Any Forums's best of 2021 - Final Results

You've waited long enough. 3 weeks later, 3 rounds of voting, and lots of archive threads later, here we are. To everyone who took part in this event I want to thank you for your time and participation. Now without further delay, I'll be announcing the results of the finals. 40 anons have voted for their favorites amongst the nominees, and after some very tight races the victors have emerged. I have 4 images containing the final results that I'll be posting, and at the end I'll share the full poll results. Starting with pic related we have:

>Best Web Animation
Helluva Boss takes the crown. The web series has a large community on this board and in the end comes out on top. Worthikids may not go home with the gold, but he does nab the silver medal and 5th place spot. Long Gone Gulch and ENA have one of the ONLY 2 ties in the entire finals for 3rd place. The student film Golden hour, which barely made the cut for nominees, beats Salad Finger by a single point for 2nd to last place.

>Best Action scene
Omni-Man vs Mark wins with a comfortable margin against Jinx vs Ekko. Invincible takes home 1st and 3rd place. Meanwhile, Amphibia's season 2 climax narrowly edges out Monkie Kid for 5th.

>Most Anticipated
Spider-Man swings into 1st over Primal and Arcane's next seasons. The first Spider-Verse was a smash hit, and it looks like the board is very eager for the sequel. Pibby, the only newcomer, tiptoes into 4th place, upsetting Hilda season 3 by 2 points. This is one-of-three categories where the winner did not have the most 1st place votes: Spider-Verse had 10 to Arcane's 11.

>Best Original IP
I told you there were some tight races. Centaurworld edges out Mitchells by ONE POINT, and 3rd through 5th place are all decided by lass than four points. Lord and Miller's new film put up a great showing, but the musical fantasy adventure is the victor today. Also worth noting that 3 of the top 4 are Netflix productions. A very dominant showing by the streaming service this year.

Attached: Best web-action-anticipated-original.jpg (10000x6000, 3.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1NjMhCIGCBBdp0P7bybdsm0pgJ8DVQ7KvVqgiJOBibXI/edit?usp=sharing
forms.gle/EzsidkrTzeR1pFdj9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now onto the character awards
>Best VA Performance
Spisak's stern, yet soft, performance as the charismatic crime lord earns him the gold. Silco's character goes through a wide spectrum of emotional scenes, from anger and intimidation to soft and father-like, and his VA did an excellent job in each one. Arcane dominates the category as Jinx's VA nabs 2nd place, trailing her surrogate father by 7 points. The Invincible adaption had a lot of great performances, and Steven's portrayal of the burgeoning superhero is no different. He settles into 3rd place. Comedy VAs get a tough break this year as the only two characters to not go through immense suffering and drama take up the last 2 spots.

>Favorite New Character
Silco takes home a 2nd gold as 2021's favorite new character. An Arcane OC, Silco is credited as a highlight of the series by many. Centaurworld has another strong showing with Wammawink, who finishes ahead the rest of the herd in 2nd place. Hit comedy Inside Job, which snuck in 2 nominees, settles their main duo into 3rd and 4th place. Katie Mitchell barely escapes Molly and last place by 3 points.

>Favorite Protagonist
Mark Grayson nabs first place with a sizeable margin in his first animated appearance. Jinx and Hilda's duel for 2nd ends goes to the blue haired bomber by 5 points. This is second-of-three categories where the winner did not have the most 1st place votes: Mark had 6 to Jinx and Horse who tied with 9. Mark had a large number of 2nd and 3rd place votes that propelled him to the top.

>Favorite Antagonist
Who doesn't love a good villain? Omni-Man obliterates the competition with a staggering 33 point lead for 1st. Favorite new character winner Silco continues his impressive performances with a 2nd place finish. Nowhere King was a fan favorite, especially with his song, and he settles into 3rd over the popular Amphibia villain. Heed's mind control powers fail to charm the voters as she slumps into last place.

Attached: character awards.jpg (6496x4272, 3.12M)

>Best Original Song
Encanto's We Don't Talk About Bruno was heavily favored going into this round, and the predictions were right as Lin-Manuel Miranda's hit song nabs the gold. Centaurworld put up a good fight with the Nowhere King's lullaby trailing in 2nd by 13 points. What Could Have Been steals 3rd place by a single vote over Taurnado. Likewise, No Big Deal edges out Arcane's intro song by a single vote as well to escape last place.

