Them just being the innocent bystander victims of an organized crime war makes it less impersonal and gives Frank more of a reason to go after ALL criminals instead of just the ones in particular that were responsible.