Final Fantasy IX

Cyber Group Studios spoke at an event recently and put out a few more details about their plans for the Final Fantasy IX animated series. Do we have any reason to be optimistic about this French cartoon considering the studio's other output?

>To reach older children, Cyber Group is looking to delve into the anime style of animation that has proven popular with the demographic. “That is quite a challenge and definitely our next one,” says Mathieu. “We trust as well that older kids tend to watch more serialized content that the streamers offer more easily than [traditional] broadcasters. Therefore, we are developing huge brands withFinal Fantasy IX, for example, and original series we will soon be at liberty to discuss.”

>Currently in internal development, Cyber Group is working to make Final Fantasy IX “the best show that will conquer the original fans and will bring a new generation of kids on these original adventures. Pierre Belaïsch [senior VP of creative development] and his team are working very hard to bring us in the coming months cutting-edge new programs in directions you are not used to finding at Cyber Group Studios!”

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 62.67K)

Should have been FFVIII

IX has a more colorful world which works better for a cartoon. Granted, that colorful world is full of genocide but I'm sure kids are really into that these days.

I want to believe
most game adaptations are dogshit

My rat wife.

I want to beleive it will look just like the CGs just to fill my nostalgia boner

I want a FFV series dammit

the only benefit of it being VIII is that it'll have regular Gilgamesh instead of kid Gilgamesh

Attached: 26F6EFC4-D96A-4C99-9157-3C62AC95707E.png (360x457, 129.93K)

I have 0 ideas of what to expect. HOWEVER, all I truly care about is the game will always exist.

Name some actually good videogame tie-in media, Any Forums. Comics, anime/manga, movies, it doesn't matter, I'm at the stage where I'm convinced that 99% of it is all terrible.

Prince of Persia movie is 8/10, and I don't care if you disagree.

im expecting a very neutered take on the series but still excited

Mutant Chronicles 2008

The KH manga is pretty good
Also I think Arcane was fine, plot could use some work but it could improve and the visuals were nice

Dead Space Downfall was alright.

People like the Fatal Frame movie, though I thought it was a boring slog

I don't think 8 would really work as a kids' show. 9 is more adventurous while 8 is more PMCs and military operations. At least towards the start.

Prince of Persia was pretty good. Felt like pirates of the carribean in the desert, so was pretty good time
Arcane was pretty great. I don't know if they can catch lightning 2 seasons in a row, but I sure hope so
The Zelda mangas tend to be pretty enjoyable.
I hope the TLOU show manages to be good, it's got some talent behind it, but so far videogame shows definitely are more miss than hit

I want to trust mwah the French, but I fear they will ruin this as always even though it's so easy not to. They can pretty much just straight up follow the game's plot, have some cool action and exploration scenes, maybe add some OC stuff so characters like Freya and Amarant don't feel and dropped as hard as they do in the game.
It's an easy adaptation yet I'm still sure they will ruin it

Attached: 1627263578255.jpg (495x619, 22.49K)

How will the show handle the numerous parts where the party gets split up? They just going to have a string of episodes following Garnet and Steiner before going back to episodes following Zidane? It works for a game but for a show I feel like it doesn't work at all. Shows tend to follow singular protagonists for a reason.

I don't feel it's rare for shows that have a group of main characters to have the occasional episodes or arcs when part of the group or a single character splits up and have parallel storylines than join in later again. Recent example since it's a vidya adaptation but I feel Arcane did pretty well with telling multiple storylines (though it also had the advantage of being 40 min long instead of the usual 20)

I mean the french generally do good more often than not in animation