MORRISON and BKV Join Substack, HICKMAN Begins Next Phase

Today Grant Morrison launched XANADUUM where unpublished work over the decades will be posted, drawings, photos and other ephemera, musings, as well as new original comic book stories.

Hickman, Del Mundo, and Huddleston's 3W/3M starts a new phase, as the comics kick into high gear, and physical copies of a 180 page print editions (including the work of Al Ewing and others) go out to annual subscribers, free. They've spent months publishing background material on systems and fleshing out the world, and it seems like it picks up in earnest now.

BKV and artist Nico Henrichon have also started a Substack called Exploding Giraffe. About which I know nothing, as frankly, I've spent too much on Morrison and Hickman's to even consider another subscription for like the next year. But seeing as his Private Eye was great and the Canadian one was pretty good on his proto pay-what-you-want Substack years ago, it'll probably be solid as well.

Attached: https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_ca75b211-ffab-44ed-8ecf-71d3f2306cdc_813x898.jpg (813x898, 121.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grantmorrison.substack.com/
3w3m.substack.com/
explodinggiraffe.substack.com/
archive.is/1JY6T
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

grantmorrison.substack.com/

3w3m.substack.com/

explodinggiraffe.substack.com/

You can check em out with free trials and free posts and such to get an idea. Morrison's first comic launches Wednesday.

Attached: https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_87e00b32-b649-4876-87ee-46e8300e4b52_1891x1407.jpg (1456x1083, 328.09K)

Hey, that's cool.
Thanks user.

>Morrison's first comic launches Wednesday.
Any details?

Not too much yet
>Then be with us on Wednesday as our tiptoe through the creaking door into the haunted house begins with episode 1 of ‘In Xanaduum…’ – a new and original comic book story by Your Humble Narrator and Droogie!

archive.is/1JY6T

>Ticking off outstanding commitments to monthly comic books during 2020 and early 2021, freed up some time to catch up on offers I’d been putting off for decades and after twenty years and three false starts, enabled me to finally finish that novel I’d been promising my brilliant book agent Peter McGuigan at Ultra Literary! It’ll be out later this year.

>Otherwise, I spent 2021 deep in development with two TV shows based on well-known, non-genre literary classics.

>Also have exec producer credits on a couple of very interesting projects but other than that the general anxiety of PR departments means that’s all I can probably say for now!

>Those of you paying attention, may wonder where the long in-development Invisibles series fits into this flurry of televisual activity…

>Sadly, as of this moment, The Invisibles is once more in limbo with a pretty great pilot draft. Feel free to watch this space although holding your breath may be inadvisable!

>What else? Somewhere in the background I’m working on some new comics, more prose and an indie film adaptation of a famous horror novel with my mate, the young actor and director Jack Reynor

Attached: https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_913876e1-a157-4996-ac7c-bd6653dadaec_1182x1769 (1).jpg (1182x1769, 484.27K)

So is he writing and drawing this comic?

The art half is vague right now.

Is substack saving comics?

Time will tell. I will say, it's made me actually spend the money I don't when I pirate comics, like Green Lantern or X-Men. In the hope that it breaks the Big 2 monopoly and as it's actually pretty cool to have a sort of direct line to these creators without a middle man. I'm not a founding tier subscriber for Hickman, but he's gonna be having meals and chilling w/ them and stuff lol. They publish what they want, when and how they want. Del Mundo's done a bunch of live draws where you can get on and shoot the shit with him and Hickman and have a dialogue, and he even takes input into designs of lead characters and stuff. It is an expense, but so far it seems way more fan oriented than the usual mode.

Actually, maybe yeah

Attached: F35406A4-592E-4377-87AD-B5699317556C.jpg (1706x746, 187.26K)

sounds an awful lot like a patreon grift to me

What would the grift be? I think the risk would be they lose interest or publish infrequently? Without editorial breathing down their necks I guess.

why doesn't this bitch go back to Marvel. Jemas is long gone. Why is this bitch afraid of going?

>but he's gonna be having meals and chilling w/ them and stuff lol
There's just something about this... something sick.

>Hickman, Del Mundo, and Huddleston's 3W/3M starts a new phase, as the comics kick into high gear, and physical copies of a 180 page print editions (including the work of Al Ewing and others) go out to annual subscribers, free.
Will this be the first physical release of a Substack comic?

>3 threads

i think there are shills on this site

Because Marvel sucks.

>Morrison has to write a comic where he isn't just bitching at editorial

Any Forums officially has shills

>Immortal Hulk is the greatest comic of the 21st century
>YASS KWEEN SLAY MAKE MINE MARVEL
>Hey there's this thing called substack where writers and artists can do creator owne-
>FUCK YOU SHILLS! SHILLS

I'm not sure but it sounds pretty neat, and makes the expense of the annual subscription, which I did get on sale anyway, a bit more palatable as it'll be nice to actually hold something in my hands. Hope Morrison follows suit in some way eventually. I'm not a "founder" tier but they're getting a whole bunch of shit. Prints, ashcans, cards, a fucking coin, all signed.

“substack letting artists livestream” is not the comics gamechanger you think it’ going to be.

>Substack letting
lol what? What do you imagine this to mean. It's not a publisher as such, it's a platform, there's no "letting" involved. And it's not revolutionary, as artists have been doing it in various forms on social media, but it is a chill way to pass the time for 90 minutes, watching a character be created for the first time, having your questions answered, in a sort of mellow private community of 200 ppl or something, sans shitposters. It's a nice little bonus.

Aaaand bought. I can't pass this up.

Might also sub to Hickman's thing honeslty.

>Here's a bunch of cards with funny characters on them
>BROOOO THESE CAN BE WORTH MILLIONS
>And here's the same thing in digital form
>SCAM! SHILL! HOW MUCH MONEY YOU LOSE, BRO?!
None, for the record.