Jed Mckay and Christopher Cantwell

>Jed Mckay and Christopher Cantwell
>Hacks that have really only written Marvel capeshit in their life and have never been awarded anything
"YOO, Mckay and Cantwell are some of the best writers around! They wrote Moon Knight and Dr. Doom, they are amazing!"

>N.K. Jemisin and Ram V
>Very accomplished writers that have been recognized by multiple writing bodies as some of the best of their generation
"Why is DC giving books to writers like Jemisin? No wonder they don't have good books!"

So, is it easier to be praised here if you write Marvel stuff?

Attached: captain_buggin_out.jpg (1536x2048, 393.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/talent/nk-jemisin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1643645602589.jpg (1194x1500, 118.64K)

Jemisin wrote something after Far Sector?

Also people here love Ram V

>Also people here love Ram V
Only after he started writing Venom, ironically one of his weakest books.

He got no recognition of These Savage Shores, The Swamp Thing or Catwoman.

>dccomics.com/talent/nk-jemisin
She only wrote Far Sector, mate. And Ram V is well-liked. I don't remember anyone storytiming Cantwell's Dr Doom, but people here hate him for his current Iron-man run. Mckay is iffy because he made that weird Taskmaster mini.

What did Ram V write besides capeshit

>She only wrote Far Sector, mate.
That puts her pretty ahead of the competition.

Cantwell made one of my favorite shows but all of his comics are bad, McKay panders to twitter trannies, nobody actually reads books from the black or brown you listed

Ram V managed to pull Justice League Dark out of whatever bullshit Tynion was doing so I have to give him credit for that.

These Savage Shores

Any Forums was too busy jerking off to "Cosmic Ghost Rider" to notice it.

not that user but don't move the goalpost. I'm fairly sure McKay and Cantwell have done more than a single title. Far Sector was hard carried by its art

I think Cantwell is shit, I like, Jemisin and Ram V. Any Forums doesn't really discuss a writer unless one autist gets butthurt by that certain writer (In this case it's OP).

And yes, Jemsin has written acclaimed novels but that's not the same thing

Go and circlejerk to /lit/ about it then.

Yep and so has Coates but his comic work still sucks ass.

Jemisin was and is acclaimed for writing fiction. She is the most awarded Sci-fi writer of the century.

Coates wrote two non-fiction books about his experience as a black man. It's not nearly the same thing.

>So, is it easier to be praised here if you write Marvel stuff?
Shut the fuck up. Lurk the fuck more. Go to Any Forums if you want company wars shit.

Focus on books you LIKE rather than trying to start idiotic slapfights with other anons.

Because his Catwoman is terrible. Nobody gives a shit about Alleytown or those shitty orphans. Fuck them all.

And what does that have to do with Far Sector being a generic fusion of murder mystery and revolution carried by art? Previous prose books aren't a comic.

The worst issue of Ram V's Catwoman is better than the best issue of McKay's Black Cat.

Guess which one this board worships.

>The worst issue of Ram V's Catwoman is better than the best issue of McKay's Black Cat.
>Guess which one this board worships.
Worships? Are you on drugs user? Has EITHER of those even gotten enough hype to be storytimed?

Many Deaths of Laila Starr, which has gotten a bit of press from the trade selling out from Diamond before release and from most comic shops very shortly after.

>Has EITHER of those even gotten enough hype to be storytimed?
Black Cat was.

not that user. Black Cat's an almost 50 year old character with a lot of pull through adaptations and recurring appearances, but very few ongoings. it's not that surprising that after McKay's 2019 run was well-received, people would do the same for 2020. it's not a sign of overly worshipping the creator, just normal acknowledgement of liking something

It was a shit comic.

You are literally saying that this board loved Mckay's Black Cat while Ram V's Catwoman wasn't even acnowledged.

I'm sure that it was also storytimed, but it's not like there's overlap between every cat-themed character in existence. the ones talking about one weren't necessarily going to talk about the other.