Tron: Uprising

Did it deserve to be cancelled

Attached: tron.jpg (500x750, 32.38K)

Hard to discuss a show few people here have watched. Share a link and familiarize us.

No. Also I noticed that only Tron and Tron Uprising as shown security programs torturing programs. As we don't see it happen in Tron Legacy. Btw how come they like to torture programs. Is it simply I their programming. Or is it something that they like to do.

I watched it on stream sorry

No, and it probably wouldn’t have been cancelled had it not been for the irregular scheduling. I think only the first couple episodes were actually aired during prime time, after which it moved to a later slot, went off the air for like a month between episodes, and then slowly moved to an even later slot (midnight?).

Shame too. Great show, amazing visuals, and some of the best writing to come out of an otherwise mediocre franchise. Also Paige.

Attached: CE5383AF-35AE-4BC3-B4DD-ABF995552E60.jpg (466x302, 25.04K)

The Aeon Flux gangly animation style wasn't everyone's cup of tea but nobody can argue that the visuals weren't top notch as it got an Emmy award for it.
One strike it had against it was that it was a show with a dark tone on an obscure Disney kids channel that was doomed to fail. The other issue is that Disney gave up on Tron the second they got the rights to Star Wars. I'd love to see the show brought back for a second season to wrap up on Disney + to help wrap up the initial story arc leading to Legacy and bridge the gap before Tron Ares is released.

Attached: tron-tron-uprising-escape-from-argon-city-video-games-futuristic-wallpaper-preview.jpg (728x410, 61.51K)

It's the Best animated show ever made, no You cannot change my mind

It suffered from being tied into the stupidity of Tron: Legacy's plot and the overall weird art style which wasn't everyone's cup of tea. It did have some good aspects though.

>Daft Punk will never make a movie album again

honestly, after RAM, it's best they left it on a somewhat high note. I was dissapointed when most of Tron Uprising was just classical music, missed opportunity with what they could do in that setting.

After all, their popularity was due to nostalgia for 1 album

No Mega of the movies?

blame disney buying marvel & later star wars

?

Seeing how pages past was explored something tells me she would've found out what really happened to her friends. She probably got repurposed in the end

Also we never got a Beck vs Dyson fight, what becomes of Cyrus (as he ultimately got his wish at the end of Legacy)

No. It was really good and I was really interested to see where it was going. Great aesthetics, good action and interesting use of the computer aspect of the world. Disney buying marvel was the worst thing to happen to cartoons ever, killed this, Spectacular Spiderman.

Nah it was true kino and the best entry in the Tron franchise. I remember it being on Disney XD but rewatched on disney+ and it was fucking great

It was a fantastic show but I think the artstyle filtered a lot of people. Maybe it's shallow but I know it almost filtered me, when I first saw it I hated it but luckily I gave it a second chance and I ended up getting invested in the characters and the art style grew on me.

It didn't even deserve to exist.

I felt that way when I saw Samurai Jack for the first time as a kid. It gets some time and maturity to appreciate non-standard visuals.

>the best entry in the Tron franchise
That's honestly a very low bar to clear. The Tron fandom is 50% based on nostalgia and 50% on its (undeserved) reputation as a classic.

The original Tron is only remembered because of its unique style and how it broke a lance for CGI in movies, but the story was really basic and the lead actors had like no charisma. The newer Tron movie once again looked good but it was a stupid mess story-wise.

I've been told the video game was good but I'm not really into that stuff so whatever.

Attached: file.png (1999x1016, 1.26M)

>The newer Tron movie once again looked good but it was a stupid mess story-wise.
True but it looked and sounded absolutely fucking amazing. Till this day it's the absolute pinnacle of audiovisual design, I don't think it's possible to top that.

I don't know I was a teenager when I so Tron Legacy and I actually really like it and was sad it didn't get the franchise treatment. Its a pretty standard movie but the effects and the setting are 10/10. Which is why Tron Uprising was so good. It was probably one of the best story driven young adult animated series of the 2010s, not that's a high bar or anything

No. It's one of the better cartoons disney has ever released. One of the best in the 10s as well. Imagine thinking it was bad enough to get canned. It's not like Motorcity which was all flash either. The plots were good and a cross season story was well established.

A little from column a a little from column b. Programs are blood thirsty fuckers who enjoy the games because they were designed around the original grid which was all combative videogames. As for the torture? They need the fucking information user. TELL WE WHO THE RENEGADE IS AND THE SUFFERING ENDS WITH YOU

>sad it didn't get the franchise treatment
Considering how the movie ended I definitely believe they intended to make it into a franchise. But then we got Marvel and Star Wars and there was no (financial) reason to care about Tron anymore.

Tron:U had a better OST than Tron2. I say this as a big fan of classic Daft.

>She probably got repurposed in the end
She sent the page to Flyn junior and Beck died getting her there.

It just had more screen time so there's more variety.