Movie completely forgotten

>movie completely forgotten

Attached: InfoboxBrave.jpg (2000x2963, 817.38K)

I watched this again last week. It reaffirmed my long-held belief that I really liked Merida's character and wish they'd given her a better movie. Brenda Chapman leaving/getting fired partway through production really screwed the end product. That silly Brother Bear plot ripoff was lame, even though I like almost everything else about the movie - voice acting, animation, music were all good to great.

Attached: B Merida 01.jpg (1536x1536, 390.87K)

user if you wanted to talk about it why didn't you just make a thread asking to talk about it

Imagine being betrothed to her

Do you think it wouldn't have happened if Frozen never came out? Seems like having the conventionally attractive Disney girls just shifted focus away from Merida.

Great sex and epic arguments. Both would require living in a stone structure that won't easily be broken so lucky for them they do.

That might be part of it but desu Brave isn't that great a movie story-wise. Tangled came out years before Brave so would be even more likely to be forgotten once Frozen came out but it's not - because Tangled's story is not only quite strong (if traditional) but clever (and in some non-traditional ways). Brave had a very traditional storyline (teenage rebellion against parental authority) but handled it in such a stupid derivative way that it's not just forgettable but people want to forget it.

regardless of its flaws, Brave is still far better than most CG films released in the mid 00s (Robots, Chicken Little, Ant Bully, Open Season, Flushed Away, Meet the Robinsons, etc)

When Pixar embraced mediocrity.

Favourite Disney-Pixar film bar maybe Ratatouille.

let's not pretend Toy Story 2, Cars and Ratatouille were great films

>this is a spitting image of my little sister and its creepy
i wont forget this movie user, ever.

True but I still left the theater disappointed - Brave had so much talent and potential. It's like the right blocks were all there but the filmmakers couldn't figure out how to put them together. I agree it's better than most animated film but as your list indicates that's not particularly a high bar. Sadly.

Having your protagonist feed her mother a brainwashing pie given to her by a stranger in the woods was a really weird and makes her unlikable. Especially when you consider she probably had the most comfortable life possible for the time period and location

It could have been a fantastical adventure into Fae realms and the antagonistic force could have been more than a man turned into a big angry bear

It was better than Encanto

Ratatouille was pog you must have tastebuds in your ass

Does she live in London? Or Glasgow?

Yeah the stakes weren't exactly equal: Merida listens to her mother and marries and (maybe) is unhappy for the rest of her life, but she'd at least still be human. Or she could permanently turn her mother into a bear to get her way. I get that teenagers don't think things through and can be selfish to the extreme but there had to be a better way to make that point without making Merida look like a sociopath. Granted the resolution was good - Merida uses her mother's teachings to talk her way through a crisis but yeah my biggest complaints about this film all have to do with plot and what that means for the characterizations.

Yeah the wisps were just a plot device and that was disappointing (a long list of disappointments about this movie lol). And I thought having the witch Merida meets be the same witch who created Mordu was crazy coincidence to the point of being silly.

>Especially when you consider she probably had the most comfortable life possible for the time period and location
I remember touring some castles in the UK years ago and it really hit home that they were basically the luxury homes of the times, but the living conditions were still brutal by modern standards.

Should have been a Welsh princess. Scatland sucks.

Why is there just some witch in the Scottish hinterlands turning people into bears?

Is that her solution to everything?

>"My child is sick!"
Now he's a bear and won't be sick from human diseases
>"I need money to pay denbts."
There, now you're a sapient bear and can do tricks to make money.
>"I wish I was a bear."
There, now you're a bear.

Based and Celt-pilled

Attached: 1633178698701.jpg (600x835, 73.37K)

we live in the lake district so like an hour from glasgow

good

Alternate teaser poster

Attached: Brave teaser2.jpg (1600x1046, 363.87K)

Alternate alternate teaser poster

Attached: Brave teaser3.jpg (595x850, 310.47K)