Why don’t cartoons use the trope of a character’s eyes bulging out as much anymore?

Why don’t cartoons use the trope of a character’s eyes bulging out as much anymore?

Attached: 0111FB4F-4907-49B0-B6CC-77FB836A9C29.gif (498x272, 1.86M)

Because every new cartoon wants to be mature and have deep lore and continuation like anime that’s what normies want.

Most old cartoons didn't do that. it became a trope in the 1950s and was abandoned in the 1950s as well

Acrylictoon is that you?

Attached: 1639685353139.jpg (498x594, 24K)

We've already got a wildtake thread, wait until that one dies, leach

its easier to stay on model with pre rendered assets

Did you come from the SpongeBob thread?

He probably did, looks like the zoomers in there are losing their minds.

Most of these ''tropes'' died early. acting got more realistic after the 40s, even wacky people like avery started using realistic acting

because they use the star eyes for everything now for some reason

Faggot

Wait, what the fuck? I just wanted to make a thread about a golden age cartoon trope, what happened?

Low IQ/bad joke/not a relevant metaphor
Okay so only one of those is the reason
>mature
>deep lore
>continuation
>like anime
Well they certainly want to be like anime but none of those things describe anime unless deep lore is a post-ironic way to describe "Remember when character did that thing? In my headcanon that means they did other thing" or "This was the womb tattoo this character wore when they were brutally murderraped, so if I see it on other characters that means it's a reference because the first place I see something is where it was invented"

they still do that

Attached: booba-twitch.gif (498x395, 2.11M)

There is a fetish for this sort of cartoonishness or cartoony reactions, apparently called wildtake. This is being "discussed" by people expressing their befuddlement a few threads over.

I can tell you don't watch anime.

>checks
God damnit
Maybe I should’ve picked another night for this thread
Didn’t need to see that

Attached: 85F46276-A340-4017-90D6-7D9D03E06934.jpg (640x487, 49.76K)

This is probably the worst timed thread in the history of Any Forums lmao

>It's not actual discussion because I say so
Not how it works

Maybe that's why you don't see that trope anymore.

And you do?
How's the isekai