Weekly Any Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.fandom.com/wiki/The_Any Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Past threads:
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/the-conservatory wiki/type/op/

Attached: 1643324085330.png (718x910, 136.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.plus4chan.org/coc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How does this work?

>It works like a community toy chest. In the /coc/ threads you are free to post whatever ideas/settings/characters you want, but you have to be OK with other people playing with them (tweaking them, putting them in stories, using them for things, etc.)
>There's no guarantee that what you post will catch on either.

>If the OC you are posting is YOURS for something you are personally doing, then it would go to the "How is your webcomic?" threads.
>If you just want feedback on an OC of yours, then it would go in the "donut steel" threads or drawthreads.

If the thread dies suddenly or you still want to discuss something when there's no thread:
boards.plus4chan.org/coc/

Last time:

-Update on JackHammer: The Corn Maze Monster comic
-Progress continued on the GGu/BB Highway Robbery comic
-Discussion on Glory Girl in the 70s - 90s and what her mentor is like
-JackHammer fighting warehouse cultists plot idea
-Kaiju and other deep sea monster discussion
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Attached: 1643183180888.png (6110x5034, 494.47K)

Everyone's still asleep I think.

Attached: 1629248553782.png (1052x1473, 347.05K)

I’m awake now

I compiled the JackHammer story ideas from last thread into a chronological order, but I don't know where to put it.

Turn the text into a padf so it can be seen here?

My computer has been acting kinda fucky.

Or it my just be Photoshop. I'm getting random CTD.

Attached: HRpg8k.jpg (1429x900, 125.95K)

Do you mean a PDF? Those can only be uploaded on /tg/ I think.
I may as well just post it in the thread.

Villain who's power is to get fat, and turn his skin into rock. Called himself Rock'N'Roll, but after too many fat jokes he decided to make himself more imposing by adding all kind of weapons that would protrude how of him, so he's now... Roller Blades!

While more dangerous than before, his situation hasn't changed at all.

Jack touches him and turns him into a balloon. I could see Roller Blades yelling he’ll get his revenge and from now on JackHammer is now his nemesis, and Jack cringing at the thought of such a lame guy claiming to be his #1 enemy.

Jack is holding him like a balloon and sits on the ground waiting for the cops to arrive, and a child sits beside him holding a real balloon. Jack compliments the kids' balloon, and the kid replies that Jack's ugly. He chuckles a bit and agrees.

Jack is running late to football practice, there's a cultist on campus recruiting who is sprinting along side him trying to give him a pamphlet, but Jack ignores him since he's going to be late.

In their very first "meeting" I2Eye is at the college doing recruiting. Jack runs right by him despite I2Eye's best efforts to lure him in. This is because Jack is running late for football practice.

He gets there just barely on time and the coach is asking him what's going on since half the team is missing.

the training will still go on, but there are less exercices to do since some critical positions are missing. Though the coach would surely not find it funny that half the team isn't coming, and nobody told him before that... and considering the league they are part of, which is more professional than high school that's for sure, the coach is sure to get mad so many players skipped training.

Jack goes looking for Kurt thinking someone must be either sick or dead for this to have happened and sees him in a line to board a bus. He tries talking to him, but gets nothing like how Kurt usually is.

Kurt leaves on the bus. After missing multiple training sessions and hearing that he and other people have not come back, teachers say that it is normal and that they have been chosen for a extra-curricular project, but even they aren't sure when they'll come back (because they've also been mind controlled).
Jack decides he wants to know more about the "project" and asks a teacher if it's too late to join the group.

One scene that comes to mind is Jack riding on top of one of the buses to the cult's location.

Arrives at a shipping warehouse where people are working like mindless drones. So basically an amazon warehouse. Only there are armed guards.

He sees students and young adults coming off buses, and lining up, as if awaiting instructions. Then some costumed men wielding guns meet with the youngsters, clearly led by some lieutenant/head scientist.

The guy in charge then assigned each person a role and a task depending on what their abilities are. There could be some metahumans that are sent to the lab for examination.

Of all the slaves there is 1 or more that aren’t totally under the control of I2Eye and began panicking. The leader decided to send them to the holding cells until the boss comes back to finish their programming.

