Why does DC choose to do nothing with these characters?

They bought a goldmine, but instead of mining they choose to do jack shit. Why?

Attached: This_Is_WildStorm_Mark_Bagley_1600x1200.jpg (970x545, 298.82K)

Who?

Too reactionary. If you bring them back, you have to make cookie cutter bullshit that Tom King is writing

IP farming and they really hurt wanted Jim Lee

Why would that be necessary? Grayson had Midnighter as a guest star, and nighter's series had Prometheus. They weren't very cookie cutter.

IP farming?

They have token roles. In the 2000s they would have been written as they are

Wildstorm characters. DC bought WS about 20 years ago, and folded them into main cannon in n52.

They even brought Ellis back and people still didn't care. A goldmine? Maybe a dustmine.

Fair enough

Are you talking about the reboot he wrote, or something else? Because the reboot is actually really good.

Because they were worse. those books were one of the worst books to come back since the new 52.

Provide an example.

>Because the reboot is actually really good.

The reboot was awful, and killed the hype for Wildstorm better than anything. It turned a colourful and fun world into dry, dour, sexless and boring.
It's not even that it was badly written per se, it's that the idea itself was wrongheaded. There should not be a "serious" WildCATS, and there definitely shouldn't be a serious Gen13.

They should've gotten you to write it.

OP, not even Alan Moore could do a good book with them.

I've never thought about it that way. I guess i got lost in the hype story and references. Looking back, it doesn't feel much like actual Wildstorm.

Brubaker was the only one who wrote a good Wildstorm book.

Thankfully his WildCATS mini was cancelled.

>sexless
It has an implied orgy scene though

No vision, no ambition. They tried, but towards the end they broke that universe and ended it. Than they tried to incorporate it into regular DC, but failed. Than they tried a reboot, basically a Any Forums script, but it failed. Guess fan reception was bad/low and sales didnt helped either.

Funny, I pee standing.

The best I can see are Black Label books. Or a live action adaptation to spark interest and then they get something more long-term.