Is Kelly Thompson's Captain Marvel any good?

Is Kelly Thompson's Captain Marvel any good?

Attached: 590F5DC4-5356-4792-AE3B-97239E5F27E0.jpg (1821x2800, 789.35K)

You know the answer you are going to get by posting this here.

I enjoy it.

No.

It's serviceable, covers the necessary beats for anyone that wants to read about Carol and keeps the status quo from the start of the run in place so other writers can use her without issue. The only really notable things are the introduction of Star as a new properly irredeemable villain and actually using the vox character as a nemesis for Carol instead of letting him disappear into obscurity.

Most of it's been okay for me. We'll see how she caps off The Last of the Marvels.

At this point I'm on the fence where I maybe would take a chance on another writer who might do something daring, but I had a good time and also don't mind seeing what Thompson does next. Not the worst place to be.

Fuck yeah it is

Attached: FKFIys1WQAASKfp.jpg (1078x1071, 166.55K)

>Thompson refuse to end the awful relationship with Rhodey
So no

She tried like most of the writers.

Attached: D9378770-9397-4ACB-9383-F91A9B912282.jpg (1568x2224, 1.74M)

Next story should just be about Jess and Carol. Feels like she's around a lot, but nothing too personal.

It's written by a woman, so no.

None of Carol's supporting vast feels personal

They are all just there to be catty girlfriends for Carol. Jessica, Monica, Hazmat, not one of them does anything but take turns dropping sassy one liners

For Valentine's Day

Attached: D6PokXeX4AI18V2.jpg large.jpg (1333x900, 161.24K)

Carol has never had good stories, user.

it's better than the other Carol captain marvel runs, however, this is a very low bar that the best comparison would be the comparing to the highest mountain in Denmark it is still very low.

Thompson doesn't really use them that way, sure. It's usually Carol on her own or the cast is suddenly full of these other peeps like when she goes into the future and meets all the kids and Emma.

Most everything has been mediocre, with a couple actually fun issues.
First story arc was kinda bad though.

Frankly, I think Thompson didn't chose this book, but was assigned to it because she was the only somehow successful female writer they had on board back then.
It's quite evident she doesn't really have ideas for it.

Her Black Widow is MUCH more inspired.

Nah Carol's been better than Nat
Captain Marvel should've won the Eisner

Attached: Ej7yAglXYAEXlyl.jpg (1089x1200, 195.1K)

I don't agree, but to each their own.

also, I think her Rogue&Gambit and Mr.&Mrs. X were their absolutely best books, R&G was pretty much perfect.

pretty much the only good thing out of the dumpster fire that was the Kree retcon.
Which was not Thompson's fault.

Thompson is as bad as Tynion when it comes to OCs

It's a disaster
she only works with artists that are aligned with her, no woman in sexy poses can't be THICC
it's pathetic that she doesn't even put villains and heroines in sexy costumes and the stories are terribly bad one of the weakest points is that she wants to make Captain Marvel even more overpowered it's a cocktail of how not to do comics