Do you see another theatrical South Park movie happening or would it just not be the same?

Do you see another theatrical South Park movie happening or would it just not be the same?

Attached: 36949369285963.jpg (554x554, 84.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-05/south-park-creators-sign-900-million-deal-for-more-episodes-movies
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kinda shocked ViacomCBS didn't already make Parker and Stone do another one... unless part of the rights already reverted back to WB

They're going to be making like 20 seasons and 5 movies with the new deal, even though the creators are out-of-touch fags who ran out of ideas ten years ago. Just forget it.

they were getting 6 million viewers in 1997, barely 500k watch this shit now

Still, they gotta make money back from buying Casa Bonita somehow

No. They can do long form and multi-part episodes now so a movie would be pointless. Shit, stuff like imagination land would have made a good movie and if shit like that stayed on tv then thjeres no way a movie could bring anything to the table.

The movie did have one thing over the TV show, and that was a string of musical numbers.

The movie is better than the vast majority of the series.

But I'm sure the creators think it kinda sucks now

I'm sure they do, they have poor opinions on South Park and have for a while.

This, South Park was a completely different phenomenon when it came out compared to later years. The movie is basically a snapshot of that era.

They know how to make a grandiose plot still, but I'm not convinced that a new movie could be as funny.

Nah the movie is one of the few things from that era that they still like.

>No Butters
>Randy is barely even in the picture
This movie is a remnant from another era.

they said that a second movie would be the final of the show just like they thought the first one was going to be

Butters is in it, but he doesn't speak I think.
>Randy is barely even in the picture
A better era.

South Park was still very much of that specific nu-metal type of late 90s/early 00s edginess. Plus it's not new anymore like it was still was then.

Didn't stop SpongeBob from getting two more movies, but whatever

Spengebob is much more popular than South ParQ

If Trey Parker and Matt Stone really wanted to make a theatrical film I'd bet they'd be able to make another one. Didn't they get paid like almost a billion dollars to stay on for another six years.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-05/south-park-creators-sign-900-million-deal-for-more-episodes-movies

Why is Chef the only one grabbing the text?

It'd only be on Paramount+.

They'd never give something like South Park a major box office release when Daddy's Home 3 is right there.