Did you watch any of the Crunchyroll Originals?

Did you watch any of the Crunchyroll Originals?
Do you think American animation will be able to compete with Studio Trigger and other Japanese studios?

Attached: f04.png (600x830, 429.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otfried_Preußler
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ende
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No and no

add owl house to the cheap copies and everything is fine

Only Onyx Equinox.
The lack of budget was very apparent in the animation and there was some amateurish feel to it in the writing and voice acting but the setting was cool and I did found myself invested in the characters and plot

I think trigger anime are overrated. but I have to agree with the shitposter here, it's a rip-off and it's a bad copy of the original. I don't understand why people need this. Blender is free. everything that can be done in a professional studio, can be done in blender is not that difficult

The way the first image is aliased to hell and back, it looks like the copy.

I think the netflix cyberpunk series will be able to compete with Trigger productions

Anyone with Blender can trigger animation. there are thousands of trigger copycats on youtube. the animation of these series is not better because they insist on outsourcing production

Altered Carbon was good, but it peaked on the 4th episode and it’s finale felt like a letdown in comparison.

who cares they all stole from this novel anyways.

Attached: 1374590._UY429_SS429_.jpg (429x429, 18.1K)

Little Witch Academia was the cheap knockoff to the masterpiece that is Tweeny Witches in the first damn place.

stolen from this one

Attached: dieKleineHexe.jpg (192x266, 11.45K)

Only one of the main characters is learning magic in HGS.

multiple main characters?

I should really go back to reading more books.

Of the 4 main characters, only Sage is actively learning magic at the school. Thyme knows 'old magic' but doesn't use it.
Of the minor characters besides the teachers, only Amaryllis and the black pussy know magic.

ottfried preußler stuff is just a staple for german children
didn't pick it up on my own
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otfried_Preußler
michael ende as well
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ende

Onyx Equinox, it was fun.

I was mildly interested in FreakAngels, but I've heard it was shit.

Well, kind of.
Everything is developing in iterations.
There have been clear developments in the commonly depicted tropes that enter the public consciousness that dictates the kinds of fantasy you will see.
We have seen magical schools ever since Earthsea and increasingly after Harry Potter.

thanks!

the sorcerors apprentice
and the devils mill came before it
if we trace the roots futher back

on the witchy side
we got the original german the little witch
and a british iteration

then there is the studio ghibli version based on the british one
from this we got the OP iterations I think with HGS being the shitty copy

Well Trigger is kinda low bar

This. but it should be noted that I didn't watch freak angel, the third American made anime

I'm not going to lie at first glance I thought it was a translation