"Dude what if we put Miracleman in the 616?"

>"Dude what if we put Miracleman in the 616?"
What were they thinking?

Attached: 1643565416800.jpg (2000x2000, 516.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Marvelman-Classic-Vol-Mick-Anglo/dp/1302904736
deadline.com/2020/10/alan-moore-rare-interview-watchmen-creator-the-show-superhero-movies-blighted-culture-1234594526/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Miracleman
Literally who?

they will fuck this up so badly

>We need our own Doomsday Clock
There you go OP

>What were they thinking?

Attached: brevoort.png (1206x680, 163.88K)

They were thinking Watchmen is still the number one selling book and they have some of Moore's trash to go through, too

Miracleman wasn't created by Moore. He was a licensed character Moore did some work for hire on back in the day.

It's just splitting hairs, Moore had his run and they changed the character's name to Miracleman, and Moore's run is the only thing anybody cares about. He is de facto Moore trash

>did some work for hire
lol, yeah, just a quick little gig, nbd

I doubt Moore of all people would appreciate disparaging the original creator like that, given that part of the reason he refuses to be credited now is that Eclipse screwed Marvelman's actual creator out of royalties. Marvel gained the character and made a royalty contract with MM's creator's estate, then Gaiman abandoned a new ongoing. The character's fair game.

He is coming to the MCU so they need to prepare the audience

Keep going, you're really elevating this thread

Yes, just like his brief time at Marvel and DC. Moore's been pretty upfront about wishing people would talk more about his creator-owned stuff, surely you know that?

I'm just saying that from Marvel's perspective Miracleman = Moore so they see this as their Doomsday Clock

Indubitably, good sir. It's like, does anyone even remember his quant little run? I'd think not. Similarly, whichever minor stories he may have rattled off for "the big two" as it were, were but trifles, funny books now lost to the march of time.

You were quite clear about that being *your* perspective, user. I'm saying it's a shit attitude to have, and while Moore overcompensates for contributing to screwing over Mick Anglo, I doubt he'd approve of people calling Anglo's creation forgettable shit before Moore worked on it.

>Similarly, whichever minor stories he may have rattled off for "the big two" as it were, were but trifles, funny books now lost to the march of time.
You're free to look up any of Moore's interview from the last twenty years in which he's said he wants exactly that. I would have guessed that a Moore enthusiast like yourself already knew his feelings on his past work.

>acting like Marvel has even reprinted any Marvelman before Moore
Where do these contrarian tards come from? Why are they so useless and antithetical to intelligent discussion?

But i'm agreeing, my good man. Your presence in this thread puts this genre of "cape shit," nay, the entire medium of "comic books," in perspective and we are grateful for your deigning to grace us with not only your presence but your insight. An impressive display, I do say.

amazon.co.uk/Marvelman-Classic-Vol-Mick-Anglo/dp/1302904736
Kek, try harder.

Everyone, including Marvel brass knows what you're saying is correct, user. Our pretentious friend just likes to hear himself post.

Based disingenuous retard

>t. typing through gritted teeth and wet tear ducts
Moore hates superheroes. I'm not sure why you think he'd give a toss about anyone repeating his own words about seeing his work on them as being something he doesn't think about anymore.

My learned compatriot, I must admit your intellectual proficiency has left me but a groveling sap, wallowing in mine own tears. Yet again, you have bested a rival with great ease. Where Moore no longer regards his work for hire with great esteem, nor shall I. The argument that Moore would give a toss had yet to be made, and yet you disavowed that as well, perhaps precognitively. Does your acumen know no bounds?

>making a thread crying about a "Moore character" being misused (only the MM logo appears in Timeless, not the character himself in any case)
>insulting Mick Anglo
>crying about it being pointed out Moore despises the entire genre and wants to people to focus on his non-superhero work
Dry your eyes and read some different fucking Moore books if you like him that much.
deadline.com/2020/10/alan-moore-rare-interview-watchmen-creator-the-show-superhero-movies-blighted-culture-1234594526/