Why did the new 52 fail?

why did the new 52 fail?

Attached: new-52-justice-league.jpg (1024x663, 179.15K)

It might work if it works together with online services.

I've read all the nu52 Suicide Squad stuff and enjoyed it.
Though June Moone/Enchantress x Killer Croc was.. something.

People was butthurt and in most cases it was justified but in others it was unwarranted.

This is when I got into comics for the first time

Attached: pop.jpg (227x222, 7.31K)

I think it got the sales boost that DC wanted, but the problems happened because the higher-ups simply didn't have a plan. There's a few blogposts detailing the numerous failings of those in charge.

>No one knew what was and wasn’t canon.
>Editors were too controlling.
>No one communicated to each other.
>Trying too hard to make their superheroes “hip” with the kids and trying hard to copying Marvel.
>Superman/Wonder Woman was terrible.
>Johns Justice League was boring
>Media (especially Comicsalliance) we’re obsessed with hurting/cancelling DC comics over any small pointless thing

Why care? It's all the same capeshit.
You see one half assed universe wide reboot you've seen them all.

I like sideburn Aquaman.

1. It had no coherent plan, just pure panic "EVERYBODY DO SOMETHING SHOCKING QUICK, JOKER CUT HIS FACE OFF, JASON IS A MAGIC NINJA, DOESN'T NEED TO MAKE SENSE JUST GO GO GO".
2. It didn't fully commit to a fresh start but kept all sorts of weird legacy shit for a bunch of characters while others were totally rebooted.
3. Bunch of popular characters were introduced way too late.

And most importantly
4. It could never have worked in the long run anyway because people like the old world and want it back as soon as the novelty of the new wears off.

Attached: 1477626643456.jpg (194x219, 27.9K)

>June Moone/Enchantress x Killer Croc
That was Rebirth. Are you thinking of the series that began with that mission to capture a phantom zone portal which resulted in Captain Boomerang's death?

also the flagship title, scott snyder's batman was fairly bad but got so hyped. I have some pleasant memories of new 52 crossovers, like the forever evil covers and stuff

Indeed. Where they capture Zod who for some fucking reason is the size of the Hulk in terms of height

It was a reboot but not really a reboot. "Guys we're starting over, whiping the slate clean! Actually except Batman and Green lantern and a few others. Oh and we're starting five years after super people show up. Of and the history is pretty much the same except we retconned stuff we didn't like and won't tell you what except we got rid of Wally. Also batman still has the same long history but now it's only five years. Same with GL. Also we added Constantine tt he universe because he really fits guys he's so cool."

I don't know why they didn't just start completely over. Year one. No previous continuity rather than half assing it for ???

it's weird cause earth one kinda does that

>I don't know why they didn't just start completely over. Year one. No previous continuity rather than half assing it for ???

because Johns GL and Morrison's Batman were still going, and were massively successful at the time, unlike most of everything else they were publishing

Right? I mean it wasn't always good but at least it had the balls to start from day one and completely reconstruct.

It was good in that it removed that gay ass post-crisis bullshit, Superman particuarly enjoyed the reboot.
Always found Rebirth funny in so far as it "rebirthed" the worst version of Superman, 1987-1992 Superman.

>unwarranted
I can't think of anyone who benefited from it

Then they should have waited until those runs finished I guess. What a cluster fuck of decisions. Fuck Didio

Yeah that was bad. If it was truly a fresh start for, say, Batman, there shouldn't have been Dick in Nightwing, Jason in Red Hood and the outlawas, Tim in Teen Titans and no Damian in Batman & Robin.

They didn’t do a full on reboot with Batman and Green Lantern because they were scared on stepping on Morrison and Johns’ plans. But they rebooted everything else.
That’s what fucked everything up.

Ironically this is also the reason Crisis on Inifinite Earths failed. Because it wasn’t a complete reboot because they didn’t want to reboot the New Teen Titans at the time. But they rebooted near everything else.

In hindsight New 52 was amazing compared to where we are now. I think right now is the lowest point for DC ever and I still don’t think we’ve hit the bottom yet. I don’t think any of us can fathom just how bad it’ll be a decade from now. But I know it’ll be so bad we’ll look back at what’s happening today and go

>boy remember the days when the aged up Jon and made him have anal sex with a pink haired twink? Those sure were the days!

it's funny because most of the batbooks pre-flashpoint/new 52 were in pretty damn good shape both in popularity and quality but they had to end for new 52. I guess they thought they could just pick back up but most of the 52 stuff was fucking terrible

Attached: 1626701019992.png (900x1366, 643.43K)

me too i thought new 52 flash was cool

I can't read Batman nowadays because I hate Damien Wayne and wish he'd vanish from memory.
The only Batman comics I've been able to read are Arkhamverse tie ins and BATB cartoon tie in.

Good news is a decade from now we'll be in a neo 1995-2005 or the company won't exist.

his dynamic with Dick really made him a lot better. I'd say he'd be a good character if any of his development actually stuck

Attached: 1618715274987.jpg (1041x1600, 443.65K)