Superman and Lois

I’m on episode 4, and I am amazed at how good this show is. I really didn’t expect a CW superhero show to be this good (Stargirl was technically not made by them).
It honestly feels like the first Superman adaptation in years that understands what you can actually do with Clark, and what makes him a good character.
My only complaint is Evil Kryptonians are such a boring plot line, I wish they did retread it. It feels like such a cheap way to make stakes.

Attached: 7009F67F-2D8C-42FB-B0F8-2582104CC8C6.jpg (500x750, 64.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Eu1tOQWr1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wait till you get to episode 11.

Attached: Action_Comics_1.jpg (1396x2048, 710.53K)

They really ran out of good titles for Superman shows, didn't they? Superman & Lois rolls off the tongue like forks in a microwave.

Hoping that’s a good thing. Also in episode 4, I’m loving this villain Killgrave. What a neat villain.

Yeah, the title is pretty bad, but it’s a really good show. What would be a better title, though? Lois and Clark was taken.

Outside of the obviously better effects, cinematography and setting (aka not just Vancouver at night), what I really appreciate is how much room the cast has to just – not – talk. I feel like an episode of Flash just tries to cram as much shit in as possible where plots are established and resolved in the same scene. Superman & Lois, however, are fine with sometimes just having characters not say anything for take a moment to collect their thoughts.

The drama in general is far better than shit like Flash and Arrow. Those shows always feel like teen drama shoved into superhero shows with no tact or real sense of purpose beyond filling up time. Superman and Lois really explores the difficulties of Superman in a world where he’s married and has kids, and it takes full advantage of that. It’s essentially about a good man with the world on his shoulders trying to be there for his family, and it works great. I also really like how General Lane fits into the story, and how he’s both an ally and someone who doesn’t agree with Clark.

I've found it absolutely hilarious the show with literal teens going through romance/school drama handles it all so much better than Flash, a show which features characters who are almost all in their mid 30's bitching about whose sleeping with who and whatnot.

evil kryptonians is fairly easy when the budget isn't massive. people forget that for normies, introucing a lot of the villains when they introduced Freeze, Ivy - I mean, I don't even remember Bane from it - and I knew vaugely who Ivy was but that's about it, and the Freeze I knew, I also didn't associate with that movie; I think they need to reuse Metallo, but with a different origin and a better look than SG did. That they use another person in S2 is actually promising, even if there's an association with Superman.

Since this Clark is married with teenagers, I really want to see them do a one-off episode with Maxima or Encantadora or someone like that.

While they're not my fave Superman and Lois depictions individually, (though they're still good) it's my fave Superman and Lois relationship on screen, if this makes sense.

The show honestly doesn’t seem super interested in keeping continuity with Supergirl beyond cameos. Sam Lane is virtually a whole new character, and in general it seems to ignore anything outside of the show. I say just reintroduce any villains Supergirl fucked up and roll with it.

>Hoping that’s a good thing.
Here's a small clip from it, doesn't spoil the episode.
youtube.com/watch?v=2Eu1tOQWr1E

>just reintroduce
I don't disagree - I'm just saying that from the digital first Adventures of Superman stories, I know Metallo was used often and I think he can be used well. He was interesting in STAS but I would rather they do something different, even get away from the Lex origin and he wasn't used well in SG and what few times they tried to use him in anything else, like Public Enemies.

I've come to appreciate Bitsie. Especially when we had Kate Bosworth. And I really love Amy Adams and thought she was great in MoS in all the investigative reporter stuff but I didn't buy the romance there with Henry at all and thought she was pointless in BvS and JL.

I am a huge fan of what Tyler has done but I still would like to see Routh doing an older Clark elseworld movie or mini-series for HBO Max - not necessarily Kingdom Come, but there's all sorts of great things he could do as a movie event or short series.

They can just use Crisis to explain any inconsistencies it has with Supergirl. I think the only real connection it's had so far with the rest of the arrowverse is John Diggle appearing.

>Evil Kryptonians are such a boring plot line, I wish they did retread it. It feels like such a cheap way to make stakes.

Oh, just wait. It gets worse in that regard.

I heard season two was fucking awful. What do you like about season two?

I don't think they need to explain anything. BL is gone, none of the Arrow characters will appear again unless they do make a spin-off. Gustin's only doing 15 episodes next year before that ends so no cross-over.

And I'm actually glad that Batwoman didn't cross-over with this last year - I have no problems with it, but even if it was BatMAN, I wouldn't have wanted a cross-over.

If they want to do a stunt thing for S3, they can pay Routh to do two characters (as they are doing this season and did for the Elseworld cross-over with Hoechlin), and likewise have Zach Levi come by as Captain Marvel and a few other Superman expy and do a cross-over similar to the Multiplicity arc from Rebirth where Superman across the multiverse are being captured and Prime (older) Routh and Hochelin have to save them all. They can have a LaMonica Garrett cameo in bleed space.

I’m amazed they went through an entire season without any gay characters being gay at all. Sadly they broke their streak in season 2.

What's happening with Diggle anyway? Are they finally making him Green Lantern or not?

>What would be a better title, though?
The Adventures of Superfamily

How did it happen? How did they manage to float an entire season with a good story that respects the characters and doesn't force idpol propaganda?

the writers who wanted to do that were fired

He's getting a new show where he has his team of University aged kids called Justice u