JSA Storytime: Warp!

Good evening owls and robofuckers,

I think this kind of peters out, but

Attached: Warp 010-00FC.jpg (1004x1521, 357.02K)

Attached: Warp 010-00ifc.jpg (952x1406, 241.57K)

Hello, Storyteller.

"For marketing purposes, we named the game Trails to Azure. Internally, we still call it Trails to ZX Advent." ... Motherfucker. Oh yeah, by the way, Trails update. Let's get back to it.

So this is kind of an interesting setup, having the main team split up for a while so we can develop the secondary members a bit more.

Oh, how I missed the hilarious villains of this series. I love how Earnest explicitly turns into a bootleg version of the final boss from last time. What a chump.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! Holy shit, I was not expecting fucking Kevin to show up. I guess it makes sense, since the Brights were major players last time. Also, hi, Ries!

All this backstory for Noel. I always liked her, so it's cool that we get to know more about her and Fran. I like how she's the teammate who takes it way too seriously.

Y'know what else I missed? The extremely anime opening sequences. Most series would be afraid of people making fun of this, but Trails wears it on its sleeve and dares you to say something.

And that's it or the prologue, on to chapter 1.

HI CRANKY Azure is good

Attached: Warp 010-01.jpg (968x1411, 251.11K)

get your recapitulation of the story here

Attached: Warp 010-02.jpg (952x1422, 220.15K)

Hrm. I don't know how I feel about Revache being defunct. It feels like their defeat in Zero wasn't definitive enough for them to be completely done after only a few months. We'll see.

I am looking extremely forward to the international trade conference. The presence of several world leaders means we'll likely see Kloe and Ollie again, and that'll be fun.

Mayor Crois is not suspicious at all. There is absolutely no way he will turn out to be an antagonist of any sort, given that he is giving off vibes of a previous villain. Totally on the level.

Incidentally, there is absolutely nothing suspicious about Orchis Tower. The fact the new city hall is a massive spire with spikes on the summit is not ominous, and is totally not a dungeon.

I admit, I don't quite understand this master quartz mechanic. Essentially, the quartz itself levels up, but I'm not sure why you'd want that.

Gotta say, I always had mixed feelings about Wazy at best, but he really works as the token asshole member of the team. Also, I can't tell if he's flirting with everyone as a joke or not.

Hi, Grace! Goddamn, I missed you. Although, I do wish you'd be a bit more careful when taking shit to a triad leader's face. I worry she's going to get kidnapped or something.

MQs get abilities as you use them/level them, and the right one on the right person, hooo

They'll be in CS as well

Attached: Warp 010-03.jpg (962x1406, 234.37K)

I dread the day we will inevitably have to fight Lecther. You just know that he's got all sorts of wierd powers and shit.

Okay no. What the fuck is this scene? This Shirley chick just straight up groped Elie. And the game plays it off like a joke even though she rightfully points out that this is a crime. The hell.

So I'm gonna assume that this imposing giant dude is Randy's evil dad we briefly heard about in Zero. Mostly because he looks like an older Randy, and is obviously a jaeger.

Yo, we got our own car now, let's fucking GOOOOOOOOO!!! I love how the game plays this up, like the devs knew this would be hype. Also, hi, Randy! You seem pretty chill.

Actually, speaking of the car, it's noted how odd the ZCF making cars is. I hope it's explained why they went into automobile production, cause that's interesting.

I'm genuinely happy that Ries is here, cause she's an underrated character. Also, it seems she's not necessarily investigating D^G? Kevin did mention 'snakes' earlier, soooooo.

Oh dear, KeA's a genius math nerd who's attendin older kid classes now. Simultaneously feeling pride and concern, what with the whole 'evil cult thinks she's a god' thing.

Tio! Best girl calling in on orbal skype. That rules, but I can kinda see where some fans complain that tech moves a bit too fast. Apparantly, CS has laptops and smartphones.

So is it just me, or is there a lot gay subtext in this one? Mariabell simping for Elie, Wazy and Wald's break up, Wazy hitting on damn near everyone...

In today's edition of 'NPCs who are too interesting to not have a character portrait', we have the mother-daughter black market arms dealer team of Ashleigh and Jingo!

So one of the mandatory story quests is to play Tio's boss at a round of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. Trails is a lot of things, shameful is not one of them. Unironic golf clap.

Also, video games are now a thing that exist on Zemuria. They even have good netcode! Orbal engineers understand the importance of rollback. Please let this somehow be a boss fight later.

WELP. Campanella and his creepy Professor Crowler lookin' ass friend are here, which means the snakes are officially in Crossbell. It's always the second game, huh?

Okay, so you just straight up get new skills from it. That's the part I needed confirmation on.

Ffxiv

We back on Azure now? NICE.
Trying to sort out in my head what happened in which game so I don't spoil anything
What was interesting for me is I played it after Cold Steel, which happens concurrently with Azure.

Shirley is unfortunately very squick and out of place, though admittedly she's also very funny when she's not being the obligatory sekuhara character modern anime have to have

I am good at tetris and very, very bad at pom

Attached: Warp 010-04.jpg (968x1422, 252.43K)

HI TEX when you get to level 70 lemme know and I'll take you to Eureka

Attached: Warp 010-05.jpg (962x1411, 252.6K)

BURST MODE. Okay, now this is a mechanic I can get behind. Gotta love how it's so broken that it's explicitly restricted to when the plot says you can use it.

Yay, Randy's back! And okay, it was his uncle. His cousin Shirley is still a weird creep, and I really wish the game would stop pretending that was funny, cause it wasn't.

Okay, and that's all my notes on Chapter 1. Yeah, Azure's pretty good so far. Lots of intrigue and fun stuff. Getting through Chapter 2 right now, and will have notes on it later.

I didn’t think we were on tonight!! Glad I checked

HI

Attached: Warp 010-06.jpg (957x1401, 228.99K)

Damn y’all talking JRPGs where I don’t have shit to say

You actually get a new character to play Not Puyo Puyo with each chapter, and the last one is super hard.
I'm a sucker for "getting the band back together" stories in sequels

I think I'm nearing the end of HW, I'd probably be caught up were it not for my compulsive need to do every side quest I see
Also reading a lot of lore online

Yeah, Shirley's not uninteresting, but...that trope...

Eureka is post-SB but it'll always be there

Attached: Warp 010-07.jpg (963x1401, 234.74K)

I am also not good at moving puzzle games. Just not built for it. And yeah, sorry it took so long to get to Azure. Just kept holding it off and forgetting.

>What was interesting for me is I played it after Cold Steel, which happens concurrently with Azure.
Yeah, I had heard about that. I do wonder how that's going to play out when CS rolls around.

>Shirley
Ah. So unfortunately, that's not gonna stop, huh? Oh well.

Attached: Warp 010-08.jpg (968x1412, 256.66K)

so, it's a threesome?

Attached: Warp 010-09.jpg (968x1396, 247.56K)

Attached: Warp 010-10.jpg (968x1401, 228.21K)