Is Any Forums old enough to remember the Hanna-Barbera influence of old CN?

Is Any Forums old enough to remember the Hanna-Barbera influence of old CN?

Attached: HB.png (844x719, 728.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=35yP07SHVOg
youtube.com/watch?v=3zoCZ9AFXts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Of course! Almost everyone knows Cartoon Network, and Cartoon Network Studios specifically, is a spin-off and successor to Hanna-Barbera ever since Dexter went into production.

The Swirling Star logo for the Powerpuff Girls stays my favorite one and the one I'm the most nostalgic to.

Attached: swirling star 1998.png (1720x1360, 897.15K)

Damn what times those were. Good times.

Attached: SWAT Kats closing logo.jpg (480x360, 25.31K)

Why aren't cool cartoons a thing anymore? Instead all we get is l o l randumb or woke shit.

I just miss when shows didn't feel the need to have lore, didn't need to be anything more than what they were, didn't tell all their jokes with a nonverbal side-eye to the audience. I miss when cartoons were happily and unabashedly cartoons.

There's nothing wrong with lore, the problem comes when a show uses itas a crutch and doesn't actually bother to make the show itself enjoyable to watch.
Like KND had lore, but it never used it as a crutch, like more modern cartoons do.

There is nothing wrong with lore, it's a problem when the lore is the only interesting thing about the show and the contemporary episodes are just bad or flat-out boring.

Like gave as an example, KND is quite a lore-heavy show, but the lore isn't a crutch that Warburton & crew relied on for 90% of the times. The characters and episode stories carried themselves.

Dexter became soulless when CN Studios made the episodes. Not even Genndy could save it.

Attached: 1642962553664.jpg (2048x2304, 283.58K)

I had no idea they made a logo for Billy and Mandy and Robot Jones, the latter especially.

Both are from their pilot episodes, who were produced in 1999 (B&M) and 2000 (RJ), before Hanna's death and WB's absorption of Hanna-Barbera Productions. They were some of the studio's final outputs.

>youtube.com/watch?v=35yP07SHVOg
>youtube.com/watch?v=3zoCZ9AFXts
Fun fact: Genndy Tartakovsky was the supervising producer for both pilots.

KINO

Kenny and the Chimp had one too.

Attached: F3A41C48-6AB3-4F3C-AF7D-37AA9FE18178.jpg (1280x720, 61.75K)

Those are the same autists who kept throwing hissy fits over these episodic shows.
The minute Gravity Falls, AT, SU, and etc. started to do lore they put those shows on indefinite high pedestal in their initial releases.

Is that why they kept shoehoring old Hanna-Barbera characters? Most of which took up the entire episode.

Attached: HBk.png (1047x629, 1.02M)

Uncle Grandpa was basically that but got shitcanned and went passed everyones radar in favor of mature deep cartoons.

I honestly miss this stuff.

Time Squad killed it all

God the sounds, I can hear the sounds in my head clear as day.

Because its ugly as sin

>Literal 0 difference

Kys