Reading a 2003 forum searching for why spyke disappeared from X-men evolution

>reading a 2003 forum searching for why spyke disappeared from X-men evolution
>the lot of the comments complain he’s a token
:/ so why isn’t storm considered a token? Is it because people grew up with her and any new black hero was just “token” this discussion was in 2003 and you can’t say hyper polarization of certain topics

Attached: C0D6E4FA-8549-43E1-BD8F-F2821DB3A286.png (384x288, 24.74K)

>Is it because people grew up with her
Yes.

>wypipo have always been sensitive
news at 11

Idk about all that but i can tell you spike was always a boring tryhard.
Storm it's her own thing while Spike is
"LE COOL REBELIOUS KID THAT SKATEBOARDS WOOOOOH." But more importantly his power is BORING.

>power leaves him as outcast

Cause he is marrow painted black

Attached: E1bm2xiXoAUhoeY.jpg (360x450, 36.42K)

Oh yeah toad my favorite X-men character with the cool and interesting power of being a toad :/

Attached: 8EC2CD73-8094-44B8-BAF3-8A3804FF2E21.png (600x450, 101.1K)

He was generic as fuck, and had no real personality. He could have been anybody, and was just random "generic good guy #21098120391029730912"

Now imagine if Jean was black you guys would just be saying she’s the professor painted black there’s no way to win this argument

Literally everyone of the extra kids and what was kittys personality generic teenager girl?

>Professor X's first name becomes Malcolm

He was cool. but they never took many liberties with him.

because storm is a real x-men character

Storm was cooler. Spike was kind of boring, but so was Scott.
Black male characters can't get as easily get away with being boring compared to other colored boring male characters.

Because Storm shouldn’t have nephews. They should have just made Storm a teen too and focused on her. Instead she was a boring guardian and gave all the plot lines to Spyke, an OC.

Spyke was just weird in general. Marrow was a big thing at the time in comics and Mvc2, but Spyke...he was just THE whitest-acting black kid EVER seen in cartoons, on top of being a new character. Nobody liked him: white viewers hated him for being an obvious substitution for Marrow, black viewers hated him for acting so lame. Hey...was he voiced by the kid that voiced Michael in that shitty Double Dragon cartoon?

They SHOULD have actually had Marrow on the show as Storm's ward as a favor to Calisto, or had her just sticking around to try to understand surface girls, since there was nobody in the morlocks her own age....but that would have made sense.

It's been a while but I mainly just remember this kid being annoying and kind of an asshole.

>the whitest acting black kid
And that’s a bad thing? Eurocentrism teaches us that unless a black acts a certain way he’s not black not in a Charles Barkley “other blacks expect you to act dumb and ignorant” but in a “if he’s not shilling you a mixtape or speaking in slang he’s not black” whites don’t own the chill laid back vibe or being allowed to express anger whenever they feel like it archetype
If Scotts boring that’s fine
If Evans boring well he’s just a non threatening non character? “Is he even really black?”
Everyone is allowed to be any kind of archetype regardless of racist whites who say he’s not allowed to be non threatening or triggered leftists who think it’s some form of racist sleight

Attached: 1643161618293.jpg (690x1048, 192.87K)

Ah, so a melanin enriched individual brought up with a proper education that doesn't suffer from "Ebonics" is a problem? Should we start shelling meth/cocaine/weed out of black peoples houses if they live in nice neighborhoods just to keep them sufficiently connected to their ghetto heritage?
Are you one of those people that think things white people do, like speaking their language properly, being nice to others, trying to help the disparaged, etc, are "White empowerment" things?

>him:look at this Charles Barkley quote about how other blacks are like crabs in the bucket!
>also him:Evan acts so white
Shit like this infuriates me he thinks certain traits are owned esclusively by whites and so when a non white exhibits these traits well that’s just out of character for someone like them. Whether he’s a misguided progressive or some asshole white who preaches shit like the talented tenth I could care less but that’s the privilege I speak about
Privilege is never having to ACT a certain way to fit some first look impression based on your physical traits
If Scott had acted like Evan literally no one would bat an eye or think about his nature twice but because it’s Evan a black male it’s
>damn he’s an asshole
Or
>damn he doesn’t act like other blacks

Attached: mwc5tewzfe631.jpg (750x750, 48.28K)