"Trust me bro I've tried this thing that's been tried for decades 11 times we're TOTALLY DOOMED"

"Trust me bro I've tried this thing that's been tried for decades 11 times we're TOTALLY DOOMED".
Why does she treat her personal experience as gospel?
More importantly, why do the X-Men as well as the authors and readers?
Not even Professor X would consider something he's tried less than 20 times a set-in-stone inevitability

Attached: tokyor.jpg (876x896, 462.86K)

>white protagonist

based bwc enjoyers

I can't tell if this is an East vs West thread or OP was a dumbass and got the wrong pic

50 million books sold in less than 5 years...comics will never be able to compete.

Dogman

how many trees died for this?

lmao

>Dogman and uhhhhhhhhh....

There's literally a YA series every few years that does it. It was Telegemeir's shit 5 years ago.

Not enough.

Pretty sure it sold only about half that number.

> why do the X-Men as well as the authors and readers?

Telegemeir's shit ain't "YA," the fuck are you talking about?
And her stuff sells nowhere near 50 million copies in 5 years, hell, it took Smile 5 years just to hit 1.5 million copies in circulation.

Man, manga is just on a different level, no wonder the Big 2 can't compete

Gee user
It's like Japan's book market has healthier accessibility, cost, and distribution
The vast majority of manga sales come from Japan itself
Even sales in Burgerland where it sells a lot pales in comparison to the sales it gets in its homeland

>white protagonist

It helps that Japan has a robust public transportation system instead of decaying shit from the early 20th century like America does, so people have far more free time to read even when they're not at home.
And also they just generally read more than Americans do. Americans can't even bother to read fucking subtitles on a foreign movie, something that's extremely common in East Asian countries.

>The vast majority of manga sales come from Japan itself
You forgot France.

Attached: 1643590977005.jpg (1404x2652, 1.09M)

Dogman.. Yeah for toddler maybe

>kimetsu no yaiba
>boku no piko academia
>jujutsu kaisen
>this garbage
all this does is make me more cynical towards the poor state of both manga and comics

Don't worry user, there'll always be someone willing to make stories about angry lesbians for people like you.