What killed CN's golden age

What killed CN's golden age

Attached: 1575727688937.png (1840x1144, 2.02M)

Pearl clutchers.

Adobe Flash and the switch from outsourcing to Japan to Canada.

Flapjack has more soul than Camp Lazlo ever did

Cartoons like Dexter's lab were already soulless. They never had strong narratives but also didn't have strong animation. The short episodes were just a crutch to shit out repetitive content. It reminded me of those Looney Toons cartoons from the 60s that looked like complete shit. That goes for a lot of CN Cartoons. Nick often sucked but they put more effort into their shows, they swung higher.
My Gym Partner is a Monkey? Shit made me instantly mad when it came on tv.

Chowder should be in the soul section. It was the last breath of the old CN since it came out in 2007, the last year CN had the classic shows like KND and B&M. Also Chowder was created by one of the Billy and Mandy writers and it shows.

>Camp Lazzlo and My gym partners a monkey on the left
>Gumball and Chowder on the right
This is bait. Almost expert bait even.

Chowder and Flapjack are FULL of soul, they just came out at the wrong time.

>Narratives

Stuart Snyder. He's the guy who:
>cancelled Young Justice and Sym-Bionic Titan for not selling enough toys
>cancelled Billy and Mandy along with Michael Ouweleen for being a hateful fart cartoon
>killed WCW by asking his old Turner buddies Jamie Kellner and Brad Siegel to take WCW programming off TV, thus decreasing the brand’s value and allowing Stu’s boss Vince McMahon to buy it for peanuts
>according to Jim Ross: “Stu was not happy that he had a black limo driver. He was not happy that he had to ride in a black car.”
>killed Toonami
>added live-action shows to Cartoon Network (oxymoron)

Attached: 1625630490787.png (493x566, 324.98K)

Fred Fredburger

Making the whole schedule nothing but Cartoon Cartoons, with only token showings of Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry at noon if lucky.

Clarence wasn't that bad ngl

Stupid fucking zoomer

Fred Fredburger actually wasn't that bad in the show itself. He was only in like 3 episodes and even Billy hated him. What made him annoying was CN's insistence on pushing him as a mascot.

> canceled Young Justice and Sym-Bionic Titan for not selling enough toys
Not his fault both were expensive shows to produce and were riding in the toy sales to cover the cost.

Shut up boomer

Attached: 1591928899174.png (790x605, 728.73K)

Fuck off Any Forums spammer

Attached: 1617588045846.png (1709x1800, 2.49M)

clarence is about low income families and it rocks

Like I said I wouldn't need them if the show had good animation but it looks like shit which kills a lot of the comedy

God zoomies are so fucking based

We're the last generation that got a taste of the world pre-iPhones. I genuinely feel kind of bad for Gen Alpha who are spending their entire childhoods on their devices.

This is my generation but somehow I grew up with this + 75% of the shit boomers shit themselves over. When I see the divide between this gen and the gen before it confuses me. Either I became self aware earlier or stayed a kid later because I relate to a lot of older shit too.

>soul
>posts new dexter

October 2, 1992.