This is Don Heck. Say something nice about him

This is Don Heck. Say something nice about him.

Attached: don heck.jpg (978x715, 424.4K)

Who

an underappreciated artist because superheroes were not his strong suit

co-creator of the Melter

Heck did some very interesting horror stuff in the 1950s, and he was good at romance comics. It's unfortunate that comics history will mostly remember him for his 1960s super-hero art, which he was not really well suited for. The fact that he was fast and could ink his own pencils made him very useful to Marvel and he got lots of work.

I'm sure I'm not the only fan who felt let down by a comic which had a Kirby cover and Don Heck interior art. It seemed like advertising. He was a good artist but he was pressed into work that didn't show him to good advantage.

co-creator of hawkeye and black widow

wh-
Okay. Now there's a pair of names I recognize.

love his inking, very bold brush

Well, a ton of villains and secondary characters, for sure, I liked his original, non-glamourous designs for Pepper Potts and Happy Hogan,.

the first user was being funny because heck got bad rep (see )

I actually love Don Heck. Underrated as fuck. Just had the misfortune of being on t he team when you’ve got Kirby and Ditko . Also pretty sure he was a romance guy who didn’t make the switch to superheroes as well as others (like Romita)

History is not for everyone,

These are the fact. Heck drew unreal hot women and that should have been his job, not capes. Ironically Kirby is the GOAT cape artist but drew hideous women.

Attached: heck black widow.png (568x585, 503.08K)

I love history but not who created which fictional character history.
More wars and stuff.

You never know here if you're reading some 14 year old who has only been exposed to a narrow range of comics, though.

He was really good. his style appeared more in drama, horror and romance. but he could do anything

Ah, I meant "history of comics," not real world stuff, I should have been more clear,

I don't think we see Heck at his best in 1960s Marvel. For one thing, He seems to have been always rushed because he was a quick, dependable inker. His full-page pin-ups and splash showed him to better advantage,

Oh.
Yeah.

How can you not love Happy Hogan in his boxers and with the old-fashioned socks that needed garters?

Notice he left the iron face down on his clothes and there's smoke already rising.

Attached: happy (2).jpg (307x490, 67.22K)

this is Any Forums. You can say Don Fuck here

Linework is so great.

When is DC going to reprint his WW? And the rest of their Bronze Age stuff