Tell me about European comics, how are they distributed? Do they have direct market single issues...

Tell me about European comics, how are they distributed? Do they have direct market single issues? Do they primarily sell graphic novels? Are comics more socially acceptable over there?

What are some good European comics?

Attached: photo-1608817576203-3c27ed168bd2.jpg (1000x585, 65.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micky_Maus
youtube.com/watch?v=CkGl8Zvtq1g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Like books. No. Yes. Some.
The Asterix comics are pretty cool.

Anything else? What are the most popular genres?

I'm here to learn

Attached: 1643047206265.jpg (665x756, 110.55K)

No learning

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micky_Maus
but manga and zoomers ate the sales

>Tell me about European comics, how are they distributed?
You can buy em in grocery stores, at least where I live. There are of course also nerd stores that sell way more.

murmur by lorenzo mattotti

Attached: 81f0yPdpZmL.jpg (1800x2390, 505.62K)

In the UK we basically had three main anthology books

The Beano for little kids with the main character being Dennis the Menace (different than the american one)

2000 AD a sci fi edgy anthology best known for Judge Dredd

And we used to have Viz which was edgy shit with Syd the Sexist and Two fat slags. It was basically the Norf FC meme but in comic series.Two fat slags even had it's own cartoon

youtube.com/watch?v=CkGl8Zvtq1g

The industry here is pretty much dead comics are seen as the most embarrassing shit despite all the cape shit films being massively popular. I think the Beano is still doing well as something to buy kids but aside from that there isn't much of a domestic industry here.

Eurocomics i've enjoyed:

Asterix (classic)
Gaston LaGaffe (underrated classic more for older people)
Lucky Luke (there is also a whole subgenre of italian and french Western comics that is GOAT, like marshall blueberry)

TinTin (legit incredible, also has a good movie)

Boule et Bille (more kiddy, but good)

Laureline et Valerian (scifi classic, terrible movie)

Persepolis (Maus but good, movie is good too)

Les schtroumpfs (smurfs)

Miss pas touche

>It was basically the Norf FC meme but in comic series.

really? sounds hilarious

Why do you lie?

They make comics about literally anything. Sci-fi, historical pieces, romance, fantasy, crime, etc., etc.
Ironically there's very little capeshit.

Lying about what?

Do you euros ever see capeshit trades in normal bookstores?

I'd say that Valhalla is probably one of the biggest Danish comic book series. Good comfy fun with Norse mythology

Attached: 9788756260091.jpg (500x681, 165.92K)

Our Donald Duck magazine went from 250k printed copies weekly at its height in the late 90s to cutting down to one issue every two months in 2021. Fuck zoomers and their fancy mobile games.

Attached: hr.jpg (272x400, 41.18K)

In Spain, only all the fucking time.

I haven't seen any US capeshit books in the bookstores in my city in the Netherlands. I once saw Superman: The Last God of Krypton on the shelves in my local library when I was 13, but that was also the first time.

Not in Denmark, at least not in bookstores. They just sell books. Usually don't sell a whole lot of comics in general. Comics stores have them, but they're just one category among many.
Baseret

>Persepolis (Maus but good
Persepolis is much worse than Maus.

Euro comics are a meme