JH isn’t sure what’s going on, but he wants to bust in and save the person/people. He then remembers that Kurt is there somewhere, and he can’t go guns blazing.

Using his ability to make himself lighter than air he snuck inside the compound by sticking to the ceiling, until he reached the goons guarding the hostage(s) and took them out. He then told the ones he saved to hide (possibly in one of the buses), while he will go and try to find Kurt.

Having noticed earlier the guards using keycard to access doors, he loot one on one of the defeated goons and go on his way. A joke could be made with the goons being brainwashed members of the football team, and they are sore and bruised, and Jack is extremely embarrassed.
He has an "Oh shit, is that Doug? Sorry man..." when he tackles one of his follow teammates. Not that they could hear or understand him at that point.

He finds Kurt who is working on something and he looks physically tired, as if he barely slept or ate for a few days. JH tries to shake him out of it, but it doesn't do anything.
Then it clicks in JH's head. Kurt is being controlled by someone or something, which might be the same for the rest of the football team and the other students!

Jack tries to force Kurt to at least drink some water but ends up spilling it all over his face, which snaps him out of it.

comes to the simple conclusion that if he defeats the guy in charge he would free everyone. He also calls the police as backup.

JH finds the manager speaking to his superior via the usual big-screen-that-don't-show-the-face-of-the-bad-guy-yet, and he decides to jump at the bad guy.

Since he's the first baddie from I2Eye, I'm thinking his gimmick isn't the best one yet, Like he could be using prototype Eye Fighter (similar from the Gaster Blasters from undertale mixed with Eyebot from Fallout) that shoots huge laser beams. Newer models I2Eye would use would be smaller and could be disguised as beads on a Buddhist necklace. Since the guy's main job is to manage a shipping warehouse... plus he's not strong or particularly loved among the cult... how about we nicknamed him Cataract?!

JH would fight Cataract, take a few hits, then vanquish the bot, and goes in to arrest the bad guy.

Knowing he's about to get arrested, Cataract uses the intercom to evacuate the members of the cult, while he orders all the slaves to take any guns they have and shoot any intruders.

And that's why I wanted somewhere else to post it because it's just massive walls of raw idea text right now.

The guards can have the "shoot anyone who looks out of place" order.

While Jack is fighting Cataract, Kurt pretends to still be mind controlled around the guards until he can set off the fire alarm and sprinklers.

The mind slaves snap out of it. Cataract is left high and dry for when the cops show up. Jack bails to remain out of sight while Kurt stays behind to reveal what happened.

The stinger though would be Aoko holding up the newspaper going "See? I told you he'd be useful to leave alive." to her bodyguard.

Aoko justifies to her bodyguard/henchman that JH is more useful alive since she's able to point him at rivals to take down for them. Not sure how well it would work unless they find out each other's identities rather early on. If Jack ever finds out he still won't think that she was using him since all the information he was given lead to many dangerous criminals being taken down.

Too many layers maybe?

For the past year or so photoshop crashes my computer if it's open for "too long" so I've had to go to Krita

Attached: 1508796435472.jpg (734x1100, 165.7K)

>Jack is running late to football practice, there's a cultist on campus recruiting who is sprinting along side him trying to give him a pamphlet, but Jack ignores him since he's going to be late.
>In their very first "meeting" I2Eye is at the college doing recruiting. Jack runs right by him despite I2Eye's best efforts to lure him in. This is because Jack is running late for football practice.
So we make it obvious its a cultist? Something I though with I2Eye could be he made a conference telling about the virtue of his company (so brainwashing in masse), and the cultist could be a patrol that tries to bring Jack to the conference. Jack won't go of course, and the conference is nearly over too. After the conference is over, I2Eye exits the auditorium and sees Jack heading to his training session. Since he knows/doesn't remember if Jack has been assisting the conference he tries to convince Jack if he wants to talk a bit with him, but Jack is in too much of a hurry. Risking being late for an appointement of his own, I2Eye let Jack go. One more or less slave is no big deal.

Everything's fine here. Also since it's the main Any Forums-verse, how many metahumans would there be in proportion of the population? I know it was discussed for the Loverly Ladybug comic.

