Would you read it?

Would you read it?

Attached: 1643949237342.png (1026x1669, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

thetownwecallhome.tumblr.com/post/666556767088590848
time.com/5937507/roald-dahl-anti-semitism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whoever drew that nailed Blake's style.

I would never support an antisemite

fuck yeah i loved dahl as a kid
i dont think it would feel as dark as his other books though since owl house is mainly fantasy not dark comedy

You already use Any Forums

Which is ironic considering the artist wanted to emulate Burton because it’s Tumblr and they have a fetish for Burtonesque and Burton is their only reference for strange or macabre art

thetownwecallhome.tumblr.com/post/666556767088590848

Dahl was a spastic who started spewing Any Forums rants later in his life.

Roald Dahl would make it unique and not a boring mess, so yeah

Roald Dahl apparently scripted “You Only Live Twice” and was friends with Ian Fleming.

This has nothing to do with the owl house, I just thought it was cool.

Like I said in the thread this pic is from The Owl House is more of Terry Prachett book than a Roald Dahl one in terms of the Fantasy Setting and Humour

TOH is nowhere as sophisticated as Discworld books in terms of writing or humour. stupid zoomer i bet you never read a single discworld novel

Would you watch it?

Attached: COMING SOON TO DISNEY DVD.png (1175x1498, 2.37M)

Only for Hooty, everything else about it would be shit

no

>Discworld
>sophisticated

Edas not hot enough desu

I wanna lick Luz's smooth skin.

How do you fuck up so badly at drawing one person's style that you end up flawlessly emulating another person's style?

His "antisemitism" and "Any Forums rants" were him being angry at the hypocrisy of the Israelis surviving the holocaust and then turning around and doing the same sort of thing to the Palestinians, which I'd say is a pretty reasonable take.

And even so, it's leagues more sophisticated than Owlshit.

There's nothing more antisemetic than supporting Palestine.

>During his lifetime, Dahl made openly anti-Semitic remarks on a number of occasions.

>In a review of a book about the Lebanon War that appeared in the August 1983 edition of the British periodical Literary Review, Dahl wrote, in reference to Jewish people, “Never before in the history of man has a race of people switched so rapidly from being much-pitied victims to barbarous murderers.”

>He also made reference to “those powerful American Jewish bankers” and asserted that the United States government was “utterly dominated by the great Jewish financial institutions over there.”

>Later that same year, he doubled down on his statements in an interview with the British magazine New Statesman. “There is a trait in the Jewish character that does provoke animosity, maybe it’s a kind of lack of generosity towards non-Jews,” he said. “I mean, there’s always a reason why anti-anything crops up anywhere; even a stinker like Hitler didn’t just pick on them for no reason.”

>A few months before his death in 1990, Dahl stated outright that he was anti-Semitic in an interview with The Independent.

>After claiming that Israel’s 1982 invasion of Lebanon was “hushed up in the newspapers because they are primarily Jewish-owned,” he went on to say, “I’m certainly anti-Israeli and I’ve become anti-Semitic in as much as that you get a Jewish person in another country like England strongly supporting Zionism. I think they should see both sides. It’s the same old thing: we all know about Jews and the rest of it. There aren’t any non-Jewish publishers anywhere, they control the media—jolly clever thing to do—that’s why the president of the United States has to sell all this stuff to Israel.”

>time.com/5937507/roald-dahl-anti-semitism/

Like only 2 things he said can be considered anti semitic