MCUfags get excited over a character that they've never even heard of

>MCUfags get excited over a character that they've never even heard of
What percentage of MCUfags know about the history of Marvel's characters and comic company?

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-134027~2.png (1080x1123, 333.79K)

Before The Avengers most they knew about was Spiderman, X-Men and Hulk

Cope

Couldn't say, I don't have the data nor mindset of a causal. Though I can understand why they're excited, it's new to them. It's that simple. Doesn't mean it will be quality of course but I do hope the first widespread impression of Marc is good.

That said I'm enjoying the current book, are you guys?

OH MY GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO CALL DRACULA A BITCH LIKE IN THE COMICS

>people like something
>BUT DO THEY KNOW ABOUT THE COMIC?!?!?!?!
Success isn't made by the niches.

>Muh gatekeeping is the only thing giving me an identity!

That's you. That's what you sound like.

This.

A fair amount. Of course, that’s why people consider it successful when they can make these characters known to more people. Prior to that even Iron Man was considered lesser-known, since he was always under the shadow of F4, Spider-Man, and the X-Men.

Gatekeeping is a good thing no matter how much you paint huffing retards whine about it. If I'm going to talk to someone about moon knight they better have the basic shit down instead of whining that I spoiled that he has multiple personalities.

Why do you care? MCU fans like what Marvel Studios had done with other characters they had never heard of before, and assume based on that track record that they'll probably like the next MCU project if they like the trailer and cast.

Any Forums is supposed to be a board for comic enthusiasts and yet at any given time it is possible to see multiple threads about the Marvel Cinematic Universe, an IP infamous in the sector for being the one that most widely caters to the taste of casual and occasional comic "fans".

Now, I don't see any threads on Any Forums about series like Modern Family or Grey's Anatomy, despite both being some of the most popular TV series airing, and that's because the userbase is mature enough to either not watch those programs clearly aimed at a completely different audience than the film enthusiasts who browse it, or to realize that discussing them is out of place in a site dedicated to enthusiasts of particular interests like Any Forums is.

On the other hand, MCU threads plague Any Forums constantly, and are some of the worst threads on the board in the matter of quality of posts. This, of course reflects the immature and non-internet-savy nature of the average MCU fan, which is not and could ever not be a comic enthusiast, so these threads pose an actual nuisance to the actual hardcore comic enthusiasts that wished to discuss their hobby with likeminded individuals on Any Forums. They are also known falseflagggers, shitposters and general console warriors, further decreasing the quality of content on the board.

My proposal to solve this issue, which is arguably one of the root causes for the current state of Any Forums, is to ban any user that mentions anything related to MCU, be it movies, TV shows or characters. I'm sure that the quality of the board would increase tremendously, as the moderation makes clear that MCU fans are not welcome on Any Forums, driving them away from the userbase in a permanent manner, thus removing the main source of bad content on the board.

Feel free to discuss how long the ban should be, I advocate a 3 days ban for first offenders and then a permanent ban for repeat offenders.

Attached: 1603765487784.jpg (1280x608, 46.64K)

>Moonknightmoonknight black lives matter!

>oh no someone is excited for a show
Hopefully from this they dive further into Moon Knight and comics as an art form. Hopefully from this show we get a hundred new artists, writers, directors, sound geeks, etc.

It's fucking annoying to deal with fans who don't actually read, enjoy, and understand Marvel Comics, but there's always a chance for something great to spawn from the most unexpected corners

And you're a dirty fucking whore.

SPIDER HYPHEN MAN

Fucking casuals, I hate casuals so much, why can't casuals just fucking die already?

>be in local LCS shop
>simple conversation with shopkeep
>tell him to "keep on truckin', like Crumb said"
>he doesn't know what I'm talking about

>later on
>he's talking about some "weird battle bunny book" a customer bought
>he's always on the hunt for dirty, filthy furfags
>they're good fodder for him to laugh at
>I look over, it's an Usagi Yojimbo omnibus

>one time
>shop setting up for MtG tournament
>he's talking about his Cerebus the hound card
>I tell him he must have meant "Cerberus"
>I tell him that "Cerebus" is an aardvark
>he insists that I'm mistaken

>once
>a middle-aged couple is browsing and arguing with each other
>I call them a couple of love bunglers, ask shopkeep his opinion
>he just stares at me blankly

>one day
>customer tries to buy a comic, he stops them
>"Rob Liefeld is the worst cancer to ever hit the industry" he explains
>"for your own sanity, avoid him at all costs" he goes on
>customer returns the comic to the shelf
>it's the 2012 relaunch of Prophet

>another day
>stray cat enters the store
>starts rubbing herself against him (he smells like fish 2bh (to be honest))
>he tries to shoo her away but she won't go
>I remark "that's one crazy cat, amirite?"
>I'm not proud of that
>I wasn't funny, I wasn't clever, I wasn't original
>but damn, he didn't show even the slightest hint of recognition

>2019
>ask if he's going to push any Bechdel comics after their success at the Tony Awards
>he yells at me that comics can't win Tonies
>not worth my time, I just walk away

>the worst
>every time someone comes and asks for fantasy and scifi recs
>all he can recommend is Vertigo (like Sandman) and Cosmic Marvel (like Annihilation)
>I mean, those aren't bad comics
>I mean, the customer will enjoy reading them
>but really, is that ALL he knows?
>is that ALL he can recommend?
>smhtbhfam

Attached: 45f28f28fa266dff933d0a58703a0a46.jpg (676x1022, 177.25K)

I don’t read comics. I just get excited for whatever movie comes out next in the MCU.

>ban people who talk about Any Forums related stuff on Any Forums
genius.

everybody clapped

Gatekeeping is terrible, and OP is a faggot.

Anyone unironically describing anything as "kino" is not an enthusiast of anything.

Attached: INo1ip1.jpg (343x250, 31.14K)