This is an upcoming official Dragon and Dragons “anime” aka “cartoon not made for kiddies for a streaming service”

This is an upcoming official Dragon and Dragons “anime” aka “cartoon not made for kiddies for a streaming service”.

How does this make you feel?

Attached: FC4ED244-0A45-45C2-9A92-AF8ADFD1F6D5.jpg (508x288, 33.88K)

Really just edit out the beard and I would

The dialog already sounds fuckingw terrible

Critical Role isn't official D&D you ignorant slut

You just got kicked out of /tg/ 5 minutes ago.

Attached: this ís (you).png (1024x576, 609.33K)

kids will think
>haha that woman has a beard

Yes it is. It’s the sole reason DND is popular and more popular than it’s ever been.

>side character

Bait

Matt Mercer is writing some stuff for official e5 material, that makes him official D&D

Yes it is.

It's not official, and the campaign they are adapting used Pathfinder anyway, so you're double wrong. Faggot.

And they will be canceled for it

You mean the campaign that happens before the streamed show, which started before the Briarwoods, who just showed up in the third episode?

Also by that argument, Tiberius should be there with them because he was in their original game, you retard.

>TFW my niece and her friends wanted to try D&D because they saw Critical Role
>They're surprised actual D&D doesn't contain autism-levels of acting and playing pretend
Critical Role is a cancer, but it's the only thing kids are interested in when it comes to D&D.

Those goal posts are moving at the speed of light. Continue being wrong. And a faggot. Faggot.

Critical Role itself is not. I submit as evidence for this, the changing of the spell "Bigby's Hand" to "Scanlan's Hand" in the animated series, something that would only be done to avoid a copyright issue which wouldn't exist if CR were officially licensed by WotC.

They have a licensed book for the setting, but that's only as "official" as the Penny Arcade or Rick & Morty shit and it doesn't mean everything that Mercer puts to paper is somehow blessed into being D&D canon.

Attached: coffee_l.jpg (220x272, 38.71K)

>... it doesn't mean everything that Mercer puts to paper is somehow blessed into being D&D canon.

No one is saying that. Matt has published official D&D products with WotC, whatever deals they make I dont fucking care. His writing is mediocre at best, but its undeniable he's officially publishing with them, he has writing credit in some books for 5e.

That's just netflix doing their marketing shit
>dude anime is popular so we'll just call everything anime we'll make millions lmao

>No one is saying that.
Kind of missed the point of my post there user.
see
>Critical Role isn't official D&D
>>Yes it is.
>>Matt Mercer is writing some stuff for official e5 material, that makes him official D&D
That second reply is implying that Critical Role is official D&D due to Matt also having written for a licensed D&D book.

The issue I was addressing is that Matt writing -some- licensed D&D content does not mean that Critical Role is official content.

>people arguing about D&D Canon
Literally no one cares. The official modules are for con/store games, brand new DMs, and for giving a DM a break after an extended period of making their own content.
Critical Role isn't for me but Mercer is a good DM and they have fun so who the fuck cares
Yeah, it makes people try DnD with the attitude that it's all very quickly like one of their Japanese animes, but at least it gets people interested. A small amount of those people will like 5e regardless.

The only good thing to come out of these "shows/stories based on tabletop campaigns" things is Record of Lodoss War.
Pretty much everything else is shitty or boring.