I hope you can see this

...because I've been doing it as hard as I can for the past 15 years.

Attached: a24f068eef98a4b3.png (468x408, 191.03K)

I lie awake some nights thinking about this. What would have happened to Cartoon Network if the Boston Bomb Scare never happened? Would things have petered out anyway, and this just brought the Cartoon Cartoon era to a close prematurely? How many cartoons would never have even been conceived without this event fundamentally reshaping Cartoon Network? For that matter, did it even have that big of an impact at all, or were the events that followed already in motion and this became a convenient scapegoat? It boggles my mind how one little advertising stunt gone wrong seemingly reshaped western television animation at large.

All I can think about regarding this incident is how incompetent Bostonians are.

Menino. Fucking Menino. Dude was dumber than a bag of hammers.

the big question: would we have gotten Rick & Morty if the bomb scare hadn't happened?

If this hadn't happened, then the president of CN wouldn't have changed, meaning that CN Real would have never happened, meaning that Craig Mccracken and a bunch of other CN Alumini wouldn't have left for other work.

I think with the rise of streaming and the downfall of cable TV due to it the effects from this event have been mostly mitigated (by that I mean TV networks would have been grasping for straws to keep people's interest whether this happened or not),

and Adventure Time (Another meaningful show that influenced serialization, storytelling and the art styles of many shows to this day) would have still happened boston or not,

but for the next 10 years it certainly still left an impression. Even today; Gurella marketing is almost non-existant because of this.

The Cartoon Cartoon era already ended in 2004, Evil Con Carne was the last one. Camp Lazlo, Juniper Lee, Ben 10, Class of 3000, etc. were not called Cartoon Cartoons, just CN Originals, probably because they no longer had the Hanna-Barbera influence.

Moral of the story: Boston ruined everything forever for everyone.

Reminder that these were up for weeks in other states before Boston and NOBODY CARED.

What

>Be humanity
>See LED board
>OMG IT LE BOMB!!!! AAAAAAAAAAA
If ayy lmaos are real, I hope they fucking nuke us.

Lite brite, turn on the magic of sharia!

Watch it!

Attached: Boston_Mayor_Thomas_M_Menino.jpg (JPEG Image, 294x300 pixels)_1261030261214.jpg (263x274, 17.37K)

*mumbling intensifies*

Attached: Boston Mayor Mumbles Menino_12202009.jpg (315x275, 63.55K)

Rick and Morty should do an episode where they go back in time to destroy the lite brites before those guys had the chance to hang them up in Boston

I was home after college and thinking of visiting friends in Boston / Cambridge that day. Whelp. I woke up and heard on the radio that Boston had been put on lockdown due to suspicious devices found across the city.
Then I saw on the TV that it was fucking Mooninites.

Attached: Batman moonin.jpg (150x150, 6.78K)

I have no idea what this is referencing. I recognize the dude from Aqua Teen but what Boston bomb thing?

A day that shall live in infamy.

Attached: 1170300911794.jpg (2048x1536, 638.75K)

Attached: 1170288831925.jpg (2048x1536, 621.88K)

oh and they travel back to the present only to see it’s even more of an apocalyptic hellscape than it already is since the scare actually prevented a real terrorist attack from happening that same day

I honestly think the Boston government and police were more prideful than incompetent. Sure, they fucked up by not identifying the devices correctly, but then when they were pointed out they were wrong and they were just marketing ploys, they felt humiliated and doubled down on their scare-mongering until they were forced to admit they weren't bombs, and THEN guilted Times Warner into apologizing and paying up.