I just saw these two films back-to-back

I found Mitchells vs Machines to be more impressive and more engaging overall. But both were still really good.

Attached: Encanto The Mitchells vs The Machines.jpg (3002x3737, 3.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KOCrv-2l1lg
youtube.com/watch?v=0YAOy12Znp0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: latinx gilf.jpg (296x489, 84.39K)

Mitchells has more heart, but Encanto has catchier songs.

That’s fair, if you broke it down to me I’d say, that out of the two the Mitchells vs Machines has more soul. I mean looking at the work they put into this for years and the emotional scenes without the custom music and that real feeling of ether being the dad or the child. It can relate to a lot of people about being an outsider in someone’s life that you with with. Don’t get me wrong Encantos good but out of the two I’d pick the Mitchells vs Machines.

>catchier songs.
I haven't watched Mitchells, but goddamn how bad is their soundtrack that Encanto's is better?

It’s not a musical, so the only song that stands out is the one musical scene with numa numa.

based user who actually enjoys cartoons

*dabs on both films*

Attached: bbot-ron-interactive-toy-plush-yellow-light.jpg (1000x1000, 80.83K)

Yeah this one was cute. We gotta chill on the Big Bad Tech Giant movies tho. Feels like we've gotten enough of those lately.

Attached: binoculars.jpg (3000x1257, 400.36K)

Mitchells vs. Machines still has an amazing soundtrack (and that's not counting all the stellar licensed songs they used):
youtube.com/watch?v=KOCrv-2l1lg
youtube.com/watch?v=0YAOy12Znp0

But I'm talking to someone who probably hates Encanto's songs somehow, so this is like talking to a brick wall.

Attached: 9d5dcf3ff58fb842da018a43a5bc5fb880-the-mitchells-v-the-machines-lede.rhorizontal.w1200.jpg (1200x800, 166.55K)

Both were inferior to Ron gone wrong.

Where does Vivo fit into this? Somehow even Ron's Gone Wrong got a greater response.

Attached: 1640655021911.gif (540x380, 3.67M)

I think, contrary to some reviews I read, it was not as "derivative" or typical of a tech movie as people say. It's the only one I know that really hones in on the problem of proprietary technology - DRM and all that. There's just a lot to it thematically that I'm just itching to put together and write down one day.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-01-30-22h08m02s916_both.jpg (1915x1599, 277.59K)

Well I would love to hear what you have to say. The film definitely had more to it than I expected walking in.

Attached: Fernando Peque.jpg (1080x1349, 317.91K)

Kinda sucks that Mitchells came out way back around last May. The crew's been fighting tooth & nail to keep the movie relevant for awards season, but that's becoming harder and harder by the day. It's gonna take a miracle to beat a Disney musical that's still relatively new, houses a huge main cast, and has loads of untapped potential that we all know Disney won't hesitate to explore.

Attached: best couple.png (1920x1024, 1.98M)

I'd love to write it as one single coherent thought, but I just have a collection of feelings

- It's very beautiful Ron is the only robot that can laugh, celebrates laughter as the human condition
- Ron being able to laugh make be believe Barney made him conscious, sentient
- I felt like I knew who Barney was the moment he came on screen, and for an awesome short while he was my hero cause I incorrectly thought he didn't have a b-bot by choice.
- The film is not as indecisive on tech as it might appear. It more argues that we'd be better off if we jailbroke and took ownership of our devices.
- I don't literally think that it advocates world where we all have quirky robots as friends, rather the friendship is just a metaphor for how much better relationship with tech can be.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-01-30-22h06m27s746.png (1920x800, 1.04M)

The lack of any real villain or outside force makes Encanto feel like it is lacking stakes. MvtM is much better.

Do we know if the director of TMvTM plans on doing more with these characters, or was it a one-and-done deal?

Attached: Andrew James Ross.jpg (661x661, 95.11K)

Loved both of them, I actually liked Encanto more but they're both super entertaining

I just want to see more of Pepa's side of the family, man. Each member gets 5 minutes of screentime tops, but they're all so goddamn entertaining

Well said. Disney HAS to announce a TV series by the end of this year.

Attached: FJkh2S0VIAEWYfr.jpg (2047x1471, 340.94K)

Art imitates life.