Cat Burglar, a Netflix interactive short inspired by Tex Avery's work is releasing on February 22nd

Cat Burglar, a Netflix interactive short inspired by Tex Avery's work is releasing on February 22nd.

youtube.com/watch?v=hIZLRrz0L2c&

Attached: Cat-Burglar-00-00-08-15.jpg (900x506, 63.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comedy.co.uk/people/news/6701/charlie-brooker-cartoon-cat-burglar/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did this start development before Netflix decided to not give creators more control? Cause there's no way Netflix did this with that criteria.

>mediocre tweeny animation with few regular keyframes
>LOL TEX AVERY INSPIRED
>No Red Hot or Leggy Lamb like sexy ladies.

Has soul, damn close to the classics. I like the effort put into it.

I never noticed much of the tweening.

This might be the best animated thing to ever come out of netflix and it’s not even close

It looks like shit. avery stopped making these jokes back in 1940, avery would be making fun of these hacks

When they do tweening so much to make up for the lack of time put into lively animation, it just looks like every baby cartoon ever that just happens to have a coating of classics on it. I appreciate that they try but even Looney Tunes Cartoons has so much fucking tweening because that's their goto for fluid animation, without understanding how lifeless it is.

I like the concept of using the cat's lives as videogame lives of sorts, but overall it looks like a better animated and more violent Wacky World of Tex Avery.

Looks pretty neat honestly. I feel these kinds of CYOA movies/shows can't be too depthy right, but it's a fun experiment, like Dragon's lair.
Being inspired by X does not mean you are X. Some people are inspired by others before they change their style/substance/they're inspired by specific works. As long as it's not claiming to BE the thing what is wrong with saying it's inspired?
Tweening always slacks a bit in the timing department because a lot of times you don't have to think too much about what is in the next frame if you can adjust your shapes etc in such a way. It's way easier though and it still looks good, even if it's a bit jarring at times.

Neat! I know someone who works on the show, and that mystery person is a radical centrist. If this is on Netflix, does that mean the service is getting more sane?

Look ok

Hey, look! Classic cartoon animation that's actually good and not Looney Jews garbage.

why is this working better than analmaniacs

Attached: 2020-11-26_07-16-29(1).webm (712x540, 2.74M)

Even The Wacky World of Tex Avery is closer to a "tribute" than this.

Because new thing inspired by >>> skinsuit "sequel".

>I said it, therefore it's true
Okay wizard, master of spells.

cool!

Think I'll give this a chance...also the cat looks just like Tex Avery's cat, just colored yellow

>With an average runtime of fifteen minutes, and over an hour and a half of animation to explore, Cat Burglar can be played multiple times and unlock previously unseen sequences of Rowdy trying to outsmart Peanut.

>The interactive animation features the voice talents of US stand-up and impressionist James Adomian (The Day Shall Come) as Rowdy, veteran voice artist Alan Lee (Squid Game) as Peanut and Trevor Devall (F Is For Family) as the museum director.

>Brooker executive produces Cat Burglar with Annabel Jones for their company Broke & Bones, alongside Mike Hollingsworth (BoJack Horseman, Tuca & Bertie), who is also supervising director and writes with fellow BoJack alumnus James Bowman.

>The interactive producer is Russell McLean, who worked on Bandersnatch, and the art director is Avner Geller, with the music provided by Christopher Willis. Animation services are by Boulder Media.

comedy.co.uk/people/news/6701/charlie-brooker-cartoon-cat-burglar/

Attached: cat.jpg (1280x720, 129.94K)

Interactive cartoons a shit.

No, NOT because I am a grandpa, and need to accept what the cool kids these days are into. Interactive cartoons a shit because it is the writer's job to write the plot, not mine.

Disregard that, I succ kox. Wrong cartoon.