>A joke could be made with the goons being brainwashed members of the football team, and they are sore and bruised, and Jack is extremely embarrassed.
I feel like the joke would be better placed at the end of the arc with Jack and Kurt hanging with the rest of the Football team and Doug saying he's pretty sore, like he's been smashed with a hammer in X places. Jack has a flashback and he gets ashamed, while Kurt simply asks what's wrong... with Jack saying "nothing". Plus it would fit with Jack understanding that the goons are mind controlled when he sees Kurt.

Seems good.

All in all, we got a good story!

I think we need to make the scene with the cultist trying to get a hold of Jack as brief as possible. The cult leader himself needs to be the one to do it because he's the only one with mind control powers and the idea of a cultists running at full speed alongside a college football player is funny in my mind. It's also funny to me since that guy really would be I2Eye, the leader of the whole thing. No one ever suspects the leader to be out and about doing grunt work.

The story overall needs so much elaboration, and I'm just not in the right mindset right now to do it. Yet I know that's why the thread will end up dead, because I just wasn't in the mood at the moment when it was up.
Last thread lasted just a bit too long and I've not had long enough for all this to settle down yet in my mind to begin shaping it more.

Well hopefully, other discussion can be had and giving you time to rest. Otherwise, yeah the thread will die and we'll reappoint the rest of the story next week

The thing about /coc/ is if you want it, you really have to do it yourself.

So, what is Roller Blade doing in the opener? Is he just monologuing his life story before someone tells him to get on with it? What are the words he's saying?
Does he flip out and begin to roll out when someone interrupts him?

Pretty sure we should start the comic with JH already fighting Roller Blades. First panel(s) would be a busy street that immediately gets wrecked by RB in the next one(a). Perhaps JH just pulled away a civvie from RB and he’s now getting chased. The latter is saying something like “Get back here!”, and JH could quip with “You know that never works, right?”

JH would then think where he could hide the civilian without causing collateral damages and putting innocent lives at risk.

In a widespread panel JH could ask what’s gotten to the villain’s head to go ballistic like that, to which he replies that the civvie called him a stinky thrash blob (because when he rolls around things like pieces of gum on the pavement and other disgusting stuff on the ground are glued to him). In the widespread it could be him bouncing after making a huge crater and gaining height. Close up on RB’s face after with him saying “AND THAT MAKES ME… then followed by him smashing the ground, nearly hitting JH with “MAD!”

JH lands away from the new crater and let go of the civvie, who hides behind JH, and the hero asks if all that destruction is worth an insult. RB walks out of the hole saying that all his life people mocked him for his weight. JH gives a simple-minded answer like “Couldn’t you just work off the fat? People respect those who do that.” RB angrily replies with “My power IS to get fat! And to turn that fat to stone and back!”

JH unsure says “Oh, I’m sorry bud.” And the villain explodes with “You just called me blob?! Somebody called me blob again?! You’re f#####g dead!”

1/?

RB charges towards JH and spins, bent on pulverizing the hero.

JH prepares his sledgehammer and says “I hope this works!”

He then strikes/blocks RB by increasing his mass, which is enough to slow down the unslaught but he is still being pushed back and gets a few cuts from the blades here and there.

But everything goes according to plan. With the baddie loosing momentum, JH increases the villain’s weight tremendously, slowing him down more and more to near stop.

Villain is panicking and demanding to know what is happening, to which JH jokingly says that at this point he should “roll over” and surrender.

JH then uses his long anime scarf to tie it to one of RB’s blades and then make him float like a balloon. After that he sits on the ground, catch a breather, and calls the cops hoping they’ll get here quickly. Otherwise he’ll be late for practice.

After that we could have the kid with his own balloon be there and make his comment.

2/2, what do you think?

Maybe RB rolls over a piece of rope or a string of lights or a shop banner at some point and that's what gives Jack the balloon idea instead of sacrificing his scarf?

Could do that. Or the cops put RB in a anti-villain armored car to contain him and send him to jail, which lets JH recover his scarf? But that’d be adding a few more panels, so we could go with your idea.