Are you excited for the upcoming Batman: Caped Crusader animated series for HBO Max/Cartoon Network...

Are you excited for the upcoming Batman: Caped Crusader animated series for HBO Max/Cartoon Network? The only things we know so far is that names like Bruce Timm and Matt Reeves are producing the series and that Ed Brubaker is the head writer. It's also rumored that Kevin Conroy will be voicing Batman. All I know is that I'm not watching jackshit unless he has purple gloves.

Attached: Batman caped crusader 1.jpg (2000x1000, 405.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

denofgeek.com/tv/batman-caped-crusader-spiritual-prequel-the-animated-series/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>It's also rumored that Kevin Conroy will be voicing Batman.
I was until I read this. Fuck! Fuck! Ah...man...

Kinda burnout on serious Batman. But as usual I have too much free time not to watch it.

I mostly am. I think it'd be cool to see it lean more into Golden/early Silver Age stuff, but I also love BatB's heartfelt use of Sprang-era Batman, which was a shorter period than most other Batman.

Attached: istockphoto-877717890-1024x1024.jpg (914x1024, 524.23K)

Not really. But I hope it's good. I don't like how they're doing the art deco style again but ehh it could still be good.

I'm a bit bummed since I liked the last Batman cartoon before it and they treated it horribly. I'll keep an open mind and check it out, at least.

I don’t trust modern DC

denofgeek.com/tv/batman-caped-crusader-spiritual-prequel-the-animated-series/

>“the way we deal with the characters is going to be quite a bit more modern in terms of inclusivity and representation,” which is very exciting as it will undoubtedly provide cool ways to refresh classic characters and tell new types of stories with them.

It is going to be CRINGE.

>JJ Abrams is in charge
>the man who ruined Star Wars and Star Trek
Pass.

boo hoo there are more black and asians walking around gotham city what a shame

>jj abrams
If catwoman isn't race changed I'll allow a little bit of hope for it

he's in charge of producing it with like 3 other people. He's not writing it nor is he directing it

We have enough DCAU wank already, this company should put more time into fixing their fucking comics

It's pointless to reason with insane people.

comics have and always will be shit

The comics are shit and so are the live action movies. The only time they ever do anything of remote quality is animation such as the direct-to-video movies and the occasional show.

>More Batwank
No. DC has like a million superheroes, give me something other than Batman.

why do you hate Conroy?

That is not a good sign.

He also produced Lovecraft Country and it was garbage.

finally a return to noir serious mode batman
hopefully none of the robins show up to ruin the aestetic

Attached: '.jpg (600x910, 100.17K)

>finally a return to noir serious mode batman

We just had that in Beware the Batman.

Maybe they'll make the street gangs Batman fights demographically accurate.

Not him but Conroy was a mistake in Justice League Action. Just listen to the voices on headphones without looking at the cartoons while streaming any set of clips from YT - you can tell it's an old man. Sometimes small bits are okay (the exchanged powers/Grodd episode) but even with those you can hear the 'old man' in his voice which doesn't work if he's the Bruce that's actively being the kind of Batman they portrayed in BTAS, the DC Animated movies, etc. Fillion is already sounding long in the tooth as Hal, for that matter, so it's not an anti-Conroy thing.

BTAS was 40 years ago. The man is the age of your FUCKING grandfather. Yes, he's still a good voice actor but not to be doing the part of action characters in their 20s/30s.

>TAS but more pozzed
lmao