Horror Animation

Can we have a thread about animation whose theme is terror? To start the thread recommend this short My Little Goat:

youtube.com/watch?v=glfUgPw34LI

Youtube is being a cunt so they got rid of the English subtitles but the comments translate what little dialogue there is in there. Also here's a classic Sandman:

youtube.com/watch?v=UjgHbRrnjhU

How come we don't see much horror animation? Animated content like Coraline is rare. Anyway all scary content is welcomed here.

Attached: My Little Goat.png (670x923, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aw0uORumRts
youtube.com/watch?v=jv4uiR3Aew8&feature=emb_title
youtube.com/watch?v=8srEvrF90-s&feature=emb_title
youtube.com/watch?v=BHsu6ufDfYo
youtube.com/watch?v=SUdfQRl_iS0&feature=emb_title
youtube.com/watch?v=KdalB5nxSrU&feature=emb_title
youtube.com/watch?v=4qPv0Pyz-oA
youtube.com/watch?v=DXY71hCkLCE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SHR6IFxnbdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.

The fuck?

Really enjoyed The House.

Rosa is love.

PUI PUI Molcar was great
Not horror, I just liked it

Attached: watch the show or this molcar gets it.jpg (1200x675, 95.71K)

Mom is hawt...for sheep. I'm a goat man.

>Tokyo University of the Arts
Wrong board. Also I'm not surprised Japs are behind something that looks like Sylvanian Families, they really do have on aesthetic, constantly mixing "cute" and implied underage rape into everything.
>How come we don't see much horror animation?
Horror is already niche. It makes money but not ALL the money and the only people interested in it are too into blood and guts to be tolerable to talk to.

Attached: corpse bride.png (800x432, 429.79K)

Huh? so it's just the 3 little pigs but with goats?

It's a different fairy tale called The Wolf and the Seven Young Goats collected by the Brothers Grimm.

Man, i can never watch this again. I feel so fuckin' terrible for the big sister.

And a allegory about parent rape?

Is the Mother Goat in trouble with the law? She murdered a man, yes he's a criminal, but the sound of helicopters near the end implies maybe the cops are searching the area and she committed murder and kidnapping. She could lose both the human boy she forcefully adopted and her biological family. This needs a sequel.

As a horror fan the reason a studio dips into horror is either
>They like the script
>They like the guy behind the screenplay and have a deductible tax haven to exploit
>They are cheap to make and already own the property so minimum investment pays off in dvd or merch sales
>They are a guy that made it in the industry after a long grind and this was their pet project

Animation is expensive so that leaves us with the last one as the main drive for horror made for children to exist and maybe the second if they want to renew the ownership of something they own, we are at a time that paying c class extras to play a role and using cheap CGI in a cheap filming location is less expensive than hiring 20 Korean apes to draw a cartoon even if there's an audience

and this is why we have the right to bare arms

Attached: 5e0a629427b55293cba45df77b40715c.jpg (278x289, 24.24K)

Also apparently a doujin about a Wolfman getting railed by a femboy goat, sometimes I'm amazed at what Japan can produce

Thanks for sharing OP, that was good

Having it be grade school japanese (which I understood adequately because of weeb cartoons) and grade school french (which I understand well) made it pretty distracting

Oh hey, I loved My Little Goat. I'm glad to see it mentioned here, that animator is very talented. I'll throw my hat in by sharing this old animated short that I remember watching a long time ago. youtube.com/watch?v=Aw0uORumRts

Attached: 1545766418505.png (780x958, 90.51K)

Did Red Riding Hood also do something similar with the scissors in some versions?

Horror and animation are a terrible fucking combination and it's never scary EVER.
Horror anime is always laughably bad, and horror cartoons are usually impossible to take seriously.

Horror requires a lot of grounding, and animation out of the gate removes that.

Pleasant Inn
youtube.com/watch?v=jv4uiR3Aew8&feature=emb_title

Hey shiki had best doctor, that was enough for me

Who’s Hungry?
youtube.com/watch?v=8srEvrF90-s&feature=emb_title

Foxed
youtube.com/watch?v=BHsu6ufDfYo

youtube.com/watch?v=Aw0uORumRts

youtube.com/watch?v=SUdfQRl_iS0&feature=emb_title

Is the Mother Goat insane? She thinks that human boy is one of her goat offspring.

youtube.com/watch?v=KdalB5nxSrU&feature=emb_title

youtube.com/watch?v=4qPv0Pyz-oA

There's a man in the woods
youtube.com/watch?v=DXY71hCkLCE

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SHR6IFxnbdE

Maybe she is trying to protect the kid from the ‘wolf’?

Could be part of the metaphor.

Steve Reviews did a video on this. Glad to see more people finding out about this short.

She's a woman user she'll be fine.

Alma is well made. Good build up.

You're thinking of the woodcutter/woodsman who killed the wolf and/or pulled the women out of its stomach depending on version.
A lot of old folk tales have recurrent themes, or rather the popular ones travelled but were changed with each retelling, like how Disney's retelling of old tales always changes things, with lately it being more dramatic and out of touch with the last version of the tale bar superficial elements (Rapunzel).

I was always freaked out by that animated music video where the kids go into an indoor pool and get eaten by monsters.

That image is so stupid thats like freaking out because your leather jacket is technically made out of skin.

Maybe the wolves learned to pilot helicopters?