>Best Soundtrack
Encanto's critically acclaimed songs and score net the film the award for best soundtrack. Centaurworld once again puts up a good fight against Encanto but loses out by 8 points. Centaurworld and Arcane, who both had 2 nominees for best song, settle into 2nd and 3rd place respectively. Molly McGee trails into a distant 4th place, but its cheery tunes manage to elevate it over Invincible by a decent margin

>Best Art Style
Arcane's painterly art style dominates with a 26 point lead for 1st place. A real chokehold of a race went down for 2nd through 5th place which were all decided by only 9 points. In the end Helluva Boss ekes out the silver over the Hilda film in only it's 2nd category of these finals. Mitchells had an impressive mixture of animation styles and visual effects, but it settles into the back of the group by only 1 point behind Villainous, a fan favorite for its character designs

>Best Animation
It's the battle of big budgets as Arcane beats out Encanto and Mitchells. 3D animation dominates as the only 2D nominee, Monkie Kid, sits in last place

>Best Writing
Arcane ekes out 1st place from Invincible by only 4 points. Both the stories of Vi and Jinx struggling through their city's class conflicts, and Mark's rise to be a superhero and confrontation with his father were excellently written, which is why both shows sit above 3rd place by a staggering 42 points. Speaking of 3rd, Centaurworld beats out Hilda for the spot by 4 points, and Bluey escapes Villainous by 3 points in another pair of tight races.

Attached: production awards.jpg (8784x8144, 3.31M)

And finally we have the last three awards

>Best animated short/special
Big win for indie and web animators as Joel G's ENA takes the gold in a narrow victory over Adventure Time's epilogue OVA.

>Film of the Year
Disney cements it's dominance even on this board as Encanto wins over Hilda and Lord and Miller's Mitchells. Mitchells and Luca have the 2nd only tie of this event for 3rd place. Tough break for indie film fans as Summit of the Gods falls into last place, but at the very least they were only 4 points from tying for 3rd.

>Show of the Year
One single point was all that decided this year's best show. Arcane elevates over Invincible with the narrowest margin of victory. They're both excellent shows who duked it out throughout this competition. New IP winner Centaurworld takes the bronze medal in an impressive performance. Inside Job and Amphibia settles into 4th and 5th place respectively with a comfortable gap on both sides. And on the end of the spectrum 7 points separate the last 3 spots. Monkie Kid scrapes by into 6th while Villainous's long awaited first season sits in last, barely behind Molly McGee

Attached: Main Awards.jpg (10000x4280, 3.07M)

And of course, here's the bonus question. The majority voters are feeling slightly positive about the future of western animation. As promised here are the full vote tables for the finals, and the form results.
docs.google.com/document/d/1NjMhCIGCBBdp0P7bybdsm0pgJ8DVQ7KvVqgiJOBibXI/edit?usp=sharing
forms.gle/EzsidkrTzeR1pFdj9

That's everything. Once again thanks to everyone who participated in this.

Attached: bonus question.png (999x415, 25.89K)

Cool, that's a lot of shows I should watch.

>Best Action scene
Omni-Man vs Mark wins with a comfortable margin against Jinx vs Ekko.
This board is so fucking stupid.

Seems like I've been seriously sleeping on Centaurworld

What the fuck. Rigged.

>Best animation
>Arcane
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Anne vs King Andrias

Attached: 1620658733322.png (785x588, 661.34K)

I'm honestly surprised Spider-Verse won against Primal. I thought the contrarian circlerk here was too big for it too win. Also based Ena winning over adventure time and south park

sexcellent

Attached: enaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif (640x360, 782.28K)

I didn't watch the Invincible since I read all the comics and figured the show wouldn't be good enough.
Does it actually live up to some of its wins?

It's good

So this is the power of Arcane shills...

As the guy who nominated Daisy Haggard, she got higher than I thought she would, and seeing Hilda as the second best movie is pretty cool.
Otherwise, most of the results were pretty expected.

It's more comic accurate than marvel and DC and the creator of the comic worked on the show. The only problem is that they have slightly more filler about mark pointless love life. But at least mark's mom filler is really good and it is connected to the plot.

It only covers the first 12 issues or so and its an Amazon series. You do the math.

You all have shit taste and you should all kill yourselves.

Is Centaur world